The journey of freedom has just begun ....

jaysee

Registered Users (C)
.... the adventure which started four years ago culminated a few days ago. The customary mailbox pickup walk this afternoon will remain etched in my memory for a long long time. THE APPROVAL. I would be lying if I said that I have been an optimist all through this process because there have been days when I too had almost given up but then such days have been few. A new approval would raise my spirits and keep me going. The whole waiting game had its benefits too ... undeniably, it taught me patience ... plenty of it. I would hope to use plenty of it during my daily life. It would go a long way in making this world a better place to live in.

Precisely a week ago, I was busy preparing (make it consolidating) all the documents for my scheduled interview. The interview itself was pretty smooth and the surprising fact was that the officer herself was not sure why the case had been transferred. Oh yeah, my case was transferred on 30th Jan and my spouse's on 6th Feb. We were scheduled for an interview at the local office last Monday. We were asked to furnish the latest Employment Letter along with the last three years' Tax Returns/W2s. We were told that the results of a secondary background check was pending for the both of us and that it could take upto 2 months to clear the cases. Relieved that atleast we had got see our FILES in person, planned a trip to Las Vegas. Enjoyed. A fleeting thought did cross my mind "T'wud have been nice to have had the approval before the trip. Lo and behold! it was a fleeting thought no more. It was for real.

What an amazing adventure this has been. Started with the I-140 forum. Made it to this.
This has been an informative journey for all of us ... made a lot of us aware of the immigration laws to say the least and taught us one other very important aspect of life ... sharing .... of ideas, thoughts, views on different matters, experience ... .
Got a few like minded people together. Can't say enough to the members of this discussion forum. Atleast, let me start by saying thanks. So, here it is, a whole hearted "THANK YOU".

Hope to see each and everyone one of you still waiting get approved in the near future.
Good luck.

Jaysee.

RD 10 Oct 2001
ND 10 Nov 2001
FP 16 Jan 2003
AD 23 Feb 2004
Phew !!!!

Hey jaysee,

Congrats and yes this process teaches us PATIENCE as I am just learning the same and getting ready for the long journey ahead

Enjoy these moments

Congrats jaysee

finally you got approved, and ended your gc journey. enjoy your freedom and do what you want. go las vegas is good idea..., best luck.

Hi jaysee - Congratulations!!! "Transfer" proved to better than "RFE Sent" after all! Hope you celebrate by going to Vegas again! Good luck.

jaysee,
SABAR KA PHAL MEETHA.
I know you were disappointed when your case was transferred. Well enjoy your freedom.!!!

Congratulations..

Just take a deep breath and Enjoy your approval...

ND: 11/15/2001
FP: 02/01/2003

Thanks ...

.. for all your wishes. Good luck to all waiting to be approved. The letter is just around the corner.

bajis,
You are almost there. Hang on ....

The online status has not changed yet ...

.. don't think it will. Not that it matters anymore !!

Documents

Jaysee,

Could you pl list the docuemnts that you have carried to the interview?

Thanks

documents ?

vk123,

Regarding documents, take all possible things that you can.
which includes:

1. Latest Employment Letter from Company
2. Last 3 years W2s and Tax Returns
3. Proof too show you and your wife stay together (bank statements, auto insurance and health insurance. We had a kid recently and she asked for the kid's birth certificate but I had not taken it but had a couple of photos) In hindsight, maybe, a lease agreement would have been the best.
4. All arrival/departure records (I-94s, APs etc )

Don't worry too much. They are very polite.

Good luck.

Jaysee.