The I-94 puzzle

anniebesant

Registered Users (C)
:confused: :eek: Hmm..I seriously havent been getting much replies to my queries at this forum but you know what they say try, try and try again...

My question of the hour is: Do i surrender my old I-94 at the airport in Toronto? And what about the I-94 attached to my H1? And i assume I will be given a new I-94 when i re-enter the US?

I have been given conflicting answers by well meaning friends... hope someone out here can clear my doubts..

A

anniebesant said:
:confused: :eek: Hmm..I seriously havent been getting much replies to my queries at this forum but you know what they say try, try and try again...

My question of the hour is: Do i surrender my old I-94 at the airport in Toronto? And what about the I-94 attached to my H1? And i assume I will be given a new I-94 when i re-enter the US?

I have been given conflicting answers by well meaning friends... hope someone out here can clear my doubts..

A
Where are you at this time? Are you in Toronto? It seems you went to Toronto for go for Visa stamping. Please provide your details.
ALL the I-94 are surrendered before going out of US and if trip to Canada/Mexico is less than 30 days then one can enter with same valid I-94 (no need to give I-94)
If you have got the H1 stamp then the I-94 attached with your H1 is valid I-94 but in future it may create problems (USCIS has asked many who went to Canada and did not got new I-94 and listed last trip to Canada and then they have to submit affidavits) if coming from Toronto to US you will face US immigration at Toronto Airport better get NEW I-94 till Visa stamp validity and entry stamp in passport (you can give the past I-94 and the I-94 that is attached with H1 approval to CBP officer or ask them what to do)
** Keep the copy of all I-94 (front and back) for your future records.
**** I don’t know your full case details