The I-140 & I-485 will be adjudicated once the I-485 clears fbi name check

balabala said:
My I-140 have not moved since BSCIS recieved the RFE response in late June. so, if the email response is true, then my I-140 can not be approved until my background check is cleared
QUOTE]

Hi Balabala,
Form what you are saying this means that I-140 will be processed (ie if RFE needs to be sent out , it will be sent) but they will not approve the I-140 if the name check is pending !! Did your I-140 got approved ? What was the RFE for ?

I-140 approved, now what?

Friends
Need some info. This is my case info.

Concurrently filed mid April 05. EB3. LC sub.
I-140 got approved this week (after RFE response).
EAD approved.

Finger printing not yet done. I-485 yet to be approved.
(pls note eb3 numbers are not available till Oct 05)

Now what should I expect in the coming weeks.

Will I get a finger printing notice now or it will be sent only after Oct (when numbers are available) ?

My I-140 getting approved .. does this mean that my FBI name check is done ?
Or will my finger printing notice be sent only after name check is done ?

Now that I-140 is cleared, does this mean that the fact that I used a sub does not matter any more. So all the issues of locating and not finding the original labor etc do not apply to me anymore ?

Pls help me form my expectations ...

THANKS.

I-140 waiting for a visa number?

I submitted my I-140 on Sep. 2004, still not processed by CIS till now. Today a congressional inquiry response from CIS was my I-140 is waiting for a visa number in order to be processed. I never heard of needing a visa number for I-140, I thought it was only needed for I-485. Anybody know about it? Can you point me to some documents saying that visa number is only needed for I-485?

Thanks,

Hi Guys..

I ve just came back from USCIS office. I made and Infopass appointment to ask why my case is taking longer to be approved than the average of the cases that are being processesing in my Local Office.

They told me that they cannot complete my case in the normal time due my Name check is still pending ( my fingerprints were cleared the same day that i submitted them).

Now its been 3 months since i did my biometrics/fingerprints.

Questions:
1)IS NORMAL THAT THE NAME CHECK IS STILL PENDING 3 MONTHS LATER?
2) WHATS THE AVERAGE TIME TO HAVE YOUR NAME CHECK CLEANED?

I am guyfrom south america and have an uncommon german surname.....

Ill appreciate any kind of answers.

thanks so much!

namecheck pending is very common for most people now. If yours is pending, the usual wait time is about 1 to 2 years. I've seen people waited 3.

I got the same reply from USCIS i.e. your I-140 is pending due to the name/background check..it is already a year now and I still waiting.....

:rolleyes:

blahblah_gc said:
namecheck pending is very common for most people now. If yours is pending, the usual wait time is about 1 to 2 years. I've seen people waited 3.

ok... got it. This thing of name check is a mess.

and....Since i only have few months in the USA it's still unclear why we need to do a backgroundcheck again that only causes delay in our application...

Does anyone know if our namecheck procedure ( Fingerprints/ biometrics) is different from the visa namecheck at the NVC?

Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited by a moderator: