Thank God. I am through.

Congratulations Akbar
May God Bless you
I am very happy for you man

After 19 years, 6 months and 23 days.. I became permanent resident today.

Thank God. Thank you to all my well wishers on this forum. I pray for your patience.

Adios.

I told you so...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chacha Akbari, :D

Ever since you got the LUD for the RFE I knew it was the beginning of the end of your looooong GC quest. How many times did I tell you that this was it?

This long a wait for anything sucks out all the joy I bet. But I want to hear what you think. I am sure you are in a daze right now, but when you get over it in a day or two, tell us honestly what does it feel like now? Excited, relieved, numb or just plain oblivious and indifferent?

Good luck in your future endeavors.

And I agree with esparton, next deserving case in line is assur.

Last edited by a moderator:
19 years is practically more than half of my life.
Though Iam very happy for you , the more I think about is the more I get upset with USCIS. It takes a real man to have this kind of patience and I certainly hope you or any other member of your family does not have to go through this ordeal. I think USCIS has exausted its qouta with you for all your life.
HOpefully YOUR N400 application will be a breeze. Thats the least they can do :)
Cheers and enjoy

Congratulations Akbari! Patience pays but this is ludicrous ... justice delayed is justice denied. Delays like these are unacceptable. No private company would survive for such bad service, without even considering how much they charge!

Congrats....

I was kind of sensing this. Enjoying the greenary. Did you had any LUD after the 02/03/2008. Please update this.

congrats Akbari

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
can you update please some details. when did you have fingerprints. i had lud on 2/3/08 buy my FP are expired...

Congratulation !! What a patience for Green Card!
I would approach media for the sensational story !! Write a letter to the President and your lawmaker and inform them that what a punishment for being a legal! Some of the lawmaker have high sympathy for illegal for the hardship they are facing. Make them realize that this is call hardship 19.5 y waiting. President Kennedy only wait less than 8 years to reach moon. It is easy to reach moon but difficult to get Green Card being a legal high tech professional. Please contact media.

Once again my congratulation and admire your patience.

Thank God. Thank you to all my well wishers on this forum. I pray for your patience.

Adios.

Yes Akbari, Congrates.. Go and Enjoy "Jodhaa Akbar" Movie got released and you also got released from USCIS.

Adios.

Congratulations Akbari Bhai!!!!!!!!!
I don't know you but this is I know for sure that this 19 yr wait is a true testament of your character.

Akbari - could u provide us a small story- of the struggle to GC for the past 19 years. It would really help us to stay strong motivated...etc. I am here in this country for 11 years and think about leaaving this country for ever. enough is enough....

Thank you so much.

7-20-1988 to 2-13-2008
Sequence of Events:
F1,
H1, State Labor approved, Fed Denied, ALJ – denied
F1 visa
Direct labor – filed in 1/3/1998
Approved in Mid 2002
Filed I-485 on 1/23/2003
Stuck in Name check since 3/9/2003
Finally approved 2/13/2008

Lots of events in between – simply :->unimaginable struggle. I cried when I received the approval email because I lost ability to smile.

The people who know us can testify about us being normal despite of this struggle. But the darkness of nights and moments of solitude witnessed our manifestation of pain. If you take our prayer mats for chemical analysis, you will find lots of salt in it – TEARS!

We sincerely pray to God to forgive us for wasting so much time and energy asking for this worldly thing.

We sincerely thank all of you for your greetings and sympathy. May God grant you and family peace of mind while you wait for the conclusion. May God give you strength and ability to keep yourself enthusiastic and happy for other things in life. Amen.

Akbari Bhai,

They should give you citizenship along with the green card as well.
:)
My good God!!!! 19 years - unbelieveable!!!