TD expired

whatsupbuddy

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

My TN visa for same employer was extended for a year. Thatr time my wife was abroad. When she came back the immigration extended her TD only for two weeks because it was her old TD visa. He did not accept the photocopy of my New TN visa at Newark airport. Now her status is going to expire next week. I am planning to leave US in one month to go back to Canada. Is it legal for her to stay couple of weeks with expired TD while I am legally working on TN for same employer since two years.

I hope I did not make it too complecated.

Thanks in advance......

She will be out of status from next week, so this is not the ideal situation.

The fact that she will be leaving in a couple of weeks makes the situation tolerable, but there is a risk upon return.

But, technically she should be either filing an I-539 by next week, or getting to the border with a copy of your I-94.

Now, geting back to what happened at Newark. what other documant did she have? Is she non-Cdn? How did officer know your previous TN was still good?

This illustrates the difficulties to get good TN/TD servicde at non-Cdn PFI/POE. Had she entered from canada she would have gotten full TD (again, assuming she is Cdn and not needing consular visa)

It was immigration officers mistake because he gave her a visa on my expired visa. And he refused to give her visa for which I gave the photocopies to my wife. It was technically wrong and it shows how incompetent they are at other POE than Canada..... Is it possible to file I-539 online.....

If she had a copy of your new I-94, why did she also have the old one? it was irrelevant at that point. Its up to you to provide only the documents they need. And its was up to her to demand the right I-94 expiry, from supervisor.

You can file I-539 online. Or mail. $300 either way.

There may be a way to get this corrected, othrs may be familiar with the process, at a local office.

Thanks for your early response. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the local immigration office. Let's see what happens. But that we showed both I-94's was a mistake. With that incompetant officer now we have to fly from florida to Canada with two small children.....

I appreciate your response.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!

All my dependents got extended upto my TN date. It happened at the Port of west palm beach Inspection centre. If anybody else has this problem please note that we need to go to US customs and Inspections office and not US Immigration office. I went to US immigration office by appointment and they turned me to US customs and border protection office which is also termed as "Inspections".

The officer hearing my wife experience called the Newark officer an IDIOT and understood that he did a mistake despite my wife trying to convince him several times.

Well all's well when end's well...........

Thanks everybody.........