• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tax liability clock starts ticking at embassy or POE?

TommyEdo

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone please tell, when is tax liability start to become effective,is it after our passports are stamped at embassy or when we land at POE?

It starts when you enter US with your immigrant because up to this point, you are only an immigrant visa holder, not yet a lawful permanent resident.

WIN $ 30.00 ,by answering a question

WIN $ 30.00 ,by answering a question
I will send $ 30.00 as token of appreciation if anybody can find me answer to this situation by 11.59 pm on 04-27-08
Here is my situation. I am a physician I had three I-485 and three 1-140/
Two I-140 and 1-485 were on the basis of labor certification RIR and perm.
One I-140 and I-485 was on the basis of NIW.
I had my LPR granted 2007 on the basis of RIR, that means my rest of the application were still lying with INS.
Now after one year I receive NOID on one of the I-140 stating that there is discrepancy in my service record, and I made some false statement under perjury and penalty, and reference is being made to my other applications. My question if anybody knows any procedural regulation or memo about how USCIS deals with pending applications after green card has been approved. All I been hearing is hearsay I want some documentation. Most common opinion is that they just deny it, but what I am wondering that in this NOID there is no mention that I have green card but there is mentioning that they are in possession of my entire record. M y attorney says that I should withdraw the petition but still submit my rebuttal. I differ, because in this way I will never know did they accept my rebuttal or not.

I read one memo, which states that if INS suspect’s fraud it should send case to Fraud Dept. instead of NOID, why they did not do that. It’s not making any sense to me

how does your question relate to DV lottery? go ahead and ask it in H1b subforum or EB immigration subforum.