Tampa Timeline?

Looks like you are from India and H1

bsnl said:
It is 1 month 1 week since my FP....Is there ane way I can know the status of my name check? Thanks

N-400 Applcation Sent : 07/15/2006
Appl Recvd Date : 07/18/2006 (RD)
Priority Date: 07/18/2006 (PD)
Notice Date : 07/25/2006 (ND)
FP Notice Date: 08/01/2006
FP Appt Date: 08/23/2006
FP taken: 08/23/2006

If that is correct I seeing a lot of Indian H1's getting into this check. I read somewhere (GAO Report) that they are doing a manual verification for these types with hitech background's and there is about 44,000 of them till end of Feb 2006. My colleagues too are stuck in the same boat. And I believe the ppl who are filing now are the ones who got GC's approved after AC21 when the floodgates where opened for eB3's so good luck......

v1v1v1 said:
Hi everyone,
I took my oath today at the Convention Center.

I did register to vote right there.

Very happy to get this process over with. I feel like the Journey that started several several years ago, has finally ended.
Congratulations Mr. or Mrs. v1v1v1. (Can't tell which from the name! :) )

Touch screen voting is easy and organized. You'll like it.

I feel like the journey is just beginning. Everything up to now has just been preparation, like lacing up sneakers.

Have fun, my fellow American!

Congratulations v1v1v1! Getting the passport should be the easiest part of this journey. :)

Maryvams, any movement on your application? I'll keep my fingers crossed that things move quickly.

bsnl, there was a phone-number listed in one of the sticky threads, but I have no idea whether that's still good (people on this board have said the #'s are changed when too many phone-calls come in or something along those lines). But 5 weeks really isn't a very long wait between prints and interview letter, so I personally wouldn't pursue this just yet.
Added: It's in the Name Check Experience sticky thread. The most recent poster on the subject says the FBI no longer responds to requests though. But again, I think you don't have anything to worry about yet, since it hasn't been a very long wait for you at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case not Found

Caillie said:
Congratulations v1v1v1! Getting the passport should be the easiest part of this journey. :)

Maryvams, any movement on your application? I'll keep my fingers crossed that things move quickly.

bsnl, there was a phone-number listed in one of the sticky threads, but I have no idea whether that's still good (people on this board have said the #'s are changed when too many phone-calls come in or something along those lines). But 5 weeks really isn't a very long wait between prints and interview letter, so I personally wouldn't pursue this just yet.
Added: It's in the Name Check Experience sticky thread. The most recent poster on the subject says the FBI no longer responds to requests though. But again, I think you don't have anything to worry about yet, since it hasn't been a very long wait for you at this point.

Thanks Caillie....I just checked online status and it says CASE NOT FOUND....does that mean IL is on its way? Does it mean Name check/Background check is complete?

Just wanted to update my status..I recieved the Interview letter just now (I was expecting this as my case status was not found on online status).....it is on NOV 8th....does this mean that my name/background check is complete as I thought the IL's are sent only after these checks are complete? :)

N-400 Applcation Sent : 07/15/2006
Appl Recvd Date : 07/18/2006 (RD)
Priority Date: 07/18/2006 (PD)
Notice Date : 07/25/2006 (ND)
FP Notice Date: 08/01/2006
FP Appt Date: 08/23/2006
FP taken: 08/23/2006
IL Notice Date : 09/26/2006
IL Notice Recieved Date : 10/02/2006
IL Appointment Date : 11/08/2006

Congratulations bsnl.....I think your Name Check

is all done and you should be ok. My prayers for the same. Nowadays they are not sending any IL out b4 name check clearance. Mine was a rarest case. I dont know how I got thru to Interview without Name check being cleared.

Cheers...and good luck. Interview is the easiest part.

maryvams said:
is all done and you should be ok. My prayers for the same. Nowadays they are not sending any IL out b4 name check clearance. Mine was a rarest case. I dont know how I got thru to Interview without Name check being cleared.

Cheers...and good luck. Interview is the easiest part.

Thanks Maryvams....I am really lucky if my name check is indeed over.....I sincerely wish and hope that your name check hurdle gets over soon....anyway since your interview is over you have a choice to sue USCIS (1447b) after 120 days, you shud be fine.....

Will Infopass help ...

Its almost 3 months since my husband had his FP done and he has still not received his IL. His name is a very common name and so I guess his application has fallen into the dreaded "name check". His Case Status still shows up on the USCIS website (TSC). We were wondering if there will be any point in fixing an Infopass appointment to find out what's happening. Can anybody tell us if you know whether they will be able to help us at the Tampa DO when we fix up the InfoPass appointment? Like, will they be able to give us any info since the case has not yet gone to the DO. Also, how long does one have to wait before fixing up an Infopass appointment? Its almost 90 days since FP. I read somewhere that its 120 days. Can somebody confirm that for us?

Also, one more thing, his appplication receipt number starts with SSC*? Is that the same as everybody else applying from Tampa?

Thanks

Wife's Oath at Tampa Courthouse

My wife just received her oath letter. Name change Oath at US District Court, Tampa on 10/20. Thanks everyone for all their valuable inputs and info. This thread has just been amazing. Thank you.

Congratulations and good luck, bsnl!
Also congratulations to Mrs. v1 for receiving her oath letter.

v1v1v1 said:
My wife just received her oath letter. Name change Oath at US District Court, Tampa on 10/20. Thanks everyone for all their valuable inputs and info. This thread has just been amazing. Thank you.

When was your wife’s interview? My wife also waiting for name change Oath,

Thanks

Common name??

Is your name a common name? My husband's name is a very common name and we believe his has also fallen into the name check . Was wondering how long it takes to get cleared from this "name check" mess.

klm123 said:
Name check hurdle is over!

Yes my case status disappeared today...waiting for IL

stbg said:
Is your name a common name? My husband's name is a very common name and we believe his has also fallen into the name check . Was wondering how long it takes to get cleared from this "name check" mess.

My name is very unique. But got into "name check" mess which took 3 extra months.

I found out my "name check" issue by Infopass app.

We were thinking that "name check" delay happens for persons with common name. Guess our next step will be to fix an Infopass appointment and check out if its in the "name check" or is it some other thing.

Thanks klm123.

klm123 said:
My name is very unique. But got into "name check" mess which took 3 extra months.

I found out my "name check" issue by Infopass app.

stbg said:
We were thinking that "name check" delay happens for persons with common name. Guess our next step will be to fix an Infopass appointment and check out if its in the "name check" or is it some other thing.

From what I understand that's a common misconception. What I've read here (which isn't everything! Who can keep up? ;)), "name check" includes all the background checks, and doesn't really have much to do with the name. E.g. I remember someone saying that the background check becomes more difficult if you've lived in more than one country prior to moving to the US. How much of that is true, I can't say, but it made sense to me, especially if you're from a country where the government is notoriously slow or may be resistant to provide information??

At any rate, considering that the latest processing time updates (from 10/12) say that the Tampa DO is currently working on N-400s from January of this year (taking this information with a grain of salt, but it is a bit of a guideline nonetheless), I really don't think you have anything to worry about just yet. I know it's frustrating when others who filed at the same time have already received their interview letters, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything is going wrong with your husband's application.
If you go back a little inside this thread you'll see that people who filed in August, October and December of last year (the latter being me) received their interview letters at virtually the same time. And it makes no sense that they would catch up on 4 months worth of files all of a sudden, and it also makes no sense to assume that nobody else filed in the interim to allow the three of us to be scheduled at the same time. Point being: It certainly seems that some files just move more quickly than others. My interview, btw, ended up being postponed by almost 2 months for reasons unknown, so I ended up being interviewed quite a bit later than some who filed almost two months after I did.

Having said that, I totally understand how frustrating it is to wait and of course everybody would like for it to be accomplished sooner rather than later. But I really don't think you have any reason to worry just yet. It's only been 4 months since your husband filed (June 2006, right?). My process took almost 8 months, and I don't recall seeing anybody get through in less than 5 months. Anyway, if it'll make you feel better, I don't think it could hurt for you to make the Infopass appointment. Maybe they can shed some light on what's going on with your husband's application and make you feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Caillie..

Thank you very much Caillie. That was reassuring. But like you said its really frustrating when you see people who have applied later than you getting their IL etc very quickly. I guess we are not the really "lucky" ones. :-( The whole thing is more frustrating cos' we have been doing a long distance relation for a year now after our marriage (due to visa issues. My husband is a GC and I am on my H1B visa) and the pressure is now mounting..
So, yours took 8 months to get done is it?? Well.. I hope ours gets done in atleast that many months.

Thanks again Caillie..

That IS very frustrating if your own visa/ status depends on it! I hope things go smoothly from here on in and you get through the process quickly.
Again, it can't hurt to go and get an Infopass appointment and just see what they know. At least that way you'll have some clarity. And it's not like they'll hold it against you for coming in to ask a question, so you have nothing to lose except the time it takes you to get to the Tampa office. ;)
My process from mailing the application to being sworn in took almost 8 months (one week short of 8 months. actually). But some people who had filed in mid-January (again, I filed in early December) were sworn in before me, so my best guess is that the average is about 6 months right now. Not too bad, considering it used to take 1 1/2 years!
Again, I don't think you have to worry yet, but I wish you the best of luck with a speedy process and then with your own application!

Thanks Caillie. Do you know when my husband can apply for my GC? I read somewhere that he should file for my GC the day he takes the Oath. Do you have any info on this???