Tampa Timeline?

I'll chime in, too. This thread has been very helpful! :)

My filing date is early December '05, FP were in the beginnning of February.
Mary, the office (on Adamo) was just as busy when I went. When I asked about it they said that they were undergoing some kind of test to see whether they can handle the increased volume. Apparently it's working if they're still doing it 7 weeks later! Of course if the volume of interviews doesn't increase, it ultimately isn't all that helpful to N400 applicants. :(

Paulg, after reading your post I, too, checked my status and it is not available. Since I am 2 months behind you, I wonder whether perhaps the system is just down? Not that it wouldn't be great if HWPD, you and myself were all cued to have our interview dates sent to us!!

On a separate note, I had to go into the Tampa Field Office about 3 weeks ago for a separate matter and asked about the stagnant N400 processing times in Tampa whilst I was there. They said that they're generally telling people it's a 9-12 months process right now to get citizenship. They didn't really say why nothing has moved since December.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it is down

then it has been down a while.

HWPD has an appointment date, but didn't post that news here on this thread. The notice came on March 25. It would seem a big coincidence that the status was unavailable just before the notice finally came thru. HWPD's appointment date is on May 10. They screwed the notice up tho. It says the interview is in Memphis!

I am hoping my appointment doesn't fall either in my coming trip to Australia in April/early May or my trip to California in late May.

And I don't really want it to be in Memphis.

Thanks Paulg. I didn't realize that!
I saw the "early May" part of your signature, HWPD, but your posts only say that you're waiting, so I wasn't sure whether you were anticipating having your interview in early May or if it was actually scheduled. I hope you get the location bit cleared up and can actually move forward! Good luck!

I guess this means there is hope that things are actually moving, and if the disappearing online status really is a sign in my case, it would mean they're moving fairly quickly. I will definitely keep everybody posted if I hear anything on my end.

Good luck Paulg with the timing in regards to your travel. I envy you your trip, especially the one to OZ!

ETA: I just found HWPDs other thread. I check in on this thread regularly, but only visit the main forum every once in a while. Sorry I misssed all the other info!

Caillie, welcome aboard ......

Saw your comment that your case status was missing. I have a question on that. Have you seen your Case Online anytime after filing. The reason I am asking is this will give a clue on whether your Interview letter is in the mail.
My case has never been available Online right from day 1. So if this is just your first time checking the online status then dont have your hopes high. A week from now will tell you if you have the Interview scheduled. On the other hand if you had seen the status of your csae before....then it is the best thing to happen to all of us Tampaites. Anyway October to Decmeber is not far away....So Good luck ..... :)

My Analysis of the Online system.

The Online System and the system accessed by are in two different databases. That way hackers cannot access the details about the cases from the Online database. That's a pretty intelligent thing to do.
Every week an extract file is taken of all the NEW cases and sent to Online system. This has very basic information. If your case is extracted then your case status starts showing up. If you are left behind (software bug) then your case will never ever be available Online (both web and telephone). But the normal process will continue becos the main system works pretty well and you are in it.
Every day there is an update file which updates the status of any records that was updated. Also there is a purge file for Naturalization Cases. That will purge the Case from this Online system when the case has been issued an Interview Letter from the Service Center. Now your case has been transferred to the Local DO.

All this is just my interpretation.

HWPD, best of luck with your Info Pass appointment! The one I had 3 weeks ago (for another issue) was very prompt and there were few people waiting, which was nice! :)

Mary, thanks for the good wishes. My case status used to be displayed. I last checked it about 10 days ago (and a few times before that), and it said that they received the application in early Dec. and that it's taking "between 750 and 999 days". So I guess this "disappearance" is good news then, but I don't have my hopes super high. I will keep you posted though if I hear anything! And of course I'll keep re-checking my status online as well to see if it shows up again, just in case. I never expected to hear anything before September, so this would be great news! :)

UPDATE:

I went to Tampa today rather than going next week, as today became available all of a sudden.

I was very impressed with the building itself.

I spoke to an immigration officer, who stated that my case was sent to Memphis by mistake. He descheduled my interview. Now the case will go to Tampa and they will have to pick the next available date. He said they might be booked through May or possibly June already. So when they start sending out interview letters, that's when I get mine.

I'm glad you were able to clear this up and wish you the best of luck with your new interview date!
At least now you'll know exactly in which building you'll be interviewed. ;)

Caillie said:
I'm glad you were able to clear this up and wish you the best of luck with your new interview date!
At least now you'll know exactly in which building you'll be interviewed. ;)

That was the least of my worries. That's what the mapquest is for. Sucks that because of that the whole process will be delayed.

Bullseye!

I got my interview notice date today. It is scheduled for May 10, at 8:10am.

Day and time I get back from Australia: May 10, at 11.45pm.

So I am writing to ask for a new interview date.

N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on October 7, 2005
Fingerprint Date: December 6, 2005
Case Status Updated and no longer available online: March 23, 2006
Interview Notice Date: March 22, 2006
Interview Notice Received: March 31, 2006
Interview Date: May 10, 2006
Write to ask for a new date: March 31, 2006

Hopefully you will get it soon.
Still waiting on my descheduled notice. Hoping that they will send me a new notice from Tampa soon.

Great news!

I am happy for you. It would have been very unfair for you to have to wait longer because of an error made by the USCIS.

It seems very quick that they got back to you with this new date. Let's hope that is a good sign for all of us.

Oh no-no-no-no.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

What I was saying was I got the DEscheduling notice, which says that my interview in Memphis was cancelled.

Now I have to wait for my notice from Tampa, which I think will be scheduled around late May or June, the immigration officer said it could even be July.

I thought the interview notice came from the

Service center......Anyway there is some movement which is always good. Since paulg99 got it for early May(old one) too .....I suspect your new ID will be June...Good Luck.....
Whatever happened to Caillie......I thought you said your case went offline a week ago. Any Updates ??

I looked at your signature and it said the interview was Early May still.

Descheduling is still good news. At least you know that they are not still expecting you to show up in Memphis.

maryvams said:
Whatever happened to Caillie......I thought you said your case went offline a week ago. Any Updates ??

Sorry, I wasn't able to post for a few days. Paulg and HWPD, best of luck to you with the re-scheduling!
I received my notice on the same date as Paulg and I'm scheduled for the end of May. They must have made up for quite a bit of time, it seems. I hope the trend continues for you and all the other applicants, Mary. I'll keep you posted on any developments if you want. Here's hoping things continue to go smoothly!