Talked to TSC IO

PC-IMMI

Registered Users (C)
Just talked to TSC IO. She verified my case and said:

1. NameCheck has been cleared.
2. There is no Visa# available on my case.
3. I have to wait till October, 2007.

I had filed for the renewal of my 4th EAD in June, 2007. When enquired about my pending EAD, she said that it has been assigned to an officer and can expect a decision very soon.

EB3 - India
PD - 04/15/2004
I-485 - RD - 12/17/2004, AD - ??

hey did your LUD change after you spoke to her? My LUD changed to 8/2/07 within an hour or so. It has never happened before after I spoke to a IO using POJ.

The call was confusing to say the least.....she said that my application was tagged for approval....she said I could hear in 30 days....then she put me on hold for 5 minutes.....she came back and I asked NC cleared since I was in NC per Infopass, she checked and said yes NC pending...only FP clean....then she said no approval for me ....:confused:

Well anyways, we will see what happens. My guess is something is going on with NC cases. We have seen some recent approvals of EB2 folks filed july-sep last year. Since we were severly retrogressed then, most folks who applied then got approval in less than 3 months. The remaining bunch from that lot are mostly NC cases. Some are getting approved now...wondering what may the reason.... ;)

I did not see any change in the LUD. It's been only 30 min since I spoke to her. I will keep posted.

I called just now and everything is clear on my application..got to wait until Oct for visa numbers!!

how you can talk with IO?

I called, and asked about my case info and name check status.
the lady answered we have no info about FBI name check, only FBI can do it. then hang up..

how you guys can make IO talk about your case?

thanks...

I called just now and everything is clear on my application..got to wait until Oct for visa numbers!!

I called, and asked about my case info and name check status.
the lady answered we have no info about FBI name check, only FBI can do it. then hang up..

thanks...

Same here, i just called TSC and i got connected within 3 mins. The lady did not want to tell me anything and did not help me at all.

It's just luck, sometimes you get nice IO to find about your case status.

Good luck

By threatening to send them flowers if they don't answer?

Just kidding... :)

Some IOs are helpful, others aren't. It's pure luck who you get on the phone and what mood they are in.

It also helps if you have a problem with some documentation that you have received, or if you haven't received any documentation that you are expecting to (like a missing fingerprint notice, etc. - not the g.c., of course :) )

Same here. I called about an hour ago...She sounded already pissed. She said go online and jerk off..

I made that last part up. But I got nothing from the IO. I haven't spoken to any IO since 2005 :)

Same here. I called about an hour ago...She sounded already pissed. She said go online and jerk off..

I made that last part up. But I got nothing from the IO. I haven't spoken to any IO since 2005 :)

any lud change after you spoke to IO???

They do not have credit anymore

My personal exprience told me that the IOs are not trustable.

In June, I talked with TSC IO after I took the second FP. She could not provide more information other than what I saw from online. Then she suggested me to take an infopass.

I followed the suggestion with hope. Then I took my first ever infopass in July. The inforpass officer confirmed the following: (1) I485 pending (2) stuck in background check (3) background check since 2005 (but no month showing in their system), presumably shortly after I submitted the I485 (4) 2nd FP received fine (5) visa numer was allocated to my case. (6) visa number is fixed to my case and will NOT be taken away even if they did not approve my case before this fiscal year. (7) Infopass office suggested contacting congressman and senator.

About a week ago, I called USCIS National Customer Service Center asking information about the application of AP travel document. That lady totally did NOT understand their own policy!! I asked where to file I131 because we filed I485 in California and case was transferred to Texas. She said file I131 to California. I said "But my case is pending at Texas." She said "You must have moved out side of California after you filed the case?" My god, I filed all by myself EB2-NIW but I was stupid enough not knowing where I am living. Anyway, I answered "I have been living in California for 5 years. But USCIS transfered my 485 to Texas in 2006." She asked "Why did they transfer your case?" "Well, you should ask your own person about the reason. But many I485 cases were transferred at that time." Then she remember the transfer story. At this time, finaly she was able to confirm that I should file I131 to Texas.

In the same call, I want to confirm the information from infopass IO. But that lady said, "You do not have visa number plus background check is pending!" Now, I do NOT have visa number :(. I then ask, "But the inforpass IO told me blah blah..." Guess what, that lady said "I am not suppose to be responsible for that other people told you." Ok. OK. "Could you tell me the background check is pending since when?" "I am not allowed to give you such information" "But how come the infopass IO told me that it is pending since 2005? Could you tell me which information I should trust? I am a legal immigrant following the rule and law. Can I just get a straight answer for this fair question?" Guess what, she said "We have constant internal communications that you do not have access to. Our system is not here for your approval." Enough is enough. I hang up. Maybe next time I should record all the conversation with USCIS. But the information is: background check not cleared; no visa number give and my case is in dust.

Some one suggested contacting TSC directly because they might have more detailed/accurate information. So, I just called TSC a moment ago. That lady essentially refused to provide any information. Just said, "NO visa number is given to my case and background check is not cleared." I then ask exactly the same question:"background check since what time?". She said that she was not allowed to disclose such information. I stopped right there.

My conclusion is that do NOT trust any USCIS answer before you get the green card. Even if they tell you your background is cleared and wait until Oct., they could simply say (in Oct.) that your background is NOT cleared and they could not do anything before some "agency" finish your background check. Oh, by the way, the lady at National Customer Service said she was NOT allowed to say the name of agency processing the background check. So you could guess probably the National Park Service, FCC, FDA, or Department of Agriculture is processing that.

What can we do? What can a legal immigrant do other than working hard, worrying about legal status all the time, and paying the tax?

By the way, here is my information:

EB2/NIW I140/I485 concurrent file 09/23/2005, CSC
Cases transferred to TSC 03/23/2006
I140 approved 06/26/2006, TSC
I485 pending...

Last edited by a moderator:
toyouyou
Just need a clarification-I am getting ready to file my I-131 and I-765(EAD and AP) and after extensive research on the net+my lawyer-the place to file the applications is now determined by where u live.So even if ur case is pending at Texas and u live in CA you have to file with Nebraska-see http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf page 6 para F.
Confuses the hell out of me too becoz my case was at VSC last year and I filed there but the lawyer said they changed everything.

also page 7 of teh EAD instructions gives the exact location-again this is determined by where u live(not what center has ur I 485)-it makes no sense but both these documents were updated 7/30/07 so hopefully are correct

I called 2 times today was connected two diffrent TSC IO and got nothing... All they say is, Go online and check the status.... The second time was even worse IO was complaining that I hunted the TSC number when I said I just called the 1-800# and would like to know the status... :)

Looks like all most of the TSC IO are pissed....

I have InfoPass Appointment tomorrow (Aug 3rd) and will post details how that one goes..... Hoping to get some answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
AP -- Where to File

Thank you indidoc,

The I-131 web page was apparently updated on July 30. While I was preparing the application, there is NO clear instruction about which center to file.

I filed on July 28th according to the instruction on the old form. It says " If you filed at a USCIS field office to adjust your status as a permanent resident, submit or mail this application to that office according to its filing procedures." Hopefully TSC will accept it. Probably it is worth a call to TSC for clarification.

toyouyou
Just need a clarification-I am getting ready to file my I-131 and I-765(EAD and AP) and after extensive research on the net+my lawyer-the place to file the applications is now determined by where u live.So even if ur case is pending at Texas and u live in CA you have to file with Nebraska-see http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf page 6 para F.
Confuses the hell out of me too becoz my case was at VSC last year and I filed there but the lawyer said they changed everything.

I haven't seen better mess than USCIS. Their Customer Service Reps don't know any thing. Service Center IO and Infopass are giving rude and contradictory (some time totally wrong) information.

My son was below 14 when we filed I 485. He turned to 14 in May 2007. Several time I requested for his biometrics but till not get. My wife and I got approved on 7/13/07. They didn't approved my son as they don't have his biometrics. What they did for last 2/3 years?? Now I would be another cycle of retrogression for my son.

God Save from USCIS !!

I went for an infopass appt at ATL. The IO told me that USCIS had requested for two FBI name checks on the same day (probably by mistake) in Nov'2004 and one of them has come back successfully while the other is pending. According to her, my security check is clear since one of them has come back even though the other one is still pending. But, I got a response from senator's office that my name check is pending which is what I hear when I talk to Texas IO. Has anyone been in this situation? what needs to be done now?

Thanks.

EB3 PD July 2002 ATL
I-485 RD Oct'2004
TSC

7 dwarfs?

Wonder which of the 7 dwarfs are on call-answering duty today at TSC:
-Bashful
-Doc
-Dopey
-Grumpy
-Happy
-Sleepy
-Sneezy
On second thought, make that 6 dwarfs, since I'm not sure "Doc" would be at TSC

How did you call TSC and how did you get o IO

Just talked to TSC IO. She verified my case and said:

1. NameCheck has been cleared.
2. There is no Visa# available on my case.
3. I have to wait till October, 2007.

I had filed for the renewal of my 4th EAD in June, 2007. When enquired about my pending EAD, she said that it has been assigned to an officer and can expect a decision very soon.

EB3 - India
PD - 04/15/2004
I-485 - RD - 12/17/2004, AD - ??

How did you call TSC and how did you get o IO. Any hlep is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Your case is very similar to mine. I got approved on 7/18/07 and LUD at same day for my son who turned to 14 in May 07, too. After a couple of days a FP notice for my son was arrived. You'd better call TSC again. I know most of reps are very rude. But there is no way but try again.

I haven't seen better mess than USCIS. Their Customer Service Reps don't know any thing. Service Center IO and Infopass are giving rude and contradictory (some time totally wrong) information.

My son was below 14 when we filed I 485. He turned to 14 in May 2007. Several time I requested for his biometrics but till not get. My wife and I got approved on 7/13/07. They didn't approved my son as they don't have his biometrics. What they did for last 2/3 years?? Now I would be another cycle of retrogression for my son.

God Save from USCIS !!