Talked to i/o NSC

hopeofgc

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
I called up today NSC and i/o said that my case is assigned to officer and in review. She said it could take from 60 to 90 days to make a decision. I have got the same response when i called last week as well. I am not sure what is going on? Is there something to worry or concern since it is taking a while to review my case. I initiated the service request 2 days back. I took infopass appointment and they provided no info. Also, i contacted local congressman office last week and no response from them yet. I am really tired and stressed out.......this is making me restless and sleepless as well.

EB3
PD: April 2003
RD I-485: 06/2004

congressman enquiry.

I too have a raised a service request and received the reply after a couple of weeks saying my case in queue. Last week I called up my congressman and asked them find out the status. They asked me call them this thursday
luckily I received the approval last night. You may want to try that.

I know how yuo feel, when you are waiting waiting and others with later PD & RD gets approved. Since your case is assign to officer, it will be approved with in week. take my words. Don't take tension. just keep calling everyday. I know its not going to give you approval. but you will know whats going on with your case. when i called in morning IO asked me not to call before 120 days and after an hour I got approval. so its just matter of few days.

IOs won't tell that you will get approal in 7/10 days. 60 / 90 / 120 days is their fixed answer. I hope and pray that you get GC before you get any letter from uscis about your SR.

Best of luck.

Gurus,
I called up today NSC and i/o said that my case is assigned to officer and in review. She said it could take from 60 to 90 days to make a decision. I have got the same response when i called last week as well. I am not sure what is going on? Is there something to worry or concern since it is taking a while to review my case. I initiated the service request 2 days back. I took infopass appointment and they provided no info. Also, i contacted local congressman office last week and no response from them yet. I am really tired and stressed out.......this is making me restless and sleepless as well.

EB3
PD: April 2003
RD I-485: 06/2004

I called the IO officer and he said it is in the staging area. I do not know when they are going to approve my case.

lab -02-2003
I-485 - 10-2003

I too have a raised a service request and received the reply after a couple of weeks saying my case in queue. Last week I called up my congressman and asked them find out the status. They asked me call them this thursday
luckily I received the approval last night. You may want to try that.

I have contacted congressman office yesterday and they said that INS inquiry process would take atleast a week, so they said they will give me feedback when they have update from them.

I am frustated as most of the guys here who are waiting for their approval.

I have applied labor in 2001 in Eb2 and after 2 and half years left the company as the labor was not yet approved .Applied the current labor in 2003 Feb in Eb3 and applied I-485 in Oct 2003 but no approval yet. has been in this country for 10 years. Unable to change the job or take any other offers due to this GC approval.

I know how yuo feel, when you are waiting waiting and others with later PD & RD gets approved. Since your case is assign to officer, it will be approved with in week. take my words. Don't take tension. just keep calling everyday. I know its not going to give you approval. but you will know whats going on with your case. when i called in morning IO asked me not to call before 120 days and after an hour I got approval. so its just matter of few days.

IOs won't tell that you will get approal in 7/10 days. 60 / 90 / 120 days is their fixed answer. I hope and pray that you get GC before you get any letter from uscis about your SR.

Best of luck.

July2003filer, Thanks. I am waiting patiently for the approval.

I have applied labor in 2001 in Eb2 and after 2 and half years left the company as the labor was not yet approved .Applied the current labor in 2003 Feb in Eb3 and applied I-485 in Oct 2003 but no approval yet. has been in this country for 10 years. Unable to change the job or take any other offers due to this GC approval.

It is indeed frustating and waiting for the approval. My situation is same
as yours. I have been in country for almost 10 yrs.

How did u get IO. whenever I call I get customer service rep who always says it is pending

Don't let this pending 485 ruin your life .....
AC-21 was created specifically so that you could change jobs as required - go ahead use that and change your job - don't wait on this.

Talked to Nice IO and clarified my questions

Today evening was able to talk to Nice IO at NSC.She was very patient and answered all my questions.She is saying my case is waiting for officer review.Even though my PD(2001) is old ,have to wait until they completes 2004 and 2005 cases.My RD is May 2006 RDS.First they are looking at RD then they are looking at PD.I don't know when it will get approved

Further Review

I had an infopass appointment two weeks ago and IO said, she will find out the status with NSC and inform me. Today I got a letter from her on official stationary of USCIS that NSC service center indicated that my application needs further review and if I don't get approval in 180 days, I need to call customer service.

Yesterday when I called NSC directly, IO said that my case is in staging area waiting to be assigned to an officer.

So, don't know what to conclude from all this.

All Crap :(

Today evening was able to talk to Nice IO at NSC.She was very patient and answered all my questions.She is saying my case is waiting for officer review.Even though my PD(2001) is old ,have to wait until they completes 2004 and 2005 cases.My RD is May 2006 RDS.First they are looking at RD then they are looking at PD.I don't know when it will get approved

if they are looking at RD then really it sucks..........what's the use of PD...

Gurus,
There was a news that visa numbers could exhaused in July.
My question is if a case is assigned to officer for review, does that mean that visa number is being assigned?

yes. from all talk i did with NSC IOs, all cases in queue were assign visa numbers. and if its with IO for reviwe then i m sure your case was assign visa#. I may be wrong. Best of luck.

did you call NSC today to find out status?

yes. from all talk i did with NSC IOs, all cases in queue were assign visa numbers. and if its with IO for reviwe then i m sure your case was assign visa#. I may be wrong. Best of luck.

did you call NSC today to find out status?

I didn't call NSC today. I thought there is no point in calling them because they are giving the same status since last week.

Call them . There is nothing wrong in calling. like alwaysin_queue mentioned, be polite and get the status of your case. diff IOs will give diff answers. I called almost everyday once or more than once. i used to get diff replies , sec check is pending, its in que, its in area where officer needs to review.

Also ask about visa numbers, i am pretty sure they will say its available and its assign to your case.

Call them . There is nothing wrong in calling. like alwaysin_queue mentioned, be polite and get the status of your case. diff IOs will give diff answers. I called almost everyday once or more than once. i used to get diff replies , sec check is pending, its in que, its in area where officer needs to review.

Also ask about visa numbers, i am pretty sure they will say its available and its assign to your case.

Ok Thanks. I will call them today. I will also call the congressman's office. Will do whatever it takes man. Lets try my luck.