talk to IIo and got to know interview date

wella

What does your online status say regarding the transfer?? The following is the message that I see on the online status.

On May 5, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in HOUSTON, TX for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in HOUSTON, TX will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the NCSC at (800) 375-5283

Does your the status on case show the same or something different?? Does it mean that I need to attend an interview??

Thanks.

neha123,

My on line status says the following:

On December 29, 2001, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in HOUSTON, TX for processing. Our office in HOUSTON, TX will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 .To receive information about local office processing times.

It is a little different than yours. But I really don't know what the difference mean. My guess is that all transfer cases will be scheduled for interview. Again I could be wrong.

neha123 and wimbledon

For the meeting; something has come up and I will not be able to make it this Saturday. My apologies!

Regards,
Wella

I have no idea why it was transfered. Neither does my lawyer. He said sometime they randomly transfer cases for quality control purposes. I don't really know.

May be its True

I called the (800) NSC number and was told that computer picks the cases randomly and does a transfer. I dunno how far its true. Probably my case would have been transferred since I changed my address.

To Wella

Hello Wella,

Can you please tell me what would be the best time to visit the Houston Local Office for an enquiry. What time do I need to be there to get an early appointment??

Thanks.

Hi neha123,

I usually get there at 2:00 am. The line would be short at this time. You will find about 10 - 15 people. By 4:00 am it will be late for you to get an inquiry form. It is best to take something to eat, and read otherwise it will be extremly boring.

They open the door at 6:00 am and start letting people in. The office officially opens at 7:00 am. They will let the people with appointment letters in first.

Once inside, follow the yellow line and stand in line with other people (people will be ther for all sorts of things, just stay in the line). An officer will go around the line and ask each one for the purpose of the visit so that he can hand in the required forms or numbers (ticket).

Have the a copy of the I-485 with you, and show it to him and tell him you want to inquire about the status of your case. He will hand you an iquiry request form for you to fill in. Make sure you have a pen and the A# of your case. Once he gives the iquiry form, he will tell you to go to Waiting Room B, which is at the back of the main hall (where you are standing in line). This waiting room B usually open a little after 7:00, so you may wait for a little while before they open.

IMPRTANT NOTE. They only hand out about +/- 20 inquiry forms each day. So, if you are a little late you may not get an inquiry form, or you may get one told they will respond by mail (which they never do).

So my advice is to be there at 2:00. It is a little painful, but it is better than wasting the day and not getting the iquiry made. Also, they close on Fridays at 11:00.

One more thing, park in the INS visitor parking lot. Do not park in front of the INS building you may get a ticket.

Hope your visit will be more fruitful than mine. Good luck and keep me posted. If I think of something else, I'll let you know.

Wella

Any news bout your interview??

Did you hear anything bout your interview?? Does the enquiry someway help the case??

Thanks.

I haven't heard anything about my interview. The only answer I get when I go there "please wait for another three months, and you will hear from us." And nothing happens. The are usually nice and tell you "we understand your frustration, but we have so many cases to handle, and your case will be handeled shortly."

So, three months go by, and another three months, and I am still waiting!!

Wella

You said your case was transferred from TSC right. Was it transferred immediately after you filed your 485??

It was transfered from TSC a year after my filling.

Man, I have been in the I-485 stage for almost three years!!!!

share this with you guys

I visited Houston office yesterday to check my case status. The IIO told me my case has been reviewed after the interview and will be approved once my FBI clearance comes. let start to wait............

To NICE'N PATIENT

Hey.. What time did you visit the Houston Office?? I want to go visit the office. Do I need to go there real early?? Please let me know.

Thanks.

neha123

I may say the same thing as wella's post. be there before 2:00am. They only issue 25 numbers for inquiry on case status. Be sure have I485 receit and transfer notice with you. if your case has not been pending for very long time, they may not issue you a number.

NICE'N PATIENT

What do you mean by Pending for a long time?? Do you mean pending at the local office or at the Service Center?

later.

Last edited by a moderator:
neha123

the first time I visited houston office, the guy who issues number asked me how long my I485 had been pending, I told him about 2 and half years, then he gave me the number. last time he even asked to see the I485 RN and the Transfer notice before gave me the number. so I guess"how long" does matter.

Nop !!

But guess what, we are not the only ones!!!

wimbledon, thanks for reviving this thread. I thought it was dead.

Hey neha123, have you been to the Houston Office already?