talk to IIo and got to know interview date

Houston Guys

I'm in Harris county too.

I like wimbledon's idea. Let's meet over coffee and discuss. I live at Eldridge and Briar Forest. Can meet any time after work.

Wella

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good.

Sounds good dude. I live on 290 and Jones road. Lets see if we can meet sometime after work.

later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude,

Dinner is OK too. If you prefer something fast so that we can talk, that is fine too. I am very flexible. I am usually home by 6:30 pm, so anything after that is OK.

NICE'N PATIENT

Hello.. How did you get to know the interview date?? You said the case has been transferred to the local office. Did you come to know during a personal visit to the houston office??

Out Of Town

Will be out of Town this friday. Anytime on Saturday should be Ok. Probably will meet at Starbucks or something.

later.

Sounds good. Starbucks is fine. I stay near Medical Ctr . Please let me know about the location and also before we meet lets try to atleast get a rough sketch of any letter draft we would be presenting, & to (?) (Congressman, Senator...whoever we have to decide).

neha123

they sent me letter scheduled the interview date. i had no personal visit to Houston office for an interview date. The fact is: TSC sent me a transfer notice in Aug. 2002, then in Nov., Houston office sent me FP notice. Five months later, in April 2003, Houston sent me the interview notice.
I am not able to attend the meeting, hope you guys have a wonderful meeting.

To wimbledon

I dunno if I could sign any petition or anything of that sort as my case was sitting in the Houston office just for a month. I still need to talk to my attorney regarding this though. Looking forward to meet you guys on Saturday.

later.

eVEN MY CASE HAS BEEN SITTING IN HOUSTON FOR A MONTH. WHAT WE WOULD BE ASKING ANYONE IS JUST A REQUEST TO EXPEDITE TRANSFER CASES AS WE ALREADY HAVE PAID OUR DUES BY WAITING SOMEWHERE ELSE VIZ: VSC, NSC ETC.

wimbledon

What are your transfer details?? Where was it transferred from and what date was it transferred to Houston office?? Any idea where we will be meeting??

later.

Well, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I wish it did, but apparently it doesn't. According to the latest Report Card issued by AILA, Houston is taking about 790 days to process I-485 Applications. Please refer to:

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,2921

With this 790 days, it means that they are currently processing cases filed in March - April 2001. This is in line with what I have been told by an IIO in the Houston Office when I last visited them. If our cases have been filed before that date, then we may have a chance to push them a little (still with no gaurantee).

My lawyer says, that the congress person will not be able to do anything other than to inquire about the status of the case. And in reality, it may delay the case even further. I don't know if he is bluffing, or this is really true.

I am not sure what to do at this stage. What is more frustraing is that I don't know why (in hell) my case was transfered in the first place. I thought the case was crystal clear, but apparently it is just my bad luck!

Later

Wella

Wella,
You said they are currently processing April 2001 cases. Is this processing date for cases transferred to Houston office in April 2001 or the 485 Receipt Date of 04/2001. My RD is Nov 19 2001 at VSC and got transferred to Houston 5/5/03. So do they schedule an interview once the processing dateof TSC moves to 11/2001. Please advice.

later.

neha123

I have checked with several lawyers, and with the NCSC; they all said that the transfer date does not count. The RD is the primary driver.

The office who has the file (in our case Houston) will (theoritically speaking) process it with other cases filed at that office on the the same RD. (But we all know that cases are some how processed randomly.)

Thus, if Houston is processing March - April 2001, that is refering to the cases with RD of March - April 2001. NOT refering to a transfer date of March - April 2001. AND NOT refering to processing date of March - April 2001 at any other Service Center.

Acctually this is a little beter for us, otherwise we would have lost the time we waited at the original service center before the transfer.

Hope this helps.

My case is transferred from VSC

RD: 14-nov-2001
TD: 01-may-2003

wella, Is it not that Transfer cases are treated seperately or is it that the district office does not care from where the case originated.

I have read some cases transferred to San Antonio office were cleared in 3 months.

I even toyed witht the idea of changing my address but it seems it would be of little use as Houston has to move my file to the new district office and Houston would do that whenever they pickup the file.

How did Nice-n-patient get an interview call in 8 months?

Beats me! I guess NICE'N PATIENT is not only nice and patient, but also lucky ;)

My understanding (and as always I could be wrong), is that the transfer cases are not treated differently. They are simply put in the que with the other cases. I hope one of moderators or people with more experience can verify or elaborate on this.

I have read the same thread of San Antonio, may be they are moving faster than Houston.

go figure