Taiwan RTD

speedio

Registered Users (C)
Taiwan won't allow RTD. Why is that? Anyone has any idea? I called the embassy in San Francisco. They won't allow RTD. Has anyone been to Taiwan successfully using his/her RTD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Taiwan does not have an embassy or consulate in the United States!!!!! If you repeated this phrase to the crazy Red Chinese, they would kill you. :) :)

I was in Taiwan two years ago and their Economic and Cultural Representative Office issued me a visa on the RTD.

of cousrse we dont kill people who has mis-represented their words any more, we will cut your toung and probablly torture you, give you a brain wash until you realize that TaiWan is part of red crazy China. This is much more fun than simply killing

Regardless of what the Red Chinese think, Taiwan is a de facto independent country.

Dull ball

According to the San Francisco Consulate, they do no issue any Visa for Reentry Permit or RTD. Unless it's a business or you have relatives or family sufficient reasons to apply for a telegraph which take 1 or 2 months to send back to Taiwan for approval. WTF??!!!

USA2002. how did you go to Taiwan without your RTD? You need a permit to enter Taiwan, am I rite?

speedio said:
USA2002. how did you go to Taiwan without your RTD? You need a permit to enter Taiwan, am I rite?

Read my previous post again. I said (pretty clearly I think) I used my US issued RTD to enter Taiwan.

Again, Taiwan does not have a consulate in SF.

kiev said:
Regardless of what the Red Chinese think, Taiwan is a de facto independent country.

ha i guess u r among one of those ignorant ppl who believe in that stupid selfish governor/animal

kelvin2088 said:
ha i guess u r among one of those ignorant ppl who believe in that stupid selfish governor/animal

let me get this straight. your family are supposed asylees from China and you parrot red china's party line?

Get real!!!! Taiwan is a seperate country. It is a democratic and rich country. They will not "reunite" with a poor dictatorship like red China that generate so many refugees to so many parts of the world.

frombasra said:
let me get this straight. your family are supposed asylees from China and you parrot red china's party line?

Get real!!!! Taiwan is a seperate country. It is a democratic and rich country. They will not "reunite" with a poor dictatorship like red China that generate so many refugees to so many parts of the world.

I agree with you. It is just so sad that people from China (particularly the younger generation) are so brainwashed on the Taiwan question. The fact is that Taiwan is already independent and the people in Taiwan do not give a damn about "returning" to the mainland. They see Hu Jintao as little better than a common criminal. Those mainlanders who are so passionate about Taiwan are best advised to work for political changes on the mainland. Until the mainland is democratic (and the Communists removed) no unification.

And also, our country (the USA) is morally obligated to defend Taiwan against a Chinese attack. This position has been consistently adhered to by presidents of both parties.

Just to amplify, we have made it very clear to the Chinese at the highest levels that if push came to shovel we would honor our long-standing committments to the people of Taiwan. We did a lot to nurture the Taiwan's economic development and democratic transformation. We would not allow a dictatorship to undo these achievements.

These are not just Bush bravado. Even the dovish members (who now teach in my university) of the clinton administration concur.

The Beijing government should reform itself rather than fanning nationalist sentiments on the Taiwan issue and the Japanese issue (get real; Mao killled probably ten times more Chinese people than the Japapnese did; an accounting of history must begin with the mass murderer Mao himself and his political heirs).