Switched Jobs befoe I-140 approved

ginnu said:
congratulation!!!!
please provide the info:

1 your lacal USCIS office where you went for interview - - Newark
2 interview date( you got the passport stamped the same day) - - 3 Dec
3 after interview or passport stamping at local USCIS when did you got any notice or update. -Nothing for me, 10 Dec for wife
4 card ordred or not( check your online status) - Case status unchanged( Case xfered to Newark )
5 your wife approval notice came from local USCIS office or from service center -Newark office
Thanks ginnu.

kriskish said:
Hi Guys,
What happens if the company lays off somebody after two months applying 140 and 485 At what time I can use AC21.
------ if the company does NOT withdraw the I-140 and I-140 gets approved AND I-485 is pending more than 180 days and new employer is ready to give you future permanent job offer letter in same/similar job duties as on approved LC then you can use AC21
Thanks
KK

Hi Ginnu,
Thanks for the reply. My last date with the company is Jan 31st in US. If my company does not revoke my 140 and if I am working on H-1 with other company from 1st Feb, and after 8 or 9 months If 140 gets approved then can I use the AC21? There is no chance that can re hire me in US? Do u think we may get queries at 485 stage? Please let me know.
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
Hi Ginnu,
Thanks for the reply. My last date with the company is Jan 31st in US. If my company does not revoke my 140 and if I am working on H-1 with other company from 1st Feb, and after 8 or 9 months If 140 gets approved then can I use the AC21?
-----yes

There is no chance that can re hire me in US?
------ when you use new compant letter of future job offer letter to use AC21 then you need to work with them after GC

Do u think we may get queries at 485 stage?
----may be may be not, if any RFE it will go to the lawyer who filed I-485, you can change lawyer any time fill up G28 and let the new lawyer update the service center that he represent you for I-485
Please let me know.
Thanks
KK

similar case

We are in a similar situation. Wife's company had applied for I140. She got laid off in Oct. We received online notificaiton of approval of I 140 in Dec 2004.

Did not concurrently apply for I 485. Can I apply now? Is it fraud to apply for I 485 now?