Suggestions Welcome for Improving Conference Calls

problem in May 24 Recording

Hi Monica,

I am trying to open the zip folder for the confrence call 24th may,
But every time I am getting the error message.
I thought there might be some mistake from my side but when i open it for the other day's recording it works fine.

Is that a problem from the site?
plz let us know
thanks

Problem with the Recording

Hi Monica,
There looks to be a problem with the 'May 24th labor substitutions' zip file recording.

I was able to download it, but am getting an error when i try to play it back. Same problem when i hit the 'Save' option on the window.

I was able to successfully play the April 24th recording.

Please look into it and advise.

Thank you

Problem with the 24th May recording

Hi Monica,
There looks to be a problem with the 'May 24th labor substitutions' zip file recording.

I was able to download it, but am getting an error when i try to play it back. Same problem when i hit the 'Save' option on the window.

I was able to successfully play the April 24th recording.

Please look into it and advise.

Thank you

24th Conference call - Invalid Archive error

Hi,

After i downloaded the 24th May conference call when i try to extract i am getting Invalid Archive error. Please help.

Thanks.

Is there a call this week ?

Is there going to be a conference call this week and if so what is the topic of discussion ?

Suggestions to Improve:

1. Get all the questions prior to the conference and address the common questions together before answering the specific ones. I noticed more than 50% of the questions are repeatations and so it makes sense to club these together.
2. Post a FAQ before and after the conference call on the related topic so that people can read it before asking questions and also in the future. This will avoid repeated answering during the calls.

thread for jun 7th call

Hi,

When ill the thread for june 7th call be open. it is less than a week from the call.. thx.

Is there going to be a conference call this week and if so what is the topic of discussion ?

Suggestions to Improve:

1. Get all the questions prior to the conference and address the common questions together before answering the specific ones. I noticed more than 50% of the questions are repeatations and so it makes sense to club these together.
2. Post a FAQ before and after the conference call on the related topic so that people can read it before asking questions and also in the future. This will avoid repeated answering during the calls.

Hmm. Good suggestions. Here is my take on it. Writing out a FAQ is a fairly time consuming process. Talking is not. I also like to speak with people because many times little nuances can make a big difference. Case in point: yesterday I did a consulation for somone whose only issue was applicability of INA 245(K). Casually, they mentioned a "small" issue towards the end of the conversation. This issue, in my mind can be fatal to their case. Steps had to be and are now being taken. So, it helps to talk.

What do you guys think of videotaping the conference? I have been toying with that idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 17 recording

There was a problem with the May 17 recording initial upload. It has been fixed and uploaded again last week.

How can I post in this forum?

There was a problem with the May 17 recording initial upload. It has been fixed and uploaded again last week.

I have this question to post........

My I-140 was applied on 6 feb 2007 and is yet to be approved, can I file I-485 as it is current now or I have wait till I-140 is approved?

Please reply,

Thanks in advance,
Sunil.

Questions???

Monica,
I am unable to locate where to post my question for the conference call. Can you please point me to the right link where I can post my question for next conference call which will be held on June 21.

Thanks.

accompanying applicant for greencard subject to the portability rule?

I filed I485, I140 and EAD via my husband's sponsor. Both my husband and me are in the 7th year of our H1B, for different companies. Am I subject to the 180 days portability rule if I want to change job? Can I change job before the EAD is approved? thanks

I-485 question

My old labor was filed in July 2003. I also filed PERM labor in April 2006. My old labor was denied in Feb 2007 because of system error. The status still shows as 'DENIED' but BEC accepts that its a mistake on their part and they will fix it. I filed I-140 in April,2007 using PERM labor. I am planning to file I-485 in July using this pending I-140.

Question: 1) If my old labor gets reopened again, what are my options? Can I port my old priority date to my I-485? I am in my 7-year extension and have already filed for a 1-year extension. I intend to remain on H-1 status for now.