Suggestions!!!!!!! Lost Passport

cat&mouse

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

Need help.... I lost my passport yesterday(old & new both) still to stamp GC. (Lost 1 paystub also which contains SS#). What should I do????? Already informed Indian Consulate. They suggested to wait for a week.

I'm in deeeeeeeeeep trouble....

any suggestions.....:confused: :mad:

You already did needful. You informed indian consulate. File a report for lost passport and apply to get a replacement. Nothing more you can do

file report?

tried to file report by calling non-emergency number but they said, we don't file report for lost passport. If you are from another country just let your consulate know.

I would suggest this next since you have done the needful.

Advertize in local newspaper with an award. (say $200).
If nobody comes forward then meanwhile you will get the new one. But I personally feel that there is nothing else you can do now.
Wishing best

First of all

Go to local police station and file a complain abt your lost PP and that is sufficent proof to get ur replacement PP, otherwise it will be difficult to get duplicate PP.

Once you file complain to local police, they will advise u what has to to be done so dont panic, you will get ur PP eventually. I hope you have a copy of you PP, that will expedite ur PP process, otherwise its not a bid deal. All the best.

Cat&Mouse,

Don't panic. I would feel the same. Everybody has given you wonderfull suggestions!

You must have made copies of your passport as we have made those tons of times for H-1Visa and GC.

Use them if needed, or to show when you go for stamping.

Who knows you'll find your passport maybe it's under your bed or something, behind you computer table, check under your car seat, if you have kids, check in their toys!!!
I am sure you must have checked already but it's worth another try.

GOOD LUCK!

I-94

Thanx for your valuable suggestions... Another problem is, I-94(expired) was also attached with the passport. Is this going to be a problem when I go for GC stamping on New passport.

You can check with you lawyer if you gave lawyer the copy of I-94.
You can check with your HR if you gave them the copy of I-94.

It is one of the requirements for stamping, that's what i have been told. I may be wrong.

i am sure things will work out of you. Just have "FAITH IN GOD".

Notify the major credit reporting bureaus of the possibility that someone *MIGHT* try to use your SSN.

Post consumer statement

Every credit bureau , TU , TRW and CBI have a place on the credit report which is called Consumer Statement. Call them and update the consumer statement stating that every line of credit opened on this SSN (i.e ) ur SSN has to call your cell number. . Only after written authorization can the line of credit be opened. Attach copy of cps Report and Send it to all 3 bureau. Check Out each individual bureau web site for identify theft.

Hope every thing works out. Do not worry. Get cops report

we lost ours when we sent for Visa revalidation

Hi
we too lost our passports(missed in postal). After issuesuin g visa state dept people sent in post. when i opened the envelop i found only supporting docs and no passports. state dept claims they sent along with those papers but it is not there and seal of that env is in good shape.

so we reported to indian consulate. they asked us a police report. we reported tp postal police . they issued a letter saying that we reported about lost passports. then with that letter we applied for new passports.

we got temp passport for a year which was renewed after that for 10 yaers.

recently our case got approved and we had stamping on it.

Good news for me

Guys,

Got a call from consulate that someone retured my passports along with other documents. He tried to return yesterday but security people didn't let him go to counsulate but today somehow he managed to reach there.

There are good people out there.

chicago

Chicago Downtown....

took a cab from consulate building as it was raining, got down at train station(1 mile), went inside, took ticket and realized, I lost my folder. :mad:

Re: Good news for me

Originally posted by cat&mouse
Guys,

Got a call from consulate that someone retured my passports along with other documents. He tried to return yesterday but security people didn't let him go to counsulate but today somehow he managed to reach there.

There are good people out there.

Congrats once again :) . On this happy occasion, will you please contribute a bit for www.immigrationportal.org ?

Hi all and/or prasadgc

I am planning to send for revalidation and wanted to find out if it gets lost during revalidation , how can we track it.

When you apply for new PP in Indian consulate(NY) after we lose our PP, do we get a duplicate PP or do we get new original PP.

Is it written on the PP that it is a duplicate PP or its just valid for short period of time and looks like original PP.

I am asking this is because I got my single entry canada PR stamp in PP and now planning to send my H1 reval to St Louis.
So for me to get a new stamp again for my canada PR I will need original PP as they will not issue me on Duplicate PP

So if it gets lost then I will lose my canada PR stamp along with H1 stamp. And looking at the all the cases I am now intimidated to send it to St Louis for stamping.

don,t worry

It may not happen to every one.

when i lost my passport they issued a new passport(there is nothing like a temp passport looks like passport) whic is valid for 1 year. After that that was renewed.

Hi again

Ok this is what I heard from Indian consulate from NY. They told me that if we lose PP then they issue a duplicate PP and not an original PP. And I asked them again specifically if its original new PP or duplicate PP and they confirmed that as we lose original PP we only get duplicate PP again which will be valid for short period of time.

Is there any specific person we have to meet in the consulate to get a original PP in lieu of lost PP instead if applying at the counter in NY consulate.