Suggestion to all

Thanks all. Yea, but might I point out, what we can do is write, but if AILA doesn't respond, we need to keep this up. Essentially, if any one of the following clicks AILA, ISN, Media, Higher than senators, then we're in shape. Just be persistent and keep it up.

My guess is AILA will respond in some format or manner.

Just sent out mine! Let me know if I can be of any other help.

But think about it, a govrnment that has not cared anything for its airline industry since last year, why would it care about clearing immigration backlogs?? I think for any action to take place there has to be a considerable motivation. Its not as if I am saying we shouldnt do this, but I thought a 'about to go bankrupt' airline seems to have a higher reason for concern. Somehow the government has not even heeded to their request.

So the underlying problem is making the INS/government feel the need and inducing some amount of motivation in it.

Well just a bunch of skeptical thoughts.. dont mean to sound discouraging.

- Rajesh

Rajesh,
In the case of the airline industry, its supposed to have become profitable just as any other private company would be expected to. If you take UA for example, it was their mismanagement to a large extent which landed them in the current situation. Even though they would like to blame it on 9/11 its mostly their bad customer/management policies which caused their downfall.

Hence i would say it is not a good reference point for us and our case is different. So we should continue to fight it out and not get discouraged.

spread the word

it might be useful to spread the word through ethnic newspapers/magazines too. These people target immigrants and will surely give high priority to such news. From here the news could carry over to mainstream media too and will surely build some public opinion.

I am not asking that we do not contact the mainstream media.

good idea

sent my mail to AILA too...good idea...I wonder what else we can do to bring this up...Another area I think of is the GC process for spouses of existing GC holders...they dont even have a visa for them...wonder if we could do anything abt it...

Some one reported a news with SJ mercury news. Is it a good idea to send tons of mails to that reporter who might wirte a follow up story. Any thoughts???

IndiaPost Contact Information

Post Media Group
5369 Randall Place
Fremont, CA 94538
Tel: 510 249 4878
Fax: 510 249 0548

www.indiapost.com

you can also send emails from their website to the editorial department and to their immigration group.

i just did. I am sure their might be other such magazines and newspapers others might know about. let us keep up the momentum.

Sillyman you really hit a good idea.