Successfull CP/POE from mubai on 24th june/9july

Originally posted by kd1403
puhrince:

Based on the posting, I guess we are both right coz you are stating the "theorem" and I am stating the "corollary".

Hmm! So whipped out your 7th Standard Geometry Text book , eh!?:D

I-130 DCF in Mumbai

Hi guys,

Anyone have any experiences with Family based immigration visas and the interview at the Mumbai consulate? I've filed the I-130 for my wife at the Delhi embassy in Jan. She has her interview scheduled at the Mumbai consulate on Friday, 23rd.
Her visa category is CR-1. Hopefully all goes well, but any last minute advice from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

morpheus:

The only advice i can give you for your wife is:
1. Carry all required papers in transparent unzippered folder.

2. Be ready to asnwer questions uch as : where does your husband work, what does he do, when did he go there, when did you get married.

3. Most important is to be calm and make friends with other attending interviews to kill the time between document collection and actual interview. Coz that time gap can get pretty boring if a single person is going for the interview.

KD,

Thanks a lot. The wifey goes there alone on Friday. She should be alright. Prepped her with all the standard questions and some curveballs as well.
I'll post the whole experience once its all over.

Oh, KD would you happen to know if its necessary to show proof of assets like bank statements, etc, even if you are using only your income to meet the 125% poverty guidelines for the I-864?

Thanks again.

morpheus:

AS long as she has the i-864 stating your salary/ income she should be fine. I am assuming she has the tax transcripts. If she carries your paystubs and bank statement that would be great...recommended!

Thaks KD. I was just checking. I've sent her the I-864 with the tax returns, W2's, paystubs and letter of employment. She's also got other miscellaneous docs with her. Will keep all you guys posted on the outcome tomorow.

Thanks again KD.

morpheus:

I am sure everything will be fine...i am guessing she should be done with the interview as i write this posting. Awaiting a smiling MRS. morpheus soon :)

Whew!!!

Well KD, you were right on. The Mrs. got her Visa. She said the interview was a breeze. They didn't give her a hard time and it was all smooth sailing. She was asked a couple of standard questions and that was it. :)

If anyone needs any info on the CP (DCF process)processing for Citizen spouses please let me know. I'll be more than willing to help.

This forum has been of great help to me during my early research days and continues to be a great source of information.

Thanks one and all...

Cheers

morpheus:

Congrats to you and to your wife! SO am I smelling a last married bachelor's weekend party sometime soon? Enjoy life! REmind her to stand in the citizens/ GC holder line when she enters usa. She need not stand in the long visitors line!

Thanks guys!!!

KD - The last bachelors party is definately ON. Gotta get a few more last gulps of freedom.... :)

Alren - Didn't get that from the Matrix, but what the heck.... it'll do :)

morpheus:

keep us posted..not about your bachelor's party :D but about your spouse's poe going smooth when it does!:)

Originally posted by morpheus0812

Alren - Didn't get that from the Matrix, but what the heck.... it'll do :)

Hee! Hee! I was just taking a pot shot ... (while I could) ... :p :D

Successful POE

KD, Alren,

The wife got here on the 8th of the month. The officer at the port of entry was pretty cool. Didn't ask her any harrowing questions. It was smooth sailing all the way. Also, her SS card arrived in the mail a week after she landed. We didnt have to go to a SS office and apply for it. I guess they changed the rules on that. Oh well, saved me a trip...

take care guys.

Morph

morpheus:

Enjoy your first long weekend as a married couple with GC approval! Three cheers to morpheus and his fly!

Fyi...

I m following this link since last months for some tips on CP Interview. Its really great to see some good advice and some unique scenario's. Anyway, I just want to let u guys know that I got my interview date in June which I have postponed for Aug. I have recd my case number on Feb 6th 2004 for ACP.

morpheus0812 said:
KD, Alren,

The wife got here on the 8th of the month. The officer at the port of entry was pretty cool. Didn't ask her any harrowing questions. It was smooth sailing all the way. Also, her SS card arrived in the mail a week after she landed. We didnt have to go to a SS office and apply for it. I guess they changed the rules on that. Oh well, saved me a trip...

take care guys.

Morph
Great news. Congrats and Good Luck. Good that you did not have to do the SSA trip.

$260 fees

Hi:

Could you please tell me what this $260 fees is? I am hoping to have my interview in the next few months

Thanks,
Dilbert

Hi Dilbert,
I think you are talking about the visa fees.

This is the information on the mumbai consulate site.

"IV ISSUANCE FEE (Demand Draft) (For applicants who have paid
the current $260/- IV application fee via the NVC)"

thanks