Successful N400 Interview with DUI - Newark DO - Thank you Forum

Bandham1

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Yesterday I had a successful interview and took oath also. Now I am a proud American Citizen.

My case is based on 5 year residency, I was really worried as I had a DUI in 2008. my BAC was 0.09, my license was suspended for 3 months and I did 12 hours of IDRC. My interview appointment was at 10:00 AM for 4 hours i was not called i became very nervous as people who came long after me have their interviews done and were going for oath cerememonies. Finally I went and asked about the status, they were very nice, found my file and the IO called me for interview finally. The IO was very nice and I should say she is an angel, she asked very basic questions, I had all the documentation for DUI (arrest record, court disposition etc). She went through all the papers and checked in between about the DUI with her supervisor, he informed her that it is fine as it is not an aggravated DUI. She approved the case and asked me to get something to eat as I did not eat anything from mornning. I took my oath at 4:15 PM and fianlly became citizen. My journey is fianlly over. I am not going to give any advice on this but if anybody is in the same boat like me please make sure you have all the documentation ready.

I would like to thank this forum and the good people who not only provide valuable advice but also encouragement which is so important. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get a DUI court disposition from CT per the N14 letter following my N400 interview. Can you please post what exactly that document should contain ? Do I need to get anything from the police station as well ? If so what is that document ? Any advice would be much appreciated