Successful interview today 10/15/2007 @ SF

svj

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guyes,
I had successful interview today at SF office. Went their around 8:30 am, kept cell phone in car. I parked on clay st (valet parking, cost me $12). Went to reception on 2nd floor. IO came out asking for me (5 mins before scheduled time. I'll highly recommend going their at least 15 mins before your scheduled time). He led me into his office. Very nice and polite IO. Took oath and he asked to to take a seat. Started talking about general subjects as he went through my application. Asked to sign on a paper. There were some samples on his table. I've sticky's on my passport with dates written on them (for dates outside US). He thanked me for doing his job easier. He said not many ppl do this. I'm glad I did it. :) Then he asked me 6 questions -
What is voting age, Capital of CA, which year constitution written, color of stripes and 49th state added? He asked to write "She needs to buy more cloths". Asked to sign on photos. Asked me to check personal information on the paper that he printed. We chatted little bit then gave me passort application. Told me that expect oath letter in 2-3 weeks. Asked me if Nov-Dec months are ok for oath? Gave me printed paper saying that I passed civic exam and application has been recommended for approval. That's it. No more questions, no documents asked.

All he asked is Passport, GC and DL. I've updated information on page 3 of N-400 regarding employer. So I gave him that paper, he returned old page.

I was out in 15 mins.

Hopefully this will help. Please let me know if anybody has any questions. I'll be happy to provide information (If I have :))

Last edited by a moderator:
do you need to have a passport? my canadian passport has expired and i have not renewed it because i was planning on getting my US passport once i got my citizenship?

do you need to have a passport? my canadian passport has expired and i have not renewed it because i was planning on getting my US passport once i got my citizenship?

I guess, even it's expired, it's good idea to take passport with you. If you have traveled by road to Canada, then you might not have entries on your passport. I've entries in my passport for last 9 years, but IO was interested in last 5 yrs. Don't you have any entry on your passport for last 5 years? Even if that's case, I would say, take it with you.

Congratulations svj ! Thanks for sharing the experience..

prasnan

N-400 timeline - DO - Oakland

07/18/2007 : Mailed to CSC
07/19/2007 : Priority Date
07/24/2007 : Check cashed
08/17/2007 : Receipt & FP Appt notices (Received in mail)
09/08/2007 : FP done.
WAITING FOR IL..

I guess, even it's expired, it's good idea to take passport with you. If you have traveled by road to Canada, then you might not have entries on your passport. I've entries in my passport for last 9 years, but IO was interested in last 5 yrs. Don't you have any entry on your passport for last 5 years? Even if that's case, I would say, take it with you.

i have only ever in my lifetime been in canada or US. never been outside of north america.