• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful interview in london. How do u know ur poe?

ayoblack

Registered Users (C)
I really appreciate everybody on this forum. I finally got my VISA today via the courier service. I did my interview in LONDON on 3rd of february and I was told to go and get police certificate with the fingerprint done in the UK and 2008 1040 federal tax form from my sponsor and courier it back to them. I got the 2 documents they asked me to get and courier it back to them last week and I finally got my VISA today.

My questions are;

1. How do u know ur point of entry (POE) because there was nothing like that on the visa?
2. Can I also change my address at the point of entry because the address on the documents sent to me was the one I used when I was filling the form DS230 which is my friends address, and it is completely different to my sponsors address?

Also u guys shud still remember me in prayer bcos my wife still need to do her own interview in Nigeria although it has been stated in my own visa that i am married.

Once again thanx so much for all the contributions so far on this great forum.

CN; 2010AF0002*********
Reg for DV; Nov. 2008
1st NL; July 2009
Form Sent back to KCC; Aug. 2009
Got Married; Oct. 2009
Form DS230 for myself and wife; Oct 2009
2nd NL Received; Jan. 2010
Medical; Jan. 2010
Interviewed; Feb. 2010
Visa Delayed to get some other documents
Visa Received Feb. 2010

To God be all the Honour!

Congrats! You can choose your own POE...just pick a flight and wherever you enter the country will be your POE.

For most government issues papers, etc. it is within 10 days after you move that you have to give notice of your new address. On the GC it self it doesn't have an address but you probably need to get an US ID which mostly is a drivers license which is asked almost every where and nowadays very common to have to show with credit card payments in certain stores and when you return an item.

Not giving notice for example your DL if you move within 10 days is against the law and you can receive a ticket for not doing that.

Congrats! You can choose your own POE...just pick a flight and wherever you enter the country will be your POE.

For most government issues papers, etc. it is within 10 days after you move that you have to give notice of your new address. On the GC it self it doesn't have an address but you probably need to get an US ID which mostly is a drivers license which is asked almost every where and nowadays very common to have to show with credit card payments in certain stores and when you return an item.

Not giving notice for example your DL if you move within 10 days is against the law and you can receive a ticket for not doing that.

Thanks for ur reply. I've seen some comments on this forum where they said it can be change at the POE, i dont know if that is true?

Thanks for ur reply. I've seen some comments on this forum where they said it can be change at the POE, i dont know if that is true?

Yes you can change it at the POE, just let the officer who will handle your docs aware that you want to change the address where you will receive your SSN and GC.

SSN is something you have to apply for in person when you recieved your GC and you don't have to give notice of change of address is you don't have a SSN yet. It isn't something that will get mailed to you without having applied for in person with the proper documentation.

My friend had a SSN but needed something changed and after she got her passport stamped and received the welcome letter she sent copies of that + DL + SSN to SSN and got it all back since copies aren't allowed...Only certified copies or originals and she was advised to come in person since certified copies (notorized copies aren't allowed either) are hard to get and nobody in their right mind will send originals...

You need to give a change of address for the GC to arrive or pick it up at the original delivery address which might be less of a risk of things to be sent to the wrong place....

Hi friends,

does anybody knows where I can get "2008 1040 Federal tax form"? Actually, I've found such a form but it's for 2009 not 2008. Thanks

Hi friends,

does anybody knows where I can get "2008 1040 Federal tax form"? Actually, I've found such a form but it's for 2009 not 2008. Thanks

I dont understand ur own case but in my own case I was told to collect it from my sponsor (i.e the person that filled affidavit of support form I-134 for u) and immediately I told him about the form, he got the form and sent it to me.

SSN is something you have to apply for in person when you recieved your GC and you don't have to give notice of change of address is you don't have a SSN yet. It isn't something that will get mailed to you without having applied for in person with the proper documentation.

My friend had a SSN but needed something changed and after she got her passport stamped and received the welcome letter she sent copies of that + DL + SSN to SSN and got it all back since copies aren't allowed...Only certified copies or originals and she was advised to come in person since certified copies (notorized copies aren't allowed either) are hard to get and nobody in their right mind will send originals...

You need to give a change of address for the GC to arrive or pick it up at the original delivery address which might be less of a risk of things to be sent to the wrong place....

Thanks

I know My sponsor should fill it out but I wanted to get some information just in the case my sponsor asked me any questions about it i can answer. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply.

I know My sponsor should fill it out but I wanted to get some information just in the case my sponsor asked me any questions about it i can answer. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm sure ur sponsor knows the form. It is ur sponsor tax return form and i think the 2008 one is the latest one.