Successful interview at Boston

JSlade

Registered Users (C)
I finished my interview today, and my oath is on Aug 27th.

My appointment was at 12.30pm, I went there by 12, parked my car at Govt Center Garage and went inside JFK building. After passing through security, followed directions to room E-160, gave my letter at Window 1 and waited. I followed suggestion from luckymb, and sat right in front of window 1, because that's where they are calling the names, and it was hard to hear if you are sitting far. After 15 minutes, a lady officer called my name.

We went in to one of the small cubes at the back of the room, she asked me to show my GC. After that, she right away asked me 6 civic questions.

- When was the declaration of independence adopted?
- What is one of the longest river in America?
- We elect a President for how many years?
- Who is the speaker of the House of Representatives?
- Who lived in America before colonists came?
- What are the first 10 amendments called?

I got all 6 correct, she asked me to read 'Who was Abraham Lincoln', then asked me to write 'Abraham Lincoln was our president during civil war'. Once I wrote that she said, 'Congratulations, you have passed civic and language test, go to room E-170 for interview'.

So, I went out of E-160, once I am out side, E-170 is on my right hand side. I went in and again started waiting. There was a lady at the desk in the front of the room, and there was another desk at the back of the room with a board that said 'Photo signature desk'. I am not sure which lady is going to call my name, so I was very careful trying to see/listen what is going on at both these desks. Then I realized there is a door in the left hand side of the room, from where officers come out with a file and call name, and walk inside with that applicant. Once I saw that I was relaxed and started waiting. I think I waited for 30 minutes before my name was called.

The officer asked me raise my hand and asked whether I tell the truth, I said Yes. Then we both sat down, he asked for my GC and Passport. Name on my GC was different than N-400 name, so he asked to see marriage certificate, checked whether he has a copy of that in his file. Then, he went through my N-400, asking me my DOB, SSN, current address, where I work, what I do. Then when the travel section came, he asked what is the most recent trip I have made. Then asked whether I have taken any trips longer than 6 months, I said no. Then asked about taxes, whether I paid all taxes, owed any taxes, I said no. I offered that I have tax documents, but he didn't look at them. Then, he asked all other questions on N-400 last sections, any groups I belong to, any problems with police, any problems entering the country, whether I was ever stopped by police while driving, any tickets ( I had no traffic violations), whether I agree to oath... I said Yes and No accordingly. He asked me to sign in two places at the end of the document.

After that, he scanned my file (it has a bar code on it, he was scanning it with a grocery store kind of scanner) and looked at his computer screen. After couple of minutes, he printed N-652 with approved checked. He said, 'Congratulations, you are approved, wait out side for your oath letter'. I thanked him and asked if he can tell me when my oath is, he said 27th. Entire interview took no more than 15 minutes, it was an overwhelming feeling to know that this is it and I was approved.

I went to E-170 waiting area, I sat on the back of the room, where there is a desk that said 'Photo Signatures'. That lady has a low voice, it was hard to hear my name. After another 15 minutes, my name was called and I went to her desk. She ran eraser on the side of the pictures, and asked me to sign my full name. I did that, took my oath letter and walked out. Entire thing took around 1.5hrs, most of it was spent in waiting.

I went with lot of documentation, employment letter, pay stubs, apt lease, utility bills, tax documents, account transcripts, birth certificate, SSN card, SSN statement..... but only GC, Passport, Marriage Certificate (for name change) were asked. I just can not believe how easy it was. I am looking forward to my oath ceremony on Aug 27th.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions, this forum has been a great help for me, and good luck to all who are going through this process.

- JS.

I don't know at this office, the civic questions are conducted before the interview by an different IO

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the process is different compared to other Offices.

Congratulations!

Sounds like the Houston office where they ask the Civics first... I guess to cover the basics first... I wonder if anyone actually fails the Civics...

Anyway, best wishes for your Oath and enjoy your day!!

Congratulations! There goes another sucessful interview from a May filer to the Lewisville, TX lockbox thread....

:)

Congratulations JSLade.
Good Luck..

I finished my interview today, and my oath is on Aug 27th.

My appointment was at 12.30pm, I went there by 12, parked my car at Govt Center Garage and went inside JFK building. After passing through security, followed directions to room E-160, gave my letter at Window 1 and waited. I followed suggestion from luckymb, and sat right in front of window 1, because that's where they are calling the names, and it was hard to hear if you are sitting far. After 15 minutes, a lady officer called my name.

We went in to one of the small cubes at the back of the room, she asked me to show my GC. After that, she right away asked me 6 civic questions.

- When was the declaration of independence adopted?
- What is one of the longest river in America?
- We elect a President for how many years?
- Who is the speaker of the House of Representatives?
- Who lived in America before colonists came?
- What are the first 10 amendments called?

I got all 6 correct, she asked me to read 'Who was Abraham Lincoln', then asked me to write 'Abraham Lincoln was our president during civil war'. Once I wrote that she said, 'Congratulations, you have passed civic and language test, go to room E-170 for interview'.

So, I went out of E-160, once I am out side, E-170 is on my right hand side. I went in and again started waiting. There was a lady at the desk in the front of the room, and there was another desk at the back of the room with a board that said 'Photo signature desk'. I am not sure which lady is going to call my name, so I was very careful trying to see/listen what is going on at both these desks. Then I realized there is a door in the left hand side of the room, from where officers come out with a file and call name, and walk inside with that applicant. Once I saw that I was relaxed and started waiting. I think I waited for 30 minutes before my name was called.

The officer asked me raise my hand and asked whether I tell the truth, I said Yes. Then we both sat down, he asked for my GC and Passport. Name on my GC was different than N-400 name, so he asked to see marriage certificate, checked whether he has a copy of that in his file. Then, he went through my N-400, asking me my DOB, SSN, current address, where I work, what I do. Then when the travel section came, he asked what is the most recent trip I have made. Then asked whether I have taken any trips longer than 6 months, I said no. Then asked about taxes, whether I paid all taxes, owed any taxes, I said no. I offered that I have tax documents, but he didn't look at them. Then, he asked all other questions on N-400 last sections, any groups I belong to, any problems with police, any problems entering the country, whether I was ever stopped by police while driving, any tickets ( I had no traffic violations), whether I agree to oath... I said Yes and No accordingly. He asked me to sign in two places at the end of the document.

After that, he scanned my file (it has a bar code on it, he was scanning it with a grocery store kind of scanner) and looked at his computer screen. After couple of minutes, he printed N-652 with approved checked. He said, 'Congratulations, you are approved, wait out side for your oath letter'. I thanked him and asked if he can tell me when my oath is, he said 27th. Entire interview took no more than 15 minutes, it was an overwhelming feeling to know that this is it and I was approved.

I went to E-170 waiting area, I sat on the back of the room, where there is a desk that said 'Photo Signatures'. That lady has a low voice, it was hard to hear my name. After another 15 minutes, my name was called and I went to her desk. She ran eraser on the side of the pictures, and asked me to sign my full name. I did that, took my oath letter and walked out. Entire thing took around 1.5hrs, most of it was spent in waiting.

I went with lot of documentation, employment letter, pay stubs, apt lease, utility bills, tax documents, account transcripts, birth certificate, SSN card, SSN statement..... but only GC, Passport, Marriage Certificate (for name change) were asked. I just can not believe how easy it was. I am looking forward to my oath ceremony on Aug 27th.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions, this forum has been a great help for me, and good luck to all who are going through this process.

- JS.