• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful interview- 3 months AP- Happy ending :D.

Doni19

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, i hope everyone is doing well. Today after 3 months of stressful AP, i got my visa.

On 13 march 2014 had my interview in Tirana(Albania), to be honest i never thought the interview was going to be so simple.
I was first called to the first window to show my affidavit of supporter + medical documents.
Than i was told to pay the fee (330$) to the next window.
I waited about 30-40 mins and got called again for the fingerprints. And after 20 mins i was called to do the interview. Interview lasted about 3-4 mins max, simple questions.

-How old are you ?
-When did you finished the high school?
-Have you ever traveled outside Albania?
-Have you ever traveled in USA?

I though- God i got this, is so easy i got this.- She turned back and got some papers and asked me to sing , some seconds later she said,- You'll have to find another sponsor because this one dont have enough income to support you. - everything turned black on me because i thought that it was a visa denial.

In one week i managed to find someone else in usa to support me and i send the whole required documents to the embassy and exactly after a month of stressful waiting i received one e-mail from embassy to pick up some documents at DHL.

I thought - God that's it, i lost this, they're sending back the whole documents they're denying me.

When i opened the envelope i saw another refusal letter- saying that the new sponsor need to fix one question on i-134 form. Once again i managed to send the documents in a short period of time and in a sunny beautiful day i received a phone call from embassy asking me to send the passport. I cant describe the feelings at that moment. Today i received my passport+ my visa package( they told me not to open it) and.... thats pretty much all, im going to usa YOLO xD.

Thanks all for sharing your opinions and your knowledge, you're helping a lot of people in this forum.

Thanks britsimon you were the one who was the first responding my questions everytime , sm1smom, vladek, SusieQQQ, im sure there were some other people too but i cant really remember the names.

Thanks once again, and ill post some question next week, till then cya all and have a wonderful weekend.

Hello everyone, i hope everyone is doing well. Today after 3 months of stressful AP, i got my visa.

On 13 march 2014 had my interview in Tirana(Albania), to be honest i never thought the interview was going to be so simple.
I was first called to the first window to show my affidavit of supporter + medical documents.
I waited about 30-40 mins and got called again for the fingerprints. And after 20 mins i was called to do the interview. Interview lasted about 3-4 mins max, simple questions.

-How old are you ?

I though- God i got this, is so easy i got this.- She turned back and got some papers and asked me to sing , some seconds later she said,- You'll have to find another sponsor because this one dont have enough income to support you. - everything turned black on me because i thought that it was a visa denial.

In one week i managed to find someone else in usa to support me and i send the whole required documents to the embassy and exactly after a month of stressful waiting i received one e-mail from embassy to pick up some documents at DHL.

I thought - God that's it, i lost this, they're sending back the whole documents they're denying me.

When i opened the envelope i saw another refusal letter- saying that the new sponsor need to fix one question on i-134 form. Once again i managed to send the documents in a short period of time and in a sunny beautiful day i received a phone call from embassy asking me to send the passport. I cant describe the feelings at that moment. Today i received my passport+ my visa package( they told me not to open it) and.... thats pretty much all, im going to usa YOLO xD.

Thanks all for sharing your opinions and your knowledge, you're helping a lot of people in this forum.

Thanks britsimon you were the one who was the first responding my questions everytime , sm1smom, vladek, SusieQQQ, im sure there were some other people too but i cant really remember the names.

Thanks once again, and ill post some question next week, till then cya all and have a wonderful weekend.
Hi @Doni19 , I'm from Albania too and in August 28 I will have my interview. So can you please explain, what questions the sponsor need to fix in the i-134 form?
I need to know in order to avoid this issue because I cant have the privilege to have some months after end of August.
Thank you in advance

congratulation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-How old are you ?

Why did they ask you for affidative of support? Is it a requirement at the embassy u attended?? Or because u dont have enough financial?