successful CP MUMBAI AC140

prsadk,
i am not sure whether you visit this site anymore (since now u ahave GC).
But I was wondering if you can provide me a sample letter for the AC i-140 method. I am also planing for going the attorney certified way! I would liekt o know how you wrote the letter to the consualte and what hardship did u mention in the letter?
Thanks

LABOR APPROVED FROM CA-DOL

HI TO ALL,

MY LABOR GOT APPROVED FROM CA-DOL AFTER
TWO YEARS OF WAIT EB3 - RIR.

I AM PLANNING TO FILE I 140 WITH CP AS
OPTION (BOMBAY)

QUESTIONS:

1. TIME TO I 140 APPROVAL?
2. TIME FOR CP - INTERVIEW?
3. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CP?
4. I SAW PCC (POLICE CLEARANCE) IN SOME
OF THE POSTINGS , CAN I APPLY FOR
PCC AFTER A MONTH OR TWO ,AS IT WILL BE VALID FOR SIX MONTHS?

PLEASE REPLY,

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. TIME TO I 140 APPROVAL?
Answer: Depending on what category it will take about 1.5-3.5 months. 1.5 months for EB2 and 3.5 months for EB3.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. TIME FOR CP - INTERVIEW?
Answer: Equals {Time for I-140 approval (1.5 - 3.5 months)}+ {6 - 8 months from I-140 approval to cp interview} Total 7.5 to 11.5 months from the time you file your I-140 assuming all goes well and there are no RFE's.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CP?
Answer:
TO DO’s: Before leaving US
1. Cover letter / Appointment letter & OF-171
2. Collect NOTARIZED employment letter (2/3 copies would be good)
3. Collect last 3 years' Tax copies from IRS and W2 for 3 years
4. Get sailing permit from IRS (Just-in-case item)
5. Get PCC from Indian Consulate in US (if you are in US) (original and notarized copy)
6. Take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC)
7. If you have stayed only in India and US Email Mumbai Consulate as to whether you need a PCC from India. Almost always they would reply that you wouldn't need one and the one issued from Indian Consulate is enough. Take a PRINTOUT of that email.
8. Passport (valid)
9. Biographic Data Form (DS 230 part 1 and part 2 (unsigned))
10. Birth Certificate from all GC applicants. (Original and notarized copy)
11. Marriage certificate (original and notarized copy)
12. Wedding photos & Invitation card
13. Pay stubs (last three)
14. Copies of Degree certificates (original and notarized copy)
15. School Transcripts (original and notarized copy)
16. All previous F1 (student visa) papers
17. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers
18. Any other doc/paper related to INS/BCIS approvals
19. Company brochures, annual reports.
20. Company financial statements.
21. Bank statement followed by a photocopy
22. Affidavit of support I-134 followed by a photocopy
23. Wife's employment letter followed by a photocopy (if she is working)

TO DO’s: At Mumbai

PHOTO STUDIOS -- Mention Side posture, Immigration & passport style, 37 x 37 MM.
BLOOD TEST & XRAYS -- Mention that the test is for immigration
DOCTORS ADDRESS – Specifically tell the receptionist at the hospital that you would like to schedule an immigration medical check up and they know the rest. Lilavati (91-22-26455918), Hinduja (91-22-24452422 or 2444-7183), Breach Candy (91-22-23667979)

TO DO’s: AFTER interview

1. Remember to collect all your ORIGINALS. (Important)
2. Take all receipts if any paid (to get reimbursement if eligible

4. I SAW PCC (POLICE CLEARANCE) IN SOME OF THE POSTINGS , CAN I APPLY FOR PCC AFTER A MONTH OR TWO ,AS IT WILL BE VALID FOR SIX MONTHS?
Answer: Apply for a PCC only after your I-140 is approved. In fact apply the week you I-140 gets approved.

Hope all questions are answered.

Congrats Prasadk ..got some question

Is AC140 different from i-140 ?... In my case, my i-140 was approved for AOS, but I had to return to india for some work. Since then they "ammended" my i-140 for CP. Does this "ammended" i-140 approval mean AC140 ??

Please clarify

Thx

AC I-140 is Attorney Certified I-140. Amended I-140 is an I-140 where some change was made and is not to be confused with AC I-140 process. In simple words, AC I-140 is a faster type of consular process. Not everyone is eligible and not every consulate accepts AC I-140. If you research on AC I-140 you will find a lot of information.

Details about AC I-140 can be found here:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

To KDivekar and others

Hi Divekar,
my 140 was applied on 6th august..haven't received any receipt yet. Do you know how long it takes?

Also I heard they are not processing any i-140 cases now and moved the staff to some other cases in CSC. Is it true?

1st august processing file also says 7/17 for EB2
and 15th august processing file also says 7/17 for EB2.

Thanks,
Desi145

There is no hard and fast rule but it is normal to take upto 1 month to get the I-140 application receipt. I would suggest check with your lawyers arund 6th september. In my case, i got the case number within 1 week of filing but that was in june 2002.

It is true that CSC is reallocating its staff to cater to the religious workers but based on the article link below I dont think I-140 would be drastically affected. More details are in this article:
http://www.murthy.com/UDrelwor.html

I am assuming your case was filed under EB2. If that is true then it will take about 2-2.5 months for I-140 approval based on current CSC trends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Divekar,
I checked with HR person. They didn't receive anything. Does INS send the receipt to attorney only?
YES, Mine is EB2 category.

Desi145

Yes the receipt is mailed to the attorney on the case. You will not need the receipt. What you can do is in another couple of weeks (around 6th september) send an email to your attorneys asking if they had received your case number for I-140. Once they provide you with a case number (13 digits with first 3 alphabets followed by 10 numbers) you can check the status online by plugging in that case number.
Online system web site:
http://www.immigration.com/frame/inscasestatonlinefr.html

Thanks Divekar,
I just got the faxed copy from the attorney.

Looked at the status and says the following.

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on August 8, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 158 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

What do they mean by between 158 and 60 days?

Desi145

Question for KDivekar

1. My I-140 was approved in April 2003

2. Since I came back to my home country for work purpose and expect to live here long, I opted for CP.

3. My I-824 was filed in May 2003 at Nebraska Service Center. The system says it takes 345-365 days to process.

My questions are

1. Does it take THAT long to process I-824 ?

2. What are the future steps after the I-824 approval, is that the last stage before final personal interview ?

3. Since I have a approved I-140, can this be "changed" to AC I-140, or is it a separate petition on the whole ?....Bottomline is to speed up this process

4. When should be my approximate interview dates ?

5. What is Packet 4 - is it some stage after I recieve and send Packet 3 ??

6. And after the interview how long does it take to get the actual "Green Card" ? (Do we get it here in India or ONLY when we return to US)

Please Help !!

Thanks.

jawadalam:
I think these questions were posted in multiple threads and your questions have been answered.

desi:

Not sure why the days are 158 -60. Basically check your status online once every 2 weeks. I think your case should get approved in about 1.5-2 more months.

My wife is a British citizen (although born in India - Apparently categorizes you by country of birth and not citizenship) and I am an Indian Citizen. Can we both still opt for consular processing in Bombay ? I am the primary on this application and my wife will be a dependent. Any advice/insights will be appreciated - thanks

eb2dec:

If your previous usa visas were issued by mumbai consulate or if you fall within mumbai jurisdiction then you can opt for mumbai are the consular post.

kdivekar, I understand that. My main question was for my wife. Can she apply with me at the Mumbai consulate as well (even as a dependent) ? She had gotten her US visa thru a foreign consulate. - thanks.

Originally posted by kdivekar
eb2dec:

If your previous usa visas were issued by mumbai consulate or if you fall within mumbai jurisdiction then you can opt for mumbai are the consular post.

To kdivekar

yes you are right, I am trying to get your perspective too. Specially for questions...2,3,6

Your thoughts would be highly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

1. Does it take THAT long to process I-824 ?
Ans: Currently nebraska is processing 12/20/02 as far as I-824 is concerned. And this 824 date is not moving as fast one would want. So although there is a 8 month lag it may take as long as 365 days.

2. What are the future steps after the I-824 approval ?
Ans: NVC will issue fee receipt, then after payment NVC will issue P3 and then after you have submitted P3 NVC will review it and mail to your consulate of chocie and then there will be a cp interview.

3. When should be my approximate interview dates ?
It is difficult to determine exactly when you will get the cp interview. Assuming you follow the regular CP process, it will take upto 1 year for 824 approval (hopefully less than 1 year) and another 6-8 months to get cp interview.

Also in the mean time check with your lawyer if you can file AC I-140 and see if you qualify for it? If yes then you dont have to wait for I-824 approval, you can staright away file AC I-140 based on 824 receipt and you will get interview within 5-6 months of filing AC I-140 papers with your consulate.

4. What is Packet 3 and 4 ? (I have no idea on that)
Answer: P3 is biographic information that you fill out and nvc reviews before sending to consulate. P4 contains your cp appointment/ interview letter that is sent by consulate to you.

5. And after the interview how long does it take to get the actual "Green Card" ?
Answer: About 4-6 weeks.