Successful CP Interview in Chennai

Originally posted by saradao
Thanks for your update on Birth certificate. Do I need to extend mine and my wife's visa before I attend interview? I am expecting oct interview and our visas will expire next month. My L1 is valid till next year though. Can you suggest me on this?

I don't know! For me, during the interview, they did ask for the latest H1 approval. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't had my visa extension. BTW, my visa was checked in the airport also! Since my visa on the passport had expired, they made a big deal out of it...

-XML

Originally posted by ckvimal
xml:

you mentioned that u did not have to mention anything about merger. Can you explain this a little? Are u saying that ur company name has changed but u did not have to mention this in your interview.
What happens once after Packet3 has been created and the company name has changed due to merger?

-ckv

In my case the company name didn't change! Company X, Inc,(where I am working) and company Y, Inc. merged and the combined company was called X Corporation. We did mention the company name as X Corporation on DS230 Part 2 (merger happened after sending DS230 part 1. So, DS230 part 1 had old name).

-XML

Originally posted by ra7
I think it's better to take merger papers with you in case they ask for it. You can take the merger related media articles as well.

I had carried all kinds of merger related documents (including proxy statements). It's better to have all the documents that you think might be needed for the interview...

-XML

company name change

Thanks Xml.

Did the consulate ask for salary slips and company name? Do you think I should tell them upfront there is a company name change. I recently obtained an amended I-140 approved with the new company name. But packet 3 sent to the consulate has old company's I-140 associated with it.

Thanks again.

Re: company name change

Thanks Xml.

Did the consulate ask for salary slips and company name? Do you think I should tell them upfront there is a company name change. I recently obtained an amended I-140 approved with the new company name. But packet 3 sent to the consulate has old company's I-140 associated with it.

Thanks again.

Packet 4 doesn't ask for pay slips (but bank statements are required) are necessary. But, I had provided my three months (most recent) pay slips along with all other documents.

If you have amended I-140, then there is absolutely no reason to worry. I would say keep all the merger related documents (including amended I-140) but open them ONLY IF ASKED. You don't want to invite unnecessary complications...

-XML

XML. please help

I moved from X to Y company and my GC process is going through Y company. My X company H1 is valid until Feb' 03 & My passport and My wife passport has visa stamping of X company.

I got H1 with Y company but not stamped on passport. While applying H1 through Y company they told H4 for my wife is not need to apply as her H4 is valid until Feb'03 (X Company) and we haven't applied for H4 through Y company. Does this create any problem.

And also I am using substitute labor for the CP process, is this will create any problems.

Your reply will be great helpful.

Thanks

Re: XML. please help

Originally posted by TXcowBoy
I moved from X to Y company and my GC process is going through Y company. My X company H1 is valid until Feb' 03 & My passport and My wife passport has visa stamping of X company.

I got H1 with Y company but not stamped on passport. While applying H1 through Y company they told H4 for my wife is not need to apply as her H4 is valid until Feb'03 (X Company) and we haven't applied for H4 through Y company. Does this create any problem.

And also I am using substitute labor for the CP process, is this will create any problems.

Your reply will be great helpful.

Thanks

I don't think that your wife's H4 will be an Issue (nor will be that fact that you don't have visa stampped on your passport). Regarding the substitute labor, it's better if you have amended I-140 (consulate might ask for the same). Get some advice from an attorney...

-XML

To saradao

Saradao.

Even i had a birth certificate with no name. This is because
the corporation/Registrar's office does not have ur name when u are born.

But if with the "no name" Birth Certificate and a copy of a TC
which shows the date of Birth, Father's name ( which corresponds with the "no name" BC), you could get a new BC with ur name on it.

I got it like that in Kerala.

vaccination requirements

Hello xml,

Can we take vaccinations in USA instead of india?So what are the procedures for that if we can take in USA?

Can u please send the company employment letter format that you produced for the interview.Also was it notarized and on company letter head.

Is IRS9003 and sailing permit required ?

-ckvimal

Re: vaccination requirements

Hello xml,

Can we take vaccinations in USA instead of india?So what are the procedures for that if we can take in USA?

Can u please send the company employment letter format that you produced for the interview.Also was it notarized and on company letter head.

Is IRS9003 and sailing permit required ?

-ckvimal

One of my friend had taken vaccnications here in USA and they were honoured by the doctor (Mumbai). But she was going to Mumbai consulate.

Regarding the employment letter our VP of HR department got the employment letter notarized. I will try to post the exact format, but this is what it said approximately: Mr. XML is working as a software engineer and his annual salary is $Y.00 etc...

I had taken the Sailing permit and had filled up IRS9003. No body asked for them. I had also taken tax transcripts (for the last three years) from local IRS office.

-XML

vacinations..

Hi XML,
Quick question on vaccinations...because of this concurrent filing ruling, I will be filing here sometime next week.
1) What all vacinations are needed?
2) And can we get a doc certificate from India for those vacinations or its compulsory that we need to take them here?
3)If so can we take them at the local hospital(where our health insurence is) or do we have to go to INS designated doc?
4) Regarding the Birth cert, I guess they might be in indian language. Do we have to get it translated in USA or we can do it in India also?

Thx a lot

hi

1) What all vacinations are needed?
MMR, Chicken Pox, DT vaccines can be ordered by examining physician

2) And can we get a doc certificate from India for those vacinations or its compulsory that we need to take them here?
You will be given of above mentioned vaccines depending on the discretion of the MD you see in India

3)If so can we take them at the local hospital(where our health insurence is) or do we have to go to INS designated doc?
You can get them done here and it is usually accepted by most physicians in India, except some doctors in chennai who will give it again and charge for it !!!!! based on previous posta

4) Regarding the Birth cert, I guess they might be in indian language. Do we have to get it translated in USA or we can do it in India also?
Do it in India, and get it notarized there, that is easier and cheaper

Thx Sanjna

That really helps..
Have to get my both hands ready for the Vaccines then:-(
I will get the Birth cert translated in India.

Clarifications needed

XML,

A few questions:

a. My Birth cert. does not have my name on it. But I have 2 sworn affidavits from my mom and dad and it says that this is being issued because of incomplete BC. Is that sufficient or should I get a new BC?

b. what is the process to get PCC here in the US? I have been here for abt. 5 yrs and my wife for abt. 3. Does getting a PCC here sufficient or should I get a PCC in India as well?

Thanks,

Srini

Re: Clarifications needed

Originally posted by raji_needs_GC
XML,

A few questions:

a. My Birth cert. does not have my name on it. But I have 2 sworn affidavits from my mom and dad and it says that this is being issued because of incomplete BC. Is that sufficient or should I get a new BC?

b. what is the process to get PCC here in the US? I have been here for abt. 5 yrs and my wife for abt. 3. Does getting a PCC here sufficient or should I get a PCC in India as well?

Thanks,

Srini

Hi Srini,
I am not sure about the birth certificate. Please call the consulate or send them an e-mail (Chennai is very responsive) to clarify this issue.

PCC from Indian embassay/consulate is sufficient. Just go to the indian Embassay/consulate and apply for one. It usually takes about 30-45 days to get your PCC...Visit http://www.indianconsulate-sf.org/visa/indian_services.html#mis-pcc to get some ideas about how to apply for PCC...

-XML

Affidivit from parents..

Guys,
I understand from the thread that
if we dont have Birth Certificate or if our Name is not there on it, we need to provide affadivit from our parents. Someone posted a format on this forum thread. Can we use the exact format, print it out and get it signed by parents and notarized or do we have to get the forms filled which are supplied by INS? What is the procedure?
Can someone clarify me on this please?
Thx..:rolleyes:

Re: Affidivit from parents..

Originally posted by kingno1
Guys,
I understand from the thread that
if we dont have Birth Certificate or if our Name is not there on it, we need to provide affadivit from our parents. Someone posted a format on this forum thread. Can we use the exact format, print it out and get it signed by parents and notarized or do we have to get the forms filled which are supplied by INS? What is the procedure?
Can someone clarify me on this please?
Thx..:rolleyes:

There is no from available from INS for this.

You can use the format you saw - please verify that it
adheres to the guidelines provided by the consulate

Like names of both parents, ur date & place of birth etc
(the guidelines are in pkt3 and pkt4) and
there is a sample format available in immihelp.com

hope this helps,

u_me

thx u_me, another Q

Thx U_me..I just spoke with my attorney. She was telling that for filing with the affidavit from parents,
1) we need to get a letter from government census office also saying that the Birth cert is not available. Is that so?
2) And the affadavits need to be notarized by a notary right?

xml, DD's for bluedart..

DD's for blue dart courier is Rs. 250 + n*50, where n is the number of applicants, is it right, so, for myself, mywife and kid I have to take Rs. 400 DD. Is the DD has to taken Consulate general of America, chennai consulate or different name. Can I pay cash for blue dart service. Please reply.

Thanks