Successful CP in Mumbai... 20th Feb

dineshgk

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Had a successful CP at Mumbai Consulate on 20 Feb... Will post the details soon.

Thanks to Everyone.

Congrats Dinesh

Congrats Dinesh!! All the best on your POE.
How was it, please post details. Question: did u take local PCC with you or the only one from Indian Consulate in US?
What all docs did they ask for?
Please let us know. Cheers!
VinCP.

Here are my details

Reached Mumbai on Sunday 16th Feb. Got the polarised Passport Photographs for me and my wife for the medicals.

Medicals at Breach Candy on Monday Feb 17.

We were called at 7.30 a.m. but we reached at 6.45 a.m. Many people had already come. Then we decided to take a walk and come back. We walked to the Consulate and back... It is a walking distance of less than 5 minutes. Anyway we went inside for Medical and we paid Rs. 1650 per person for medicals. The medical is divided into two parts. The staff for first half sucked. The most un-professional behaviour. But second half was good. Anyway the first part was blood test and then X-Ray. We were not told this but from prior experience, it is important not to eat/drink anything before the blood test. We were sent after the X-Rays and were told to come back at 10.30 for physical checkup. The physical check up is not more than 5 to 10 minutes. They check you thoroughly and you may have to strip off your clothes. The male and female chekups are in different sections. Then we were given two shots. I dont know what were they for but I know it was one on each arm. Then we were told to finally come and pickup the reports at 1.00 p.m.

In the morining after blood test and X-Rays, we again walked to the consulate and looked for the "MY OWN STUDIO" for immigration photos. Had the photos taken for Rs. 100 per person and he asked me to pick it up next day but then I asked when did he open his shop in the morning. He said at 9.00 a.m. and so I told him that I would pick up the photo's on Thursday morning Feb 20th as the interview was at 9.30 a.m.

So the medicals were done and the photos were also done.

Interview on thursday Febraury 20th.

We reached "My Own Studio" at 8.45 a.m. It was closed. So we sat in the park just opposite to it. And exactly at 9.00 a.m. we picked our photos and then went to the consulate. DO NOT STAND IN ANY LINE. JUST WALK TO THE GUARD AT THE MAIN DOOR AND SHOW THEM YOUR APPOINTMENT LETTER AND PASSPORT. I had carried all the required and extra documents as per this bulletin and the Medical reports. But even then I did a mistake. I did not tell my wife to not carry anything with her and unfortunately that day she carried her hand bag. We were not allowed to take that bag inside. But I did not panic as I realized that I should have mentioned this to my wife. We awlked back to My Own Studio but that person did not keep our bags. But he suggested that a Tea shop just opposite to the consulate would keep it. So we removed all the valuables from her bag and kept it with the Tea wala.

Finally we reached inside the consulate and then a lady inside told me to sbmit my letter to Window no. 1. Where I was told to go and sit near Window no. 10 as I had already paid the required fees in US.

At around 10.30 a.m. we were called at Window no. 11. The lady there was jolly. She asked for all the necessary documents. Well I gave the following documents for me:

1. 3 immigration Photos.
2. DS 230 Part II
3. Marriage Certificate Xerox Copy
4. Birth Certificate Xerox Copy
5. Employment Letter
6. PCC (Only from Indian Consulate in US)

She also asked me to DS230 part I. I just asked that do you need part I too and she said yes. Without any arguments I gave her a copy of my DS 230 part I as I had taken a copy of that too. So in total 7 documents for me. She verified everything. No Originals asked. One more thing..... When they ask for offer letter, I got confused that I did not get the offer letter. But offer letter is the so called we call as Employment Letter. So dont get confused. While collecting the documents she asked me a few questions as to how long have I been working for this company and whats the name of the company. And I have one daughter and she is US Citizen. No documents were asked for her.

I was given a letter to sign which stated that I would come and work for same company and also I was told to sign one of the photos.

Then for my wife the documents I gave were as follows:-
1. 3 immigration Photos.
2. DS part I (I gave this too before she asked for it).
3. DS part II
4. Birth Certificate (In Hindi and in english Translation) Xerox Copy
5. Marriage Certificate Xerox Copy.
6. Affidavit of Support I-134
7. PCC (Only from Indian Consulate in US)

My wife was told to sign one of the Photos.

Then she told us to change our address in DS part I to India address (both for me and my wife). I told her that I wanted the GC card to be mailed at this address in US. She told ok and checked the desired address. I am not sure if this will work but we shall see.

Then we were told to go back and be seated.

We were again called in a box at window no. 9 where a American lady greeted us. She asked me where I stayed in US. I said Troy, MI and she said why do you want to go back to Michigan at this time of the year... (Its understood due to snow this season). We were told to sign the DS part II and were asked to raise our hands and swear that the documents provided are true.

Then she told us that were are thru and we should come and pickup the passports at 3.30 p.m.

Since we had paid the fees in US, we were not given any sort of a receipt for passport pickup. But I took a copy of the offer letter just in case. But it was not needed.

One more thing.... Due to some problem I could not pick up my passport on thursday, So I picked it on Friday.

POE Chicago Sunday March 2nd.

We came to Chicago via Air India at around 5.30 p.m. We did not fill any I94 form or anything. Just filled the Customs form. Then we directly went into the line where it said US Citizens and Permenant Residents. We were then told to stand aside where someone soon came and took us in a different place where we were told to be seated. There were many more immigrants. Then finally my wife was called first and then my turn. I was told to look into the camera while he takes my finger prints. He said the better photo and better finger prints I give, the earlier I would get my Green Card. He was a Jolly person. Then I was given the passport saying that it has been stamped with a temporary visa for one year and the Card would come in 6 to 8 months.

Then Customs and then another flight from Chicago to Detroit.

Just came today.... Trying to get back on track.

Thanks a lot to everyone on this forum. All experience sharing and advices given. Thanks a lot.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
dineshgk,

The employment letter should just contain the notorized stamp and notary's signature...right?. Or just there be a embedded seal too?.

Congratz once more on your post gc life.

Thanks.

dineshgk!
Once again congrats! - Was just wondering where did you stay in B'bay. I'm trying to reserve a hotel for in B'bay and for now have narrowed it down to Royal Castle.
Also, do you need to book these hotels before you leave US, or do they accept walk-ins. Hope you could get me some info on that.

Thanks!

Originally posted by ceebee
dineshgk,

The employment letter should just contain the notorized stamp and notary's signature...right?. Or just there be a embedded seal too?.

Congratz once more on your post gc life.

Thanks.

The notary seal can be a rubber stamp or an embossed seal.
Either of these is OK. Some notaries have the metal seal and others do not.

I agree, the embossed seal looks good on the document. But
that is all.

Raju

Hello Ceebee..... I have taken notary many many times before and every time I have had them emboss it with metal stamp as well as rubber stamp which says when their jurisdiction expires.

TeeRoy.... I am from Bombay so no problem for staying... I heard Royal Castle is good and it is convenient too. It is walking distance from both consulate and Breach Candy Hospital. I would recommend to call and confirm your reservations for Hotels as well as medicals.

GoodLuck.

Notary Seal

It is our choice, whether we get the notorization done only if the
Notary Public pocesses a metal embossed seal.

However, I just want to say that it is not an official requirement.
The following is an exerpt from the State of Maine web site:

Q. Are Notaries Public required to maintain embossing seals or stamps?

A. No. It is optional for Notaries Public in the State of Maine to own or use an embossing seal or a stamp with their name and expiration date.

Q. If a Notary Public wishes to own and use an embossing seal, are there any special rules for this seal?

A. Yes. An embossing seal must be engraved with the Notary Public's name exactly as it appears on the Certificate of Office, which is the way the Notary Public must always sign documents. The seal must also have the words "Notary Public"; and contain either the words "Maine" or "ME." or the Great Seal of the State of Maine. Please keep in mind that using an embossing seal does not eliminate the other requirements for a proper notarization such as a statement of what the Notary Public has done (an acknowledgment or Jurat statement), the official signature of the Notary Public, the commission expiration date and the date when the notarization was performed.

An embossing seal may be purchased from a local stationery store, office supply store or a printing shop. It is both the option and the responsibility of the Notary Public to purchase the embossing seal because the State of Maine does not supply it.

So, if the documents were notorized with just the rubber stamp,
it is not a cause for worry.

I had personal interest in this matter, because I have earlier submitted I-134s for my parents with metal embossed seal.

Now for my CP the I-134s do not have the embossed seal.
I asked the Notary about that and she told me, it was
a personal choice( of the Notary) to have it or not.

Raju

Form 9003

dineshgk,

I will also go to Mumbai consulate in May. (Sam route - Beach Canddy hospital, Myown studio, .....)

What document did you receive as part of P4?

Was IRS9003 there? Did consulate ask for it?

I have 2 dependent, wife and 5 year old daughter. Do I have to submit seperate I-134 for them?

bjajal

Re: Form 9003

Originally posted by bjajal
dineshgk,

I will also go to Mumbai consulate in May. (Sam route - Beach Canddy hospital, Myown studio, .....)

What document did you receive as part of P4?

Just browse the threads. Lots of info.

Was IRS9003 there? Did consulate ask for it?
Not required anymore. There is a letter from Colin Powell to substantiate the statement on one of the threads on this forum.
Here is a official memo from Collin Powell...

http://travel.state.gov/state094440.html

I have 2 dependent, wife and 5 year old daughter. Do I have to submit seperate I-134 for them?
Need a separate I-134 for each dependent.

bjajal [/B]

Hello Bjalal.... CpDelhi has answered all your questions perfectly... Dont be afraid... Everything shall be fine... Just stay cool.

GoodLuck,

Police certificate

Dinesh,

You did not mention anything about PCC. Did't they ask?

You said you did't had to pay any fees in Mumbai. How much did you pay here in USA? I have paid $335/person to NVC. Don't we have to pay $65/person for Visa issue fee?

bjajal

Sorry.... I forgot to mention about PCC in my details above.... I have updated the thread now.

Yes... I paid $335 per person in ST. Louis and No we do not need to pay anything there in India.

GoodLuck,

dineshgk,
Do we have to take 2 original notorized employment letters?. or is one sufficient.

Thanks.

Fees and PCC

dineshgk,
1. do you know if fees can be paid in dollars or bank drafts from USA?
2. Did the Mumbai consulate ask for local PCC?
thanks

Hello KYCP,

Read this thread from page 1 and most of your questions would be answered.

Regarding payments in India... You have to pay via a Demand Draft. I am sure you can pay by India DD, but not sure of US DD. Well I dont think why you cannot, but its better you confirm about this from the US Consulate website. I think you can also pay by Cash... But confrim this too.

Try to check it on their website and/or send them an email.

GoodLuck

Congrats Dinesh, Good Luck

Congrats Dinesh, Its good to hear that everything went fine.
In Experience Explanation you had mentioned about a problem
'One more thing.... Due to some problem I could not pick up my passport on thursday, So I picked it on Friday.'
Can u please tell us what happened. Just being curious.
Thanks and Good luck.
VinCP.