Successful CP in Mumbai... 20th Feb

dineshgk,
Once you get your visa papers in evening along with the passport in the evening, is there any way we can check if there are any spelling mistakes?.

I read in Ranen's post or someone else's that there were spelling mistakes...how do we validate that information.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ceebee
dineshgk,
Once you get your visa papers in evening along with the passport in the evening, is there any way we can check if there are any spelling mistakes?.

I read in Ranen's post or someone else's that there were spelling mistakes...how do we validate that information.

Thanks.

I am sure dineshgk would respond too!

The document you would be able to check and verify is stapled to
the outside of the cover you get from the Consulate.

And the passport would be seperate too. I am not sure whether
the consulate would make any entries in the passport.

Raju

Re: Fees in US Dollars?

Originally posted by ceebee
Friends,

Has any one paid the fees of $335 in US dollars?.

Thanks.

ceebee,

The question is a bit confusing.

The payment when it goes to St.Louis is always in US Dollars.
The method of payment is either cashier's check or money order.

Another scenario is as following:

Your case belongs to the old stream, and you have not paid the visa issue fee here in US.

You want to know, whether it is possible to pay in US currency at the Consulate. I do not know whether they would accept US dollars over the counter.

Please clarify.

Raju

I can remember that some of our friend on this forum paid the fees in US dollar (cash) at Mumbai consulate during Interview.
And this happened oct-nov time range of 2002.
cheers!!
Ranen

US denominations accepted

US denominations are accepted in form of cash payment to pay any applicable fees at the US Conslautes/Embassy counters in India.

Thanks.

Hello....

VinCP.... I had a Air India ticket from Mumbai to Delhi which I had to re-schedule.... But unlike here, you cannot just do this by phone... Over there apart of calling and making changes over the phone you have to go to their local office and have your old ticket re-validated. AIR INDIA.... TOOK more than 3 hours to do this and because of this delay I could not reach the consulate to pick up my passport on time. So I had to pick it up next day... Thats it.

CeeBee.... Raju has answered your question perfectly. They give you a sealed envelop with a paper stapled to it outside. Verify all the information is printed correctly on that paper. You will have to carry and show this packet on every step of your travel back... right from the ticket counter to US Immigration. Again Raju is correct on the payment confusion. Usually in Employment based CP we usually already pay our required fee to ST. Louis, So we do not have to pay anything out there. But in some cases like family based CP you have to pay the fees out there. So that is then your option to pay in Rs. Cash or Indian DD or USD cash.

GoodLuck to All,

Thanks Dinesh

Thanks Dinesh, i was just curious on that part. I had faced the same problem with Air India in New Delhi which was a pain after flight getting delayed for one day in London.
Well, thats how things work out there.
Have a great weekend. Thanks again.
VinCP.

Friends,
Thanks a lot for all the ansers.
Yeah mine is AC-I140 so we havent paid any fees yet.

Thanks.

filing 824

ceebee,

does 824 for changing from aos to cp needs to be filed by the employer or can one do without their signature?