Successful CP at Chennai July 24th...

ssuresh

Registered Users (C)
I had successful CP at chennai on 24th July and came back into US after vacation yesterday (11th August). Everything was same as previous CPers posted into the forum.
Only think i like to mention is DR.Vijayalakshmi gives appointment till 7.00 in the evening and she was a great lady.
If any of you have any questions i am ready to answer that

Hi Congrats!.

I have some questions about form I-134. Please clarify me the following.

Did you list the value of your personal property ( car, furniture etc)?. Do we need to carry any proof for that (like the purchase order of car)?.
Did you list your bank balance and stocks value in I-134?.If you have listed the stocks value, have you attached any document that lists the name, number and value of each stock you own?.

Congrats

I have a question about bluedart. Do they have restrictions as to where they will/ willnot deliver such as a village?.

Also, thanks for clarifying that Dr.Vijayalakshmi sees people till 7pm.

Originally posted by ssuresh
I had successful CP at chennai on 24th July and came back into US after vacation yesterday (11th August). Everything was same as previous CPers posted into the forum.
Only think i like to mention is DR.Vijayalakshmi gives appointment till 7.00 in the evening and she was a great lady.
If any of you have any questions i am ready to answer that

Reply To sumathi_63/realplayer0

I Just mentioned my bank balance. I did not have any stock holding. I did not mentioned car....
But for bank balance i had the Recent Bank statements which Consulate office took with him at the time of interview.
If ur mentioning anything as ur property better take the evidence of the property.

I have a question about bluedart. Do they have restrictions as to where they will/ willnot deliver such as a village?.

I think they deliver anywhere in south india(That is to any state that comes under Chennai Consulate). I don't know reason for this. One couple who came with me for interview where trying to get their Visa papers in Mumbai, But Consular officer told that it can be delivered only in the states which come under Chennai consulate.
They will not be having any problem delivering in any area within this state i think!. But in case if u need to make any corrections in the visa papers u have to travel back to chennai. So better u give the hotel address(if u don't have anyone at chennai) and collect the papers and go home!...

Few points from my experience....

1. I went to Konica Lab/Camera citi which is near Consulate to take photos. Mr.Shanmugam who normally takes photo was not there so another person(If i am correct he is abdulla)..took photos which ear rings for my wife. Just the day before i came to know from one of the couples who travelled with me in the train that immigration photo should be taken without ear rings and chain....
So i called the guys and they said really sorry and the guy apologized that he did not know that. So luckily Mr.Shanmugam took the photos this time. So be ready to check all the documents before u r ready for the interview .
2. U can do medicals, immigration photo and Medicals(Dr.Vijayalakshmi) in a single day itself, if there is no complication in Lab tests!.
3. Lot of guys who was inside with me in the consulate did not attach copies of all the important originals(Like Birth certificate, marriage certificate...etc...) and they did not arrange it in the order in PKT4. So please make sure that u have copies for all the documents that u wish the consulate to return back(Marriage certificate u need one copy for u and one for ur spouse!!!) and arrange it properly so that it will reduce ur tension on the interview date.

Thanks ssuresh

I am thinking of going back to my village the same evening of the interview instead of waiting in Madras for one more day. Do you know when they usually deliver if it is a local hotel address?. Thanks again.

congrats SSURESH

cool man, congratulations.

this might be a dumb Question after having been visiting this forum for so many days.

where do you get your green card stamped , is it at the consulate or P.O.E?.

Reply to realplayer0/jonnals

realplayer0: It will be on the next day itself after the interview.

jonnals: They give only the papers necessary for stamping. You will get stamping at the POE in US. But don't forget to carry that papers without opening it in the hand luggage.

hi ssuresh,

Is it sufficient if we show a bank balance of 10K or 12K?. Is this figure some what close to what have stated?.

Thanks.

Congratulations Ssuresh

So how do you feel now !!GREEETE!!
I also did POE on 9th at Detroit.
Please follow August POE-Plastic tracker for your updates

It Does not matter.....

Originally posted by sumathi_63
hi ssuresh,

Is it sufficient if we show a bank balance of 10K or 12K?. Is this figure some what close to what have stated?.

Thanks.

Just put the amount as whatever you have in the Bank. I showed 10k!.

Re: Congratulations Ssuresh

Originally posted by go_on
So how do you feel now !!GREEETE!!
I also did POE on 9th at Detroit.
Please follow August POE-Plastic tracker for your updates

Great! As if big burden has been removed from me.
Sure i will update the Forum!. Thank you

ssuresh ,

Difference in my slarary is 30K when campared that mentioned in I-140. Infact there is no change in my salary all this confusion is because my attorney mentioned worng salary in my I-140. Will this be problem? What should I do to correct this if required. Please advice. Thanks in advance..

hi suresh

congrats!

jsut a couple of questions:

1. which hotel did you stay,

2. when did the bluedart courier package reach you the next day?

thanks! enhoy your post gc life!

Originally posted by saradao
ssuresh ,

Difference in my slarary is 30K when campared that mentioned in I-140. Infact there is no change in my salary all this confusion is because my attorney mentioned worng salary in my I-140. Will this be problem? What should I do to correct this if required. Please advice. Thanks in advance..

This is not a legal advice. Your attorney will be the best person to pick. As far as i heard from my attorney it is for the future job that your company has agreed to pay. So even if ur current salary is less than that it should be not a problem. Donot worry much about that. Even if your company does not agree to put the same in Employement letter, they have agree to do by signing the papers when u filed LC and I140. Relax....

Re: hi suresh

Originally posted by manish_r0
congrats!

jsut a couple of questions:

1. which hotel did you stay,

2. when did the bluedart courier package reach you the next day?

thanks! enhoy your post gc life!

1. I stayed with my cousin who is very near to US Consulate.
2. Yes it was delivered in my hometown which is around 6-7 hrs travel in train from chennai the next day sharply around 9.30 AM. I was really surprised.

Originally posted by ssuresh

This is not a legal advice. Your attorney will be the best person to pick. As far as i heard from my attorney it is for the future job that your company has agreed to pay. So even if ur current salary is less than that it should be not a problem. Donot worry much about that. Even if your company does not agree to put the same in Employement letter, they have agree to do by signing the papers when u filed LC and I140. Relax....

Thanks suresh.. happy GC life..

thanks suresh

If one can get it that early in the morning, then one can easily come back to ones hometown the same day, assuming one is receiving it in chennai/hotel itself.

thanks again!

Yes.. it is consistant

It is the case with my spouse visa also. We received next day morning at my home town..