Successful Ac140 @delhi ( i485 to ac140 case)

Salary & Title change

Hi,
Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all of you!

Please throw some light on the role of salary & designation change (Promotion) during the process of Green card (all 3 stages).
Does that matter or affect anyways CP if there is a increase in salary & designation which will be definitely more than which is mentioned in Labour filing & I-140 filing??

Thanks.

hey goyal:

I do not mean to hurt anyone out here. Everyone will appreciate if questions are not duplicated across multiple threads within this immigration forum. This is the third instance and I am sure one does not want to catch bad attention through repetitive postings.

I have answered your question in the other thread. Again do not feel bad coz i have done the same in the past and now i realize that such things do not help anyone and at times such questions remain unanswered!

Consulate question

I am from the Delhi region and my wife is from the Chennai region. I would be the principal applicant when we do the AOS to CP.

Questions:

a) Would my wife need to apply to the Chennai consulate ?

b) Will rhe Delhi consulate accept her case since she is dependent ? What kind of documentations would help them accept.

Anyone with such experience here ?

Thanks!

niw007:

a) Would my wife need to apply to the Chennai consulate ?
Answer: No. Since you are primary she will get her cp interview along with you @New Delhi consulate

b) Will the Delhi consulate accept her case since she is dependent ? What kind of documentations would help them accept.
Answer: YEs NWD Consulate will have to accept her case for the following reasons:
a. You are from delhi consulate jurisdiction
b. She is married to you
c. You are the primary and she is the derivative candidate!

As far as documentation include your marriage certificate as proof that the two of you are married and from your passport NWD will knwo that you are from NWD jurisdiction.

Anyone with such experience here ?
Answer: If you research this forum you will find a lot of folks in your position and have done the way it is explained above!

Hi,

Does anyone know what AC 140 contains? My company's attorney forwarded to me and it only has about 10 pages, which include the approval notice. Should it have LC documents too?

Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response!

Seems to me, it doesn't require LC documents. But in the sample letter, it says "as the Certificate of Labor demonstrates". Could you shed some light on it?

A friend's question - is an attorney must be the person who sends AC 140 package to consulate? Actually, I have a lawyer but I can get little information from her. Just because she has the title and I don't.

Thanks!

will2003:

Seems to me, it doesn't require LC documents. But in the sample letter, it says "as the Certificate of Labor demonstrates". Could you shed some light on it?
Answer: LC approval document is not a required document for AC I-140 application but a recommended document for the CP innterview. Assume it as required if you have had RFE's on your LC application. If you have it with you great, else ask your attorney for it and she should be able to provide you with a copy of it.

A friend's question - is an attorney must be the person who sends AC 140 package to consulate? Actually, I have a lawyer but I can get little information from her. Just because she has the title and I don't.
Answer: Attorney is a must for AC I-140 hence the name Attorney Certified I-140.

Thanks again! I appreciate your help and i can always find useful information from this site. Wish us all good luck!

Hi
I just sent in my AC-140 CP package to the ND Consulate. I received EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability) approval from the VSC on March 29, 2004. In my original I140 petition, I had indicated that I would pursue Adjustment of Status, but given the pace at which the VSC is operating, I applied for I-824 two weeks ago and received my I-824 receipt within 12 days.

I will keep the thread posted on developments.

Documents for AC-140 New Delhi

Guru's

Need help

My Lawyer got I-824 receipt and I am ready to file for Ac1-40. However my Attorney have no clue regarding the documents for AC-140 and process. Can anybody please clear my doubt ?

I am asking my attorney to send following douments.

1. I-140 Petition certified by Attorney.
2. Original Approval Notice for I-140,
3. Cover letter by attorney,
4. Ds2001 & Ds230 signed by each applicant.
5. copy of passport to show new delhi consulate eligibility.

is there any other documet needed ?

I saw in forums that hardships letter have to be sent ?is that separate letter from cover letter mentioned ?
does any body have any sample harships letter ?

Thanks gurus

Hi gchope!
In addition, you definitely need the I-824 receipt. Also, my attorney included a paragraph in the cover letter discussing the hardships associated with pursuing AoS.

Another tip - my attorney insisted that all my other documents that will be needed at the time of interview - Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, PCC, etc. be dated before I send my package as sometimes the US Embassy in ND makes that an issue. Only the employment letter and medical results are to be dated within a month of the interview.

Hope that helps.

Just Part I
Part II has to be signed in front of the immigration officer and submitted at the time of the interview

Ac-140

Guy's

My lawyer has sent application to NWD for I-140. Most likely it will reach NWD on June 07.

Nbahel

Mine is right after you. Once you receive your case number, let me know so that i can can expect mine week later.
thanks

Ac-140

I will. Mine was was also delivered on 7th.

Does any abody know how many it takes to get case number ?

nbahel,

Please share if you received a case number. I'm still waiting to hear back from ND.