Successful Ac140 @delhi ( i485 to ac140 case)

Hi MSSJ,
I just had my AC-140 interview in New Delhi on July 7. I took everything in a big plastic packet. They just make you put it through an X-Ray machine. They will check-in your cell phone etc. and not let you take those in.

Questions-- Please answer

Guru's

I have 2 question regarding CP

1. Notarised employement letter has to be notarised by the employer or once we receive it we can take it notary.

2. Recently I moved but my DS-230 part-1 which is sent to the embassy has my old address. I did put the forwarding address to my old one but do I need to inform embassy or need to fill another DS-230-I ???? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Rseth

AC140 New Delhi

Nbahel,
Thanks for our response. Can you please share your experiences with us as far as paper work asked, interview questions etc. Since you have been there
recently your feeback would be helpful for all those who intend to go the US
Embassy shortly.
thanks

rseth123 said:
Guru's

I have 2 question regarding CP

1. Notarised employement letter has to be notarised by the employer or once we receive it we can take it notary.

{The person signing the employment letter must sign in the presence of the notary. Then only it will be notarized. You can not do this after the fact}

2. Recently I moved but my DS-230 part-1 which is sent to the embassy has my old address. I did put the forwarding address to my old one but do I need to inform embassy or need to fill another DS-230-I ???? Any suggestions?

{Fill out a new DS 230 Part I and carry it to the consulate. Specifically
point this out to the consular officer and swap the forms}

Thanks
Rseth

{my responeses}

Raju

Thanks Raju,

Could you please answer one more question that what will happen to the packet IV. Is it going to be forwarded to my new address?

Thanks
Rseth

Raju595 said:
{my responeses}

Raju

rseth123 said:
Thanks Raju,

Could you please answer one more question that what will happen to the packet IV. Is it going to be forwarded to my new address?

Thanks
Rseth

Packet IV will be sent to the address the consulate sees on the DS 230 Part I
you submitted. And as you must know this will happen before you attend the
interview.

So, the best way to get the Packet IV to your intended address (whether in US or in India) is to send an email to the consulate after you know that they have your case in their system.

Raju

As I learned on the phone about my case number, so I am assuming that my case is in their system. Do I need to call them and tell them about my new addresss for packet IV or what is the best way to solve this issue.

Thanks
Rits

Raju595 said:
Packet IV will be sent to the address the consulate sees on the DS 230 Part I
you submitted. And as you must know this will happen before you attend the
interview.

So, the best way to get the Packet IV to your intended address (whether in US or in India) is to send an email to the consulate after you know that they have your case in their system.

Raju

rseth123 said:
As I learned on the phone about my case number, so I am assuming that my case is in their system. Do I need to call them and tell them about my new addresss for packet IV or what is the best way to solve this issue.

Thanks
Rits
First of all I can't help but comment that this was a pretty senseless step.

To all the people in the process, I would recommend no to move during the CP process (It's pretty short and quite interactive)

Try calling the consulate and tell them of the move. Also send a followup written email/letter to the consulate. If you have an attorney have the attorney send a new DS230-1

Alren

Move was not by choice but lets not dig into that story. I am wondering if Embassy sends IV by US postal mail then it will be forwarded to my new address or can I send someone to US Embassy,New Delhi to pick the IV/Appointment Letter. I will try call Embassy tonight.

Embassy assigned me the case number and scheduled the interview for 20th Oct.
I can always submit a new DS-230 I when I am there for the interview or my wife is leaving in second week of september, she can visit embassy and personally submit part-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consulates sends the packets to State dept. and the state dept. sends it to the individual by US mail.

If your interview is 10/20, then I doubt that they can correct it. I think they process all the P4s by 5th of the earlier month and dispatch it within a week.

The best step is to have your wife collect the P4. In that case no need to submit a new 230-1 now. Wait till the interview.

Thanks Alren
Then I think my wife can go there personally and ask them to update the address. I will also give her another DS230-I with an updated address/

Rseth
alren said:
Consulates sends the packets to State dept. and the state dept. sends it to the individual by US mail.

If your interview is 10/20, then I doubt that they can correct it. I think they process all the P4s by 5th of the earlier month and dispatch it within a week.

The best step is to have your wife collect the P4. In that case no need to submit a new 230-1 now. Wait till the interview.

Again this is my understanding and my judgment. You can still give it a shot by calliing the consulate today, which would be the 3rd out there.

Thanks ! Let me try this approach.
Alren
One last question. Does this $335 has to be paid per applicant or this fees is only for primary applicant?

alren said:
Again this is my understanding and my judgment. You can still give it a shot by calliing the consulate today, which would be the 3rd out there.

rseth123 said:
Thanks ! Let me try this approach.
Alren
One last question. Does this $335 has to be paid per applicant or this fees is only for primary applicant?

{{Per applicant }}}

Got plastic card

My thanks go to Rajiv Khanna for hosting this public forum. It has been beneficial throughout.

I must sincerely thank http://www.immihelp.com for it's the site from which I learnt about the existence of AC-140 process.

To my fellow surfers here, especially Rjain, Alren, and the gurus like Kd, Raju, Cpdelhi, .... the list goes on --- THANK you so much for sharing your experience/knowledge so unselfishly here.

My details are in my signature. I will post my specific experience soon.

Take care and God bless you all!

drak:

Amazing timeline referring to your signature file! Thanks for your nice comments! As I always say now that everything has gone smooth including receving your physical GC...live life king size!

Plastic Cards

Guys,

Would appreciate somebody informing me as to how long does it take to get the plastic cards after a sucessfull AC140 processing and I-551 stamping at Atlanta ?

Also brief me about the procedure for applying for SSN for Kids who are non- working.

:) Thanks

mssj:

It takes anywhere from 4 weeks to 9 months. Off late folks have been getting physical gc in about 4-10 weeks from date of entry into usa.