• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Succesful interview Florida!!!

bentlebee

Registered Users (C)
Finally the process is over for my friend.
This morning we went very very ealry to the USCIS office. We were so early that we went shopping first:D...but rather be early then late since traffic can be crazy in Tampa.

When we arrived we had to show the interview paper at the door (btw it was very cold in FL this morning) and the employee at the door took the paper and told us to walk over to the trailer on the other side (no further instructions) and we decided to go in and saw more people sitting there. Just chairs and a sign that was projecting questions for people who want to become a citizen...so we waited and tried to answer as much questions as we could and it was pretty easy if you know the history of the US and some political questions...
At 9.15 am my friends name was called over the speaker and we walked over to the other building where interviews and infopass are done. Went through security and told to sit at the interview waiting room. At 9.19 am (interview time was 9.30 am) she was called in and for me nothing else to do than wait and observe other people (pretty interesting).

After 40-45 min she came out and I saw immediately that everything went well....Approved!:)

Passport stamped + letter stating the following;

today you were interviewed regarding your appl. for AOS by .... After careful consideration, your appl. has been approved. You can expect to receive your perm. resident card within 180 days. In the interim you have been issued a stamp evidencing the approval of your perm. resident status. The stamp is auth. for employment. travel is also auth, provided you have a valid passport prior to dep. the US. (I have shortened some words)

She wanted to sit down but was ordered to stand to take the oath first....

She got many questions.

1) Who is the person you handed over you phone and coming here today?
2) Why are you here on a P visa and why did you get that at such a young age?
3) Do you have passports prior to this one with visa stamps? (She brought 2 passports...one has her visa but the passport isn't valid anymore)
4) How can you support your self? She showed proof of at least 7 x the poverty guidelines for 1 person and had to explain where the money came from and if her parents had put it in her account recently...she had all the proof!:), but also ended up giving her I-134 without being asked for it and the person stated "well we don't have to be affraid you will be a liability!...
5)Do you think you will become a prof. athelete soon?
6) Are you a member of any organisations, etc... he kept asking about her sport memberships, etc.
7) When was the last time you travelled outside the US and why did you enter at that port?
8) Where did you travel to in 2004?
9) Are you working in the US?
10) Why did you write down you had 60 credit hours in College but the paper stated 50...she showed the last one that had 60 credits.
11)Are your parents working and how dothey financially get around.
12)Where did your money came from to stay all the years in the US.

At one point during the interview 2 people walked in and needed a file of a person that was going to be deported. When they had it the employee who did the interview told her about the deportation case and how the person was for 1.5 yrs in a facility waiting for deportation and how he got a fake marriage in that facility and tried to get a GC and SSN ...the person had commited grand theft and finally he was going to be dported at the end of this month...

After that story my friend thought he couldn't tell her now that she was going to be denied so she was feeling very confident...

The employee took a stamp and was resenting a lot of things on it and stamped "Approved in her passport...the same stamp can also be used for "denied"!!!

He told her you are now officially a perminent resident and can apply for a job! Congratulations!

Wow!:):):)

Way more questions than expected, but most employees don't know too much about P visa's so we expected more than average questions...

She just applied for a new SSN so that she can work without the approval anymore....

Thanks to all for the support and help.:)

Congrats to your friend... I hope you will still be active on this forum since you have been very helpful.

I will check as much as possible since I owe many people who got a GC before her a thanks and think the right thing to do is to help others.

I'm glad she saved $ 1750.- on lawyers fees and got the GC....:) feels good!:)

Thanks....to all of you. We just checked the Status website and never did it change other than after biometrics was done the announcment was there that the package arrived No.v 4th in Chicago....now after being approved her case# is not to be found and I can only say that the website of USCIS status is poorly maintained and don't pay too much attention to it.

I just received a news letter from our lawyers office (they sent out several different news letters, business related, immigration, etc.) and in the immigration news letter there was an article stating that USCIS is having way more people coming in for interviews than in the past. In the past they had people getting approved for visa's without having them come in...that is going to be history...

As of today the case status has been updated to "Document production"...so it went from the first "acceptance" straight to the last box....nothing in between had been updated. So don't worry if you don't see any updates as long as the outcome is a GC:)