Substitue Labor????

rajisoni

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone/Gurus,

I am Canadian citizen currently on TN visa with company A. I will be on H1-B with company A from Octuber2007 and then will be transferring my H1-B to Company B from Octuber2007.

- Company B has already got substitute labor in EB3 category. This will allow me to file (I-140/I-485)together right away (as the date is current for EB3).

My plan:
-------
- Can I use this substitute labor now and file (I-140/I-485) while working with company A and then later in October transfer my H1-B to company B.

1) please advice if this plan is ok?

2) Is there any loop hole in this plan?

3) At the time of interview will I face any problem?

4) How much time EB3 green card take ??

Guys your guidance will allow me to follow the right path.

Thanks

As you know labor substitution is going away. You might want to read this:

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/FR_No_Substitution_Rule.pdf

The only TN related aspect of your post is whether you can file I-140/I-485 now with firm B while on TN with firm A. Yes, so long as you remain in US on TN until you get your EAD and AP which you would file for along with I-140 /I-485 ie. I-765/I-131.

Once you get your EAD/AP (or you pass October1) , you give up TN and work on either H1 (preferably) or EAD.

Other issues are for other forums, methinks.

Substitute labor????? Plz reply

As you know labor substitution is going away. You might want to read this:

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/FR_No_Substitution_Rule.pdf

The only TN related aspect of your post is whether you can file I-140/I-485 now with firm B while on TN with firm A. Yes, so long as you remain in US on TN until you get your EAD and AP which you would file for along with I-140 /I-485 ie. I-765/I-131.

Once you get your EAD/AP (or you pass October1) , you give up TN and work on either H1 (preferably) or EAD.

Other issues are for other forums, methinks.

Hello Everyone/Gurus,

I am Canadian citizen currently on TN visa with company A. I will be on H1-B with company A from Octuber2007 and then will be transferring my H1-B to Company B from Octuber2007.

- Company B has already got substitute labor in EB3 category. This will allow me to file (I-140/I-485)together right away (as the date is current for EB3).

But few days back I have heard that from now on all categories(EB1/EB2/EB3) are current.

So in this scenario what should I do:

- Is there any benefit if I use substitute labor or should I apply new labor?

- If I apply new labor, usually how much time it take?

- After labor approval can I apply I-140 (Perimium Process), currently how much time for perm(I-140)?

Guys your guidance will allow me to follow the right path.

Thanks

The fact that all ebs are current is only a temporary measure, done to insure that all visa will be used in FY2007. This will not remain so starting in October, so an older PD (from an older I-140/LC) is better, in terms of getting your GC sooner (it won't be in the next 3 months).

and in terms of getting your EAD (that is your goal, since your days on TN are numbered), a new one will take more time (have you done PERM yet? it takes a couple of months),

Your time is running out

The fact that all ebs are current is only a temporary measure, done to insure that all visa will be used in FY2007. This will not remain so starting in October, so an older PD (from an older I-140/LC) is better, in terms of getting your GC sooner (it won't be in the next 3 months).

and in terms of getting your EAD (that is your goal, since your days on TN are numbered), a new one will take more time (have you done PERM yet? it takes a couple of months),

Your time is running out

Thanks for your valuable input.

I appreciate if you answer one more question:

- Due to this change, is it going to accelerate processing time for (I-140/I-485)? or it will be same in below link (USCIS site)

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=VSC

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks

USCIS does not have any fast speed. Given that perhaps 10 times more applicants that usual will be put in the sytsem in July, you can forget about getting I-485 approved this year.