Student Visa and 485 adjustment.

Abhaya_Abhaya

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Right now I am in a student visa. I have just filed 485 and I 140 and work permit ( concurrent). I have got receipt letters from INS that they got my all applications.

Someone told me that now I dont have to continue my student visa? Is that true? Can I quit my school now ( boring school sux)

What if I got work permit and later on my I 140 will be denied? Could somebody give me an idea? I tried to talk my Lawyer about this but he is not here.
I need your help. Please help me out.
Thanks
Abhaya Abhaya

If you have already met the requirements (education, experience) of I140 you can take the risk and move.

But approval of I140 depends upon the financial of company not on me. I believe I will meet all requirements. However I am not going to quit my student visa atleast this semester.

Do I have to continue student visa untill approval of 485:confused: :confused:

withdraw I-485 before I-140/I485 denial

Hi all,

Dose anybody know if I-485 was withdrew before I-140/I485 denial, what chance would be to change H4 to F1?

Thanks.

Abhaya: There is no clear guidelines from INS regarding this. Before concurrency when somebody on F1 files to adjust status than they have to quit F1 and use EAD to continue school.
Extending that logic, I think you are ok unitl I140 is approved. of course INS might come back and say totally a different thing.

winter: It all depends on the reason for changing to F1. You need a convincing reason which can tell INS that you do not have intentions of immigration apart from the I485 withdrawal.

Hi jaxen,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
winter: It all depends on the reason for changing to F1. You need a convincing reason which can tell INS that you do not have intentions of immigration apart from the I485 withdrawal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could I be eligible to submit Form I-539 for a change of status from H4 to F1 status after I485 withdrawal if only my spouse submitted I-140?

Thank you very much,
winter