Student on F-1 visa wants to add her dependent on I-20 form

anapaja

I am in the U.S. on F-1 visa. My fiance is in the U.S on B1/B2 visa. We got married here (3 months after we entered the U.S. together). I want to add him as my dependent (husband) on I-20 form, so that he can apply for F-2 visa. I am enrolled in private school for English language for international students. The school does not want to change my I-20 form. I do not want to change the school. What can I do about it?

I'm not sure I understand. Your school won't change your I-20 because you want to add a dependent, or for some other reason?

yes, that is correct. they simply don't have policy of changing I-20 forms, they have already issued.

Wow! This is such a HUGE REG FLAG. You show classic signs of visa fraud!

The CLASSIC phony course of study, fiance and student travel and arrive together, get married and try to change fiance of student (who is now a spouse) to an F-2 dependent.

You obviously passed yourself off as a single with strong ties that ensured your return back home BUT it was all false testimony to a Consular Officer.

Not sure what to make of this, however I do not think your school is right for refusing to change your I-20. Yes, some fraudulent people take advantage of this however, this may not be the case. I also know many people who have succeeded in doing this, and have legal dependents (not a fraud).