Stuck outside the USA - unable to travel

Does this ban also apply to visas attained through marriage to a US citizen or someone on a green card filing for a spouse to come to the US

ok, my visa expires in March, what if he extends the ban past my visa expiration, will I lose my visa for good
Lots to happen in the next couple of months. Theoretically the answer is yes but if that happens I’d expect more lawsuits.

Does this ban also apply to visas attained through marriage to a US citizen or someone on a green card filing for a spouse to come to the US

Visas for spouse and child under 21 of USC are not subject to ban. Spouse of green card holder is subject to ban, but they are simply not having interview/issuing those visas while the ban is in place. DV was a special case for issue because issuance has to happen within the particular fiscal year.

Let’s say he is president and extends the ban to March and my visa is getting ready to expire, will I be allowed entry at that point

My wife's case was resolved in her favor after we submitted a thick dossier of evidence that we had intended to remain residents of the USA. I believe all the letters of support that were submitted also helped her become a citizen.

Hi Rajiv,
Need Some advice from you. My parents are GC holders and are currently in India. They left in July 2018 with re entry permit valid until June 2020.
Was planning to come back in May 2020. Due to covid, age factor and non availability of flights they could not come back.
They want to come back now and what options do we have:
I understand they need to file SB1 to come back. But embassy is not open for appointments. Since LPR is still valid can they fly back and show the CBP agent (Tax returns, bank statements) and enter the USA.

My wife's case was resolved in her favor after we submitted a thick dossier of evidence that we had intended to remain residents of the USA. I believe all the letters of support that were submitted also helped her become a citizen.

Was it in relation to sb1? What type of info did you provide please?

Hello I left the US June 21st 2020 due to a sick/ dying family member. I realise that my green card will be considered abandoned because of this. If I return tomorrow June 21st 2021 am I still in with a small chance to keep my greencard? Or would the 12 month deadline be that I need to return today. I would be grateful if anyone who reads this could reply?

We have had a series of questions from people who are stuck outside the USA and are concerned about not being able to make it within the time permitted by their green cards. My suggestion uniformly has been that if the regulatory agencies are not permitting us to travel, we cannot be held to the normal allowed time staying outside the USA. If on the other hand, our own health-related decisions do not permit travel during the coronavirus times, I am fairly certain that we can convince the government to allow extra time. So, my advice would be to not be overly concerned. To reach out to your lawyers. Most of us are working even if we are working remotely.
Hi Rajiv,
We have had a series of questions from people who are stuck outside the USA and are concerned about not being able to make it within the time permitted by their green cards. My suggestion uniformly has been that if the regulatory agencies are not permitting us to travel, we cannot be held to the normal allowed time staying outside the USA. If on the other hand, our own health-related decisions do not permit travel during the coronavirus times, I am fairly certain that we can convince the government to allow extra time. So, my advice would be to not be overly concerned. To reach out to your lawyers. Most of us are working even if we are working remotely.
Hi Rajiv,

I’ve applied for an exemption to leave Australia to validate my soon to expire Green card 7 times now and have had no luck. It was issued to me September 2020. But I couldn’t travel until after Feb 24th due to Trump and after that I couldn’t get overseas due to lockdown.

Can you please help me?
Whether it be advice on how to write the exemption, point me in the right direction of who to talk to, really any tips on how I can finally get this Visa sorted would be so appreciated.

Thankyou.
Vanessa