Stuck in Namecheck and completed, info only please

waitingforins2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

We hear all the time that so many of us are stuck in name check. Now I assume they must be processing some of the fortunate ones who were "hit" and stuck in namecheck process when the analyst got a rare opportunity to look into any files related to that person.

I have created this tracker so that we have some hope that although with delay..one day we will have our namecheck cleared also.

Could guys/ladies who were stuck in name check and then cleared..(time period > the normal time) enter their name and process history(PD/FD and ID)
so that we can extrapolate our time -:)

Please do not enter your name if you learnt your namecheck is cleared but you are in the 6-8 months processing window.(because then you were not really "stuck" in name check-:). and also may I request you not to post any discussions on this thread as it loses focus of the thread. Just info only please.

My info
PD-04/07
FD-05/07
stuck in namecheck
IL- Dream on:)

Name check

Nice thread.. My time line listed below...
Hi Guys,

We hear all the time that so many of us are stuck in name check. Now I assume they must be processing some of the fortunate ones who were "hit" and stuck in namecheck process when the analyst got a rare opportunity to look into any files related to that person.

I have created this tracker so that we have some hope that although with delay..one day we will have our namecheck cleared also.

Could guys/ladies who were stuck in name check and then cleared..(time period > the normal time) enter their name and process history(PD/FD and ID)
so that we can extrapolate our time -:)

Please do not enter your name if you learnt your namecheck is cleared but you are in the 6-8 months processing window.(because then you were not really "stuck" in name check-:). and also may I request you not to post any discussions on this thread as it loses focus of the thread. Just info only please.

My info
PD-04/07
FD-05/07
stuck in namecheck
IL- Dream on:)

FlyingTurk,

I have a question about your sig
- Do you see LUD in CRIS on your N-400 receipt?

My N-400 PD is close to yours, and my LUD still shows April 2007.

I don't know whether my case date can help or not. But, my name check lasted sooooo long....

See my signature!!

By the way, IO in local office told me that my name check came out Nov 1st, 2007, which made the total time was 2 years 5 months. And, according to the data I got from other friends, 2 years and 6 months is the average time for clearing a hit name in FBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck in name check for 17 months

Here is mine:

N-400
Priority date: Oct 25 06
First Finger Printing: Nov 14 2006
Contact USCIS customer service back in July 2007, get reply letter saying "background investigation still open"
Second Finger Printing: March 11 2008
FOIPA: Feb 2008 No record found
No interview letter so far.

I'm in NSC

FBI Finger Printing

Here is my info:

Priority date Jan 17, 2008
FP done: Feb 15, 2008

I called in USCIS no: 1800-375-5283. I get a message that the caseius not found.

Did anyone have this situation before?

Is there a different no to check status of FBI Finger Printing?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Here is my info:

Priority date Jan 17, 2008
FP done: Feb 15, 2008

I called in USCIS no: 1800-375-5283. I get a message that the caseius not found.

Did anyone have this situation before?
The USCIS automated case update system--whether it be accessed online or via telephone-- is not accurate or reliable. Don't worry if your case does not appear.

Is there a different no to check status of FBI Finger Printing?
You'll have to call the FBI directly at 304-625-5590 to check the status of your FP clearance.

My timeline

Sacramento
Mailed N400 12/11/2006
PD 12/15/2006
FP done on 01/02/2007
Name Check Pending ...

Just received interview letter today

I just received interview letter today, after more than 17 months of trapped in the background check. The interview is scheduled for May.

My history:

N-400 NSC receipt date: Oct 25, 2006
First Finger Printing: Nov, 2006
Called USCIS customer service back in July 2007, got reply saying "background investigation still open"
Second Finger Printing: March, 2008
Filed FOIPA: No record found
Interview Letter received: Fool's Day, 2008

congratulations TDI...

Hi TDI,

Heartiest congratulations to you.

I am glad your ordeal is over. I hope Ghantabro's comes through soon too.
It will save some hair on his head:)

By the way did you write to First lady/VP/senator.
Do you know if that helped?

I am stuck since 04/2007.

Thanks and congrats again.

Regards

Thanks

Thanks, waitingforins2.

I haven't written to anybody yet, though I was considering writing to my senator.

That my background check was accelarated could have resulted from the recent initiative to clear the name check backlog just announced.

I think most of the long pending name checks will be cleared in the next 3 months.