Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

My Status Changed but not for my wife !!!!

Hi Guys,
I just checked my online status and surprized to see the new meesage for me( I am the primary applicant). ... no email notification though.
There is no change in message for my wife case.....I was the one who stuck in name check and she was cleared long time back.

I hope she will also get processed concurrently...

does this happend to anyone? .....please reply....:eek:

I got the follwoing messages in my online acccount.

/**********************
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

/**********************

Shall I celebrate or hold on till my wife get cleared.

Thanks in advance.....oh I have change my login name to "Ho Guya"

Does any one of you or you know of, is stuck in name check for 45 months (Feb 20 is my 4th year anniversary for name check) ? I am stuck in NC and just waiting patiently. I hoping to hear something on my interview on 6 Dec. I am EB2, world wide category, case never retrogressed (and never approve3d either)!

I was. I filed I-485 during DEC 2004, so ~48 months. My PD is Feb 2001. EB3.
I got approved yesterday.

I got FOIPA "no record" certificate long back. But all those does not help.
Eventually my employer contacted senator I guess and I got approved.
Maybe they did not contact, but I am trying to find that out form my immig lawyer.

So lesson is u might get approved shortly or have sentaor/congressman contact them. But my hunch is teh process is gettin better and they are clearing guys stuck in namecheck for ever to reclaim numbers and have a realistic view on numbers.

Good luck!

The judge is correct about the law for GC there is no law set to limit the time FBI consumes for name check. However , if you had a naturalization case and you were interviewed, then the law would have required USCIS to get back with you within 120 days.

I hired a Lawyer to handle it.
you can go per se but my friends told me that it might not be taken seriously. The case was in the 6th district court and the judge set a hearing date (nov 7) then on october 31 he dismissed saying he does not have jurisdiction over the case.
He claims that congress has not set a time limit and he cannot set a time limit on the FBI.
i thought i will have a chance to express myself in court, apparently not.
Defendants were USCIS , CHERTOFf , CHAVEZ, FBI, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY......

To be honest with you guys , i am not sure if the WOT does any good. Some people say it pushes the case forward so others say it pisses them off.
My Lawyer this morning wanted me to pursue it to the court of appeal for $10 000. i do not have that kind of money.
He is saying that the court of appeal will review the case in more details and something positive might come out if more people appeal their cases.
i decided not to do it because i beleive that my chances are really slim and its too much money.
WOT its you convincing the judge to fight the FBI.
Court of appeal you got to convince the judge to rule against another federal institution (FBI) and over rule a federal judge's decision.

what do you guys think ?

Name check cleared..

Hello,

I got a letter from my Congressman that my name check cleared on Oct 15, 2007. It was sent to FBI in Nov 2005. I have not seen any update on the USCIS website though and only a few days are left before I get retrogressed ! :rolleyes:

Still waiting (EB1-OR, RD: Nov'06). Both state senator's recently informed me NC still pending, also confirmed by Infopass on Nov 15th. Contacted Ombudsman and FL, no reply... So frustating...

Ombudsman will take 10 -15 days to reply.
The only thing the letter will say in simple words is
"We cant do Sh#@ however we have noted your problem and it will help us in writing a report at the end of the year so that all of us including USCIS can keep our jobs . USCIS does not listen to us and they will issue you a standard reply in 45 days based on our attmpted inquiry . Thank you for helping us keep our jobs and please keep paying your taxes so that all of us get paid. Should you not receive the standard reply please contact our office so that we can try to justify our jobs again "

First Lady's help in Name-Check process

I sent letters to Ombudsman & First Lady in around July'07. I got reply from FBI now saying they recieved a letter from First Lady, looked into my case, finished it on 10'th Oct'07 and forwared results back to USCIS. On USCIS online case status website now I see that LUD has changed to 6'th Nov'07 with no message change. I'm hoping :) that at last my Name-Check has been finished which started on 2'nd Sep'05. I've to confirm this by taking an InfoPass appointment now, but I just wanted to update it for others stuck in Name-Check nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, when did you receive response back from FBI

You should pick option 4.

I sent to Bush a letter in mid-September, have not heard anything back from FBI yet. I guess it now takes 3.5 to four month to get a response.

When did you get FBI response?

I sent letters to Ombudsman & First Lady in around July'07. I got reply from FBI now saying they recieved a letter from First Lady, looked into my case, finished it on 10'th Oct'07 and forwared results back to USCIS. On USCIS online case status website now I see that LUD has changed to 6'th Nov'07 with no message change. I'm hoping :) that at last my Name-Check has been finished which started on 2'nd Sep'05. I've to confirm this by taking an InfoPass appointment, but now on InfoPass website I'm confused about what option to pick from:
1. Order from Immigration Court
2. Case Processing Appointment
3. EAD inquiry appointment
4. Case Services follow-up appointment

Any clue guys?

You should pick option 4.

I sent to Bush a letter in mid-September, have not heard anything back from FBI yet. I guess it now takes 3.5 to four month to get a response.

When did you get FBI response?

I got it last week around 13'th Dec.

Stuck in name check since March 2004 = 46 months & counting

Any one out there who can beat me in this ? Or am I the only winner/looser in this contest? Its been almost 4 years = 46 months since th NC was initiated. No hope what so ever!!!.... Just curious if there is any one else out there who has been waiting more or less the same????

Pending since March 2004............

Any one out there who can beat me in this ? Or am I the only winner/looser in this contest? Its been almost 4 years = 46 months since th NC was initiated. No hope what so ever!!!.... Just curious if there is any one else out there who has been waiting more or less the same????

Pending since March 2004............

pending since August 2003....

quick question

so when can you say you are stuck in name check process??
In other words how long do I have to wait after I'm done with FP to consider myself stuck in name check, 3months/ 6months/ 1year ?????