Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

11th March???

There is something about March 11th. I got the same date from the IO when I called yesterday.:confused::confused:

Using Cross Chargeability
LC RIR
PD: 03/10/2004
I-140: RD 09/19/2006 ND 01/31/2007
I-485: RD 03/12/2007 ND 03/19/2007 LUD 11/07/2007 RFE(10/19/2007 reply 11/07/2007)
AP: RD 03/12/2007 ND 03/19/2007 AD 03/29/2007
EAD: RD 03/12/2007 ND 03/19/2007 AD 05/08/2007
FP: ND 03/22/2007 -- 04/05/2007

Darn, I haven't seen a single approval on forums after the news came out.
I guess they are all busy moving cases around. I talked to IO yesterday - he told me that if your case is eligible to be approved you must hear from USCIS (not sure that "hear" means approval) by March 10th.

Hi all, For the last 5 years I was just reader for this forum,
stuck in Name Check
This I got from my Lawyer today
ILA-Service Center Operations (SCOPS) Liaison has confirmed that the service centers are conducting "sweeps" to find adjustment of status cases that can be reviewed for adjudication under the changes in background check procedures announced by USCIS on February 4, 2008. AILA national has asked USCIS HQ for information on processing of adjustment of status cases at local offices that can be reviewed under the same memo, and many chapters have already contacted local USCIS offices for further information on local processing.
SCOPS has asked AILA members to hold off on submitting liaison inquiries on cases at the service centers that were delayed due to background checks until after April 30, 2008. The USCIS hopes to have identified and taken action on cases by that date.

hope it will help

I just got off the phone talking to an IO at NSC. The lady was really nice, and said that she does not know of any deadline such as 3/10 or 4/30 to process all eligible and pending I-485 cases, but she said her best bet was that NSC will now clear them within the next 3 to 6 months. She said that the 2/4 memo is correct, and with that update, I/Os have now been assigned a task of going through all pending files, and processing I-485 for eligible applicants who were held up only due to pending FBI NC clearance.

She said she wished she could tell me more or give me a firm deadline, but unfortunately she was unaware of any. But, she said it's her best guess than within 3-6 months, all such pending cases should be cleared by NSC.

Whatever I have told you guys above that is 100% correct . I have spoken to suupervisor . I have told this very honestly . You know me and my predications from PBEC thread. may be the IO with whom you have talked is not aware about the deadline . BUT Guys pls enjoy if you meet the above criteria

Thanks for the info. What about NSC? Same?

thanks

I would assume all service centers are going through this.
I really appreciate the information you posted tanveer666 I dont know you from any other boards or groups but I have a lot of faith in your information. Thank you so much.

I am in Baltimore and will make some calls.
I have been stuck in name check for well over a year now, priority date meets that criteria.
Today I had my 2nd fingerprints code 1 as my previous expired. Maybe they have my case open and are going to process it soon? (Any thoughts tanveer666 ?)
I need a new travel document, but whats the sense of spending $305 for a travel document if my case may be approved before I get the travel doc?

Does anyone know a direct number to the Baltimore Service Center.

I appreciate all the info and I have helped others out with things they may be missing.

Called CIS 800 Number

I called CIS today and got to speak with a lady who told me that I should either get an approval or interview call by March 10th. She also asked me to call back if nothing happened by then.

So, just another confirmation of their internal deadline. My case is in NSC.

Welcoming Letter Mailed.

I checked USCIS website this morning and found my husband's GC was approved and Welcoming Letter was mailed today. The details of his case:

EB1b RD 4/13/2004 with VSC.

140 was approved 4/13/2005. 3 FPs in Jan 2005, and twice in 2007.

Dependent's case was approved in July 2005.

Transferred to TSC in 2007.

Sent letters to First Lady, Senator and Congressman. Received a letter from FBI that NC is still pending from April 2004.

LUD 2/3/2008. Lawyer sent a fax to CIS on 2/12/08 to ask for expedite the case based on the new memo.

AD: 2/14/2008.

I think the Memo starts working. Good luck to everyone waiting for GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Predication turns out to be true

I checked USCIS website this morning and found my husband's GC was approved and Welcoming Letter was mailed today. The details of his case:

Sent letters to First Lady, Senator and Congressman. Received a letter from FBI that NC is still pending from April 2004.

LUD 2/3/2008. Lawyer sent a fax to CIS on 2/12/08 to ask for expedite the case based on the new memo.

Thanks God once again my information was correct

ok so i just called and the IO gave me a target date of March 15th, does this mean i should get approval by March 15th?

I'm and idiot and got too excited :(, well im going to have to call back when i get my fathers request sent, i would have done it along with mine but didn't have the number.

I have a quick question, how does one know if their case already has a visa number? i know that my I485 was received in October of 06 as an EB3 case, and i have had the interview in November of 06, but the immigration officer could not act on my case due to pending name check.

Hi myflightcn,
I sent a fax to NSC (case because my case was transferred from TSC to NSC in Nov. 2007) on 02/11 after AILF's recommendation but nothing really happened. No LUDs, no response via email or phone. I couldn't verify on the phone with NSC if they received it and what did they decide about it. The IO said they don't expedite I485 which is a blatant lie!

Do you have a sample of the fax your lawyer sent to TSC and do you mind sharing it?

I just mentioned the new memo and financial and emotional distress etc as the reasons for expedite.

Sorry, I don't have the fax. The paralegal sent us a note saying she sent a fax over to CIS.

And I heard from another forum that CIS centers have been overwhelmed by inquiries and faxes.So I am not sure how useful the fax would be.

Hi myflightcn,
I sent a fax to NSC (case because my case was transferred from TSC to NSC in Nov. 2007) on 02/11 after AILF's recommendation but nothing really happened. No LUDs, no response via email or phone. I couldn't verify on the phone with NSC if they received it and what did they decide about it. The IO said they don't expedite I485 which is a blatant lie!

Do you have a sample of the fax your lawyer sent to TSC and do you mind sharing it?

I just mentioned the new memo and financial and emotional distress etc as the reasons for expedite.

And I heard from another forum that CIS centers have been overwhelmed by inquiries and faxes.So I am not sure how useful the fax would be.

That seems right . I too got a reply from the Ombudsman office that CAO is back logged ( believe it or not ) on the enquiries. Normally they have to reply within 45 days and now they are taking 90 days to reply.
THis was on my enquiry with the Ombudsman office in November.