Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Question

I was stuck in Name check since Nov'04.
I recently received RFE for Birth certificate and TB Skin Test.
Does this mean that my Name check is cleared? Or can USCIS send RFE even when they are waiting for security checks?
--
Since there is recent RFE activity on my case, i can't ask for status untill next 60 days. How should i find out if my name check is cleared or not?
=====
EB2 PD: Oct'03
I40, I485 ND: 4-NOV-04
I140 AD: MAR'05
Stuck in Name Check/Security Check and priority dates retrogressed
RFE on 10-APR-07 for Birth Certificate and TB Skin Test
PD Current on 14-MAY-07
=====

Don't know if this is out-of-topic, but anyway, just in-case I divorced my husband during I-485, what's gonna happen to his application?

how do you apply for the greencard? by your employer, then I think nothing will happen to you. if you apply greencard by him i130, then you may need an attoney to write something for you but you may get it even you get divorce.
i could be wrong.

CODE 1 Fingerprinting

Hello Guys,

I filed 485 in July 2003 and case was transfered to New York in 2005. Jan 2006, I had done biometrics and Interview was conducted. At that time they told me that my application is pending security check completion.

Today I got a notice for CODE 1 finger prints. Does this mean my security check is complete or its a regular process as it 17 months since my last biometric?

Any inputs would be very helpful.

document goverment abuse and injustice

Please read the red warning note on the top of the page, your "negative comment" can result your IP being handed over to some "aggrieved party". Screwed and victimized but you can't complain, welcome to the United State of America!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,
How to check if the name check is cleared or not..
I had personal interview done at USCIS local office 2 years back and just waitinfg for the prirority date. But no one asked me about name check?

How to check if my name check is cleared or not?

-Appreciate your answers...

Good news!!

Name check cleared!!

NIW EB2 140 485 concurrent 08/01/04
Namecheck requested 03/04/05 (apparent later)
NIW EB2 140 approved 11/01/05
Stuck in retrogression 10/01/05
Contacted Senator 10/06
Wrote letters to Senators, congressmen, VP, First Lady. (12/06, 01/07)
OR EB1 140 filed 03/27/07
OR EB1 140 approved 05/03/07
Infopass reveals namecheck clearance 05/17/07
Letter from FBI 05/19/07 namechecked cleared

It is interesting to note of all the people (10) I contacted, FBI letter mentions First Lady's letter, although I will never know whether anything triggered the FBI action or it ran its normal course of 26 months!!

Now waiting for the 485 approval:confused:

Was prepared for WoM, but on the way to the Court, stopped by infopass before spending $350 (drop in the bucket) and litigating.

Info

When does USCIS sends the details to FBI for name check ?

1. USCIS recieve the 485 application.
2. First FP is done (Code 1).
3. Second FP is done (Code 3).

Unfortunately, today I came to know through INFOPASS appointment that my name check is pending.

I know what pending means but in Namecheck terms what does it means?

Any info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

When does USCIS sends the details to FBI for name check ?

1. USCIS recieve the 485 application.
2. First FP is done (Code 1).
3. Second FP is done (Code 3).

Usually in a couple of weeks or so after recieving I-485.

Unfortunately, today I came to know through INFOPASS appointment that my name check is pending.

I know what pending means but in Namecheck terms what does it means?

Any info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

It means that USCIS can not process your application until NameCheck is cleared.
it can take from 1 day to forever.
according to November 2006 declaration of the Section Chief of the National Name Check Program Section, there are 440000 cases submitted by USCIS to FBI in December 2002 and January 2003 that still in process of being resolved

so... what was your question? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Thanks Cmapocma. It is frustrating that it is taking years (more than 2.5 in my case). I wish they streamline the process.

Does USCIS asks name check info from FBI once the dates are current for the applicants? My PD will be current next month which gave me lots of hope but was shattered after learning my namecheck is pending.

What can I do to expedite it? I have contacted my local congressman, they got my info and will ask information from FBI. I have send a fax to FBI Director asking my status.

I don't know which doors needs to knocked????

Thanks
HudakChullu

Guys,
How to check if the name check is cleared or not..
I had personal interview done at USCIS local office 2 years back and just waitinfg for the prirority date. But no one asked me about name check?

How to check if my name check is cleared or not?

-Appreciate your answers...

I called the FBI office directly and was told my name check was returned to USCIS the day after it was received :eek: Now I am just waiting to be processed :D

Thanks Cmapocma. It is frustrating that it is taking years (more than 2.5 in my case). I wish they streamline the process.

Well, we can hope that Congress will pass the part of CIR that requires to create a task force for resolution of NameChecks which are pending for more than 1 year.

Does USCIS asks name check info from FBI once the dates are current for the applicants? My PD will be current next month which gave me lots of hope but was shattered after learning my namecheck is pending.

As far as I understand USCIS can submit second NC request to FBI if the first one is pending too long. Thats about it.

What can I do to expedite it? I have contacted my local congressman, they got my info and will ask information from FBI. I have send a fax to FBI Director asking my status.

I don't know which doors needs to knocked????

Thanks
HudakChullu

Well... You can contract some deadly disease and then USCIS could consider if it is enough for expediting.

Contacting congressmen, first lady, ombudsman will give you information about whether your name check is pending or not. And they can contact you when your NC is finished.
And it also can nudge FBI to actually look into your case (most of the time your case is somewhere on a shelf) and if it is ready for decision they will finalize it.
Also it is an evidence that you did everything you could to resolve this issue before filing a lawsuit (Writ of Mandamus) and judge can rule in your favor.

I called the FBI office directly and was told my name check was returned to USCIS the day after it was received :eek: Now I am just waiting to be processed :D

Basically you can call FBI about fingerprint check.
And yes, they usually return results of this check to USCIS on a same or next day.
To get info about namecheck is not that easy.
FBI NC division stopped responding to calls and e-mails about two years ago.
So only ways to do it are INFOPASS (and sometimes that doesn't work), senators, first lady.

I'll wait to decided whether to contact my senator if I haven't heard from USCIS (local district ) soon. They're currently processing November 13 applications (my month) so I am keeping my fingers crossed :eek:

FBI Info needed

Hey envision ,

Which number did you called to contact FBI ?

Also, does USCIS asks status from FBI when the PDs are current for that case while processing ?

Thanks,

Probability of getting stuck in Name Check

Hi Folks,

After having waited for years, just got out of the vacuum called BEC a couple of months ago. Then, USCIS gave me an early Christmas bonus by allowing me to apply for 485 in June. So, wife and I are getting ready for it.

I am trying to get myself educated as much about this step as possible. Looks like Name Check has the potential for becoming the next vacuum for us. It is disheartening that even after four years, we may end up waiting years more before experiencing freedom. Sigh!

So, I am posing some generic questions. I know that some of these questions require speculative answers, but am still trying to gain the knowledge from some experienced members:

1) Wife and I are from India. In each of our cases, one part of the name is common while another is not. As a result, the full name is uncommon for each of us. Does the NC seem to be based on full name or on each part of the name (i.e. first and last)? Or does it not even matter and it just seems to be based on the luck of the draw?

2) What percentage of Indians get stuck in NC? (I know this is speculative but any educated guesses?)

3) What seems to trigger NC?

4) How soon before we find out if any of us are stuck in NC?

5) What are the sources of this info?
- Online (Does LUD also say the reason for the update?)
- INFOPASS (Is there a timeline to wait after applying before requesting an INFOPASS appointment?)
- telephone
- any other

5) I am the primary applicant. Will USCIS not process if either of us are stuck in NC or will they not process if only I am stuck in NC?

Thanks in advance.