Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Thanks and questions!

Do you get the result of WOM?

Hi aryin,

I must say 'YES' the WOM certainly works. It is the result of ample of WOMs filed all across the country that USCIS is now forced to clear all the pending cases (LC at their Backlog Reduction Center). Hence all this retrogression. Please make sure your PD is current at the time of filing WOM otherwise it might get dropped off... I didn't know this earlier and filed WOM even when my PD was not current. Hope this information will help.
Thanks,
A

Found out about NC at infopass appt

Hi,
When I didn't hear anything from USCIS about my 485 even after the date on TSC passed my receipt date, took an infopass and the guy told me that my NC was pending and it was submitted on Sep. 28,2006. I also called USCIS customer service # and the rep. opened a service request with TSC saying that case is out of normal processing times. I called customer service to double check if my NC was really pending.

Here I am joining all of you anxiously waiting. Let's keep track of this and share your knowledge of what best can be done about it.

My name check is sent to FBI on May 31, 2006. I initiate a inquiry through senate and congressman in March 2007. Same reply from them - stuck in name check - can't expedite your case for security reasons. Send a FOIPA request to FBI on April 4, 2007. Not hear anything yet.

How do I check the status of FOIPA request. What should be my next steps. I am sick of this process.

Received FP notice after 18 months

we gave our Finger Prints in Nov 2005. There is no LUD after FP, but I received another FP notice yesterday. Hope mine did not go for name check.

They're not always helpful on the phone. If I were you, i would do an infopass and validate that your NC was submitted.

I called USCIS just now, they are saying all they have on my file is receive date and nothing about name check :(. I mentioned my pd is current and want to know whats happening, she was saying curently TSC is processing cases which were received before Sep 2006 and I have to wait for some more time.

Canada PR applying GC, how FBI do Name Check

I am a Canada PR and currently living and working in USA. For the past 5 years, I have lived in UK (use working visa), Canada, and USA.

So how FBI will do the name check? Will it check in each countries? I really worry it will take long long time. Do I need submit any addtional proof with G-325A form to show that I really lived in Canada and UK?

If I use home country address on G-325A form, will it make Name Check faster?

Any one had any similar experience? Thanks so much!

Has FBI ever contacted your employer during NC?

I was informed by my employer that someone from FBI came to their office to verify information etc. I am wondering has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard of this before?

I was informed by my employer that someone from FBI came to their office to verify information etc. I am wondering has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard of this before?
It is possible, if your company is Edison based, consulting, and desi employer.

It is not unheard of but definitely not common. Is your company doing lots of military projects or dealing with other sensitive information? I can't imagine FBI doing walk-in investigations on a regular basis - everyone would have to wait five years in that case.

But the bright side for you is that now you are sure FBI is working on your case, which hopefully won't take too long. Often it is not the investigation itself, but the time it takes to reach your case that is causing all the delays.

QUOTE=jefkorn;1667970]I was informed by my employer that someone from FBI came to their office to verify information etc. I am wondering has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard of this before?[/QUOTE]

When will this change?

My 485 receipt date is Oct 5th 2006 and the current receipt date for 485s at TSC is Oct 14th and still no decision regarding my case. I have taken an appointment with Infopass next week....lets see what they say. Is it worth doing the WOM in the courts? Looks like the senator route does not seem to be working well. FOIPA doesnt seem to be effective either. I am going to wait for another month and then probably start thinking about a WOM. Man o man even after getting everything done the elephant's tail gets stuck in the cookie jar.....:mad:

Fbi Name Check

I called FBI. Patty from FBI checked the A# of me & spouse and said that FingerPrint request was received on 02/01/07 and was sent back to USCIS the same day. I was not sure if she meant namecheck as well. I call back. Sherry from FBI said that name check is done in Washington DC and there is no way to get update on.

Labor: EB2 PD -08-12-02, AP- 12/01/06
I-140/I-485/I-765: ND- 01/12/07
FP: 02/01/07 (Me & Spouse)
I-140: AD- 03/15/07
I765: AD- 03/26/07 (Me & Spouse)
Fingerprint check : Sent back to USCIS on 02/01/07

can email me fbi phone i have samething i ressived latter from fbi say my name ist complet on feb,19,2007 and we transfer result to uscis washington dc and i ressived second interwi from uscis on april 30 2007 and they are saying samething fbi name check its panding i dont know what to do please email me fbi phone number thanks eldoninn@sbcglobal.net

My 485 receipt date is Oct 5th 2006 and the current receipt date for 485s at TSC is Oct 14th and still no decision regarding my case. I have taken an appointment with Infopass next week....lets see what they say. Is it worth doing the WOM in the courts? Looks like the senator route does not seem to be working well. FOIPA doesnt seem to be effective either. I am going to wait for another month and then probably start thinking about a WOM. Man o man even after getting everything done the elephant's tail gets stuck in the cookie jar.....:mad:

Hello kulbikr
Obviously no one can dissuade you from pursuing what resource you'd like, but if you're looking for opinions, I presume that even legal counsel no matter how competent would tell you straight up that you really do not have a case (yet). Its been just over the USCIS published processing times in your case, and I hope you do understand that there are folks on this forum who have been stuck in the name check process since 2004 and 2005. I've been stuck in name check since April 2006, and as compared to others, I'm just getting my feet wet.
Yes, the elephant's tail does get stuck in the cookie jar as you rightly stated. Know that starting February, USCIS does not automatically request the FBI for an expedited name check if the only criteria is pending litigation in federal court; a Writ of Mandamus. You can definitely try the WoM route. An attorney might not suggest it, and if you file pro se, odds are high that the Atty Gen would file a motion to dismiss. I'm seeing posts by individuals stuck in name check for over two years and have filed WoM and USCIS has countered with motions to dismiss.
Sorry if this pops the bubble, but it is what it is.
Now, what I would highly suggest is this. First, go to the Infopass and find out if you are indeed stuck in name check, or whether your case is just going through the normal motions (you never know, it currently might be sitting in the hands of an adjudication officer), and if you ARE stuck in name check, I would suggest that you start writing as many letters as you can, to your elected representatives and perhaps the First Lady as many others have done. Since you've just crossed the 6 month threshold, you should explore these avenues before considering a WoM. WoMs are usually suggested to be even worth considering if the case has been pending for over 18 months. Also realize that if the case goes to court, which after the Feb 20 2007 memo is a likely scenario, its not inexpensive to litigate and it behooves you to hire an attorney at that point if filed pro se.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks KS_CC for the nice reply. I myself think its pretty much out of our hands and if WOM really helped they would be pouring out of the woodwork to file WOMs. I was just wondering what the current consensus is on this scenario. Yeah I know there are people waiting longer than me but you know human nature is to trivialize every issue except the one that pertains to oneself. So I am basically going to do what you have suggested and looks to be the prudent path to follow.....I have set up an infopass for next week. I am writing today a letter to the Local Senator, governor, and some top home department officials (dunno if that will help) and to the first lady. The next thing I am going to do it try and contact the USCIS Texas SC (not that they are gonna help in anyway).....and then wait and see where it goes from here.....just so friggin frustrating that we have to endure this....but hey we chose this fate....right?

Thanks KS_CC for the nice reply. I myself think its pretty much out of our hands and if WOM really helped they would be pouring out of the woodwork to file WOMs. I was just wondering what the current consensus is on this scenario. Yeah I know there are people waiting longer than me but you know human nature is to trivialize every issue except the one that pertains to oneself. So I am basically going to do what you have suggested and looks to be the prudent path to follow.....I have set up an infopass for next week. I am writing today a letter to the Local Senator, governor, and some top home department officials (dunno if that will help) and to the first lady. The next thing I am going to do it try and contact the USCIS Texas SC (not that they are gonna help in anyway).....and then wait and see where it goes from here.....just so friggin frustrating that we have to endure this....but hey we chose this fate....right?

Yup, it is the fate we've chosen. Unfortunately lady luck doesn't always cooperate now does she.
One thing that I'd like to point out is that WoM used to be an out in this process. But as you mentioned about WoM and woodwork, that is precisely what happened. When the WoMs yielded relatively instant results, the floodgates were opened and USCIS was faced with a litany of lawsuits. This in turn caused them to request expedited name checks for the suitors to circumvent having to go to trial. Unfortunately for those who did not get "in" in time, they released a memo dated Feb 20 2007 explaining that a WoM would no longer result in them asking the FBI to expedite the suitor's name check. Of course, this does not mean that you cannot sue, but what it does mean is that they now intend to contend the case in court where the ultimate decision on the case rests with the federal judge. They would argue that its a question of national security and if the judge does agree, you would have just expended a great deal of time and finances into WoM. That was the purpose of the memo, to stem the tide, and from what I've seen, it's been highly effective in that regard. Folks such as myself who have had passing thoughts about WoM now tend to be a little bit more wary of undertaking this venture given the risk that nothing might come of it.
Finally, definitely send in your letters to all those you've enumerated. Just my advice, but don't bother with the Governor's office, since this is a Federal issue and not a State issue. They cannot and would not intervene, and you'd have just spent 41 cents on postage and knocked down another tree for no consequence.
GOOD LUCK!

TSC had sent me and my wife a letter saying that our cases will receive decisions in 60 days. Today (almost 60 days after the date of the letter) we contacted TSC (POJ method) just to find out that both of us are stuck in name check.

Why do they send these 60 days letters when people are stuck in name check?

Anyways, can you guys suggest what method works the best to expedite the name check process. I sent an email to FBI today but I doubt I will hear back.

Thanks

My company is NJ based and primarily desi

Note: DESI is a term used to describe anything related to mainly INDIA and PAKISTAN

It is interesting you say that because my company is mostly desi, management, recruiters, HR and most of the consultants they have hired are desis as well but apparently they visited the employer because of me..
It is based in NJ but not in Edison
if you know more about any similar situation, please share.
It is possible, if your company is Edison based, consulting, and desi employer.

LUD is not changing after two finger prints? :(

We gave our first fingure prints on Oct 2005, no lud change. We received fresh notice and gave again yesterday.. no change yet on USCIS website

my pd is Dec 2003 (EB2), so it is current. I am beginning to worry if it is gone for name check :(

My online status changed today, saying that they mailed me an RFE today. This is actually my first RFE ever since I filed I485 in Feb 2004, :eek:

The recent events precursory to this were that I contacted First Lady this March about NC and got a standard response from FBI, dated May 2nd, saying that the NC "is in process".

I really doubt that between May 2nd and now FBI actually finished the NC, sent the results, the results reached TSC an somebody actually pulled my file out of the dirt pile there to resume processing. I wonder if this is some wide broadcast RFE for all transferred cases, just like the recent 2FP notices everyone got.

Did anyone else get an RFE? Any ideas?

Also, I don't trust USCIS mail clerks in sending their mail out on time. Is there a way to find out the contents of the RFE before I get the mail?
:confused: :confused: :confused: