Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

true

Sarasota,
This might be disappointing, but on Feb 20, USCIS released a memo stating that pending litigation would not automatically cause them to request expeditious name check processing from the FBI. Unfortunately this negates the argument that a WOM is one of the only ways that an FBI Name Check would be expedited. Ergo, this negates the potential exhibit.
Now, I don't know WOM specifics (stuck in name check myself since April 2006), but you might be able to put forth the argument that USCIS has in the past (recent past) requested the FBI to expedite name checks based on a WOM.
Here's a copy of the memo dated Feb 20. I hope other folks can offer further insight.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf

The wording is interesting, since they say WOM is not the "only" reason...well I can read it as if its not the sole reason, then it could be "a" reason....so I'd use this as well.
Good luck!

I read the attachment, but can't the court force them to adjudicate the application within a certain timeline, thereby compelling the USCIS to request expedited NC? May be, I am still in two years ago world!!!

It may be good news, maybe they looked at your file after your NC was done, - why else to ask for evidence and fresh FP? - I also received another FP notice while NC pending after interview, and then was approved after approx 1 month after FP done...

Thanks Compass hopefully that is the case .. Its been so long wait i would be cautiously optimistic .. I recieved my fingerprints notice today, interestingly the notice came from nebraska service center even when i applied my AOS at the local office .. the RFE was from the local office ... i will schedule a infopass after my biometrics to check on my name check ..

I read the attachment, but can't the court force them to adjudicate the application within a certain timeline, thereby compelling the USCIS to request expedited NC? May be, I am still in two years ago world!!!
Oh totally. They have to follow the judge's ruling, but what the memo implies is that an expedite request would not be automatically triggered after a wom, but instead, they'd take the thing to court.

Request for email id or contact details to NNCP/ FBI Name Check

Hi All,
Please, can someone post the email address or details to contact FBI for name check.
Also, if someone has a sample letter to sentor or congressman requesting to expedite I-485 or Name check process.
Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Hi Gurus, if u stuck in Namecheck do we keep getting Finger Printing notice every 15 months?? I had my figer printing 2 years back. Can I expect new finger prints??

Folks,

I finally got the message from AILA that both my spouse and I are in "Name is pending security clearance" status.

I read a lot about approaching First lady/ Senator/House Rep etc. Is it working these days? Can someone provide their recent experiences?

Also, will taking an Infopass expedite the process (I am aware that name check is done by FBI)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go

Hi All,
Please, can someone post the email address or details to contact FBI for name check.
Also, if someone has a sample letter to sentor or congressman requesting to expedite I-485 or Name check process.
Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Found somewhere on immigrationportal.com or internet. Thanks to the original posters. Best wishes.

Hi Gurus, if u stuck in Namecheck do we keep getting Finger Printing notice every 15 months?? I had my figer printing 2 years back. Can I expect new finger prints??

FBI NameCheck

I called FBI. Patty from FBI checked the A# of me & spouse and said that FingerPrint request was received on 02/01/07 and was sent back to USCIS the same day. I was not sure if she meant namecheck as well. I call back. Sherry from FBI said that name check is done in Washington DC and there is no way to get update on.

Labor: EB2 PD -08-12-02, AP- 12/01/06
I-140/I-485/I-765: ND- 01/12/07
FP: 02/01/07 (Me & Spouse)
I-140: AD- 03/15/07
I765: AD- 03/26/07 (Me & Spouse)
Fingerprint check : Sent back to USCIS on 02/01/07

Last edited by a moderator:
I called FBI. Patty from FBI checked the A# of me & spouse and said that FingerPrint request was received on 02/01/07 and was sent back to USCIS the same day. I was not sure if she meant namecheck as well. I call back. Sherry from FBI said that name check is done in Washington DC and there is no way to get update on.

Dear AbstractVision,

Could you give the FBI number you called? I was under the impression that we could not contact the FBI directly, and that's why we had to go through the senator's office. It would be great if you could share that number.

Thanks!

KarateKid

Labor: EB2 PD -08-12-02, AP- 12/01/06
I-140/I-485/I-765: ND- 01/12/07
FP: 02/01/07 (Me & Spouse)
I-140: AD- 03/15/07
I765: AD- 03/26/07 (Me & Spouse)
Fingerprint check : Sent back to USCIS on 02/01/07

Can you please share with us the FBI phone number? I am also stuck on name check :mad: :( :eek: :mad:

Is WOM really working recently? Please share the information.
Hi aryin,

I must say 'YES' the WOM certainly works. It is the result of ample of WOMs filed all across the country that USCIS is now forced to clear all the pending cases (LC at their Backlog Reduction Center). Hence all this retrogression. Please make sure your PD is current at the time of filing WOM otherwise it might get dropped off... I didn't know this earlier and filed WOM even when my PD was not current. Hope this information will help.
Thanks,
A

Can you please share with us the FBI phone number? I am also stuck on name check :mad: :( :eek: :mad:
Hi Exilado99,
I am SORRY to say this but calling FBI office directly will not help. I had a very terribly experience dealing with USCIS on my FBI namecheck clearance. It took them bloody 2.5 yrs to clear my name check finally. Thanks to my local congressman who initiated query to FBI on my behalf regarding my pending security check. Frankly speaking, I did a lot of efforts myself which at last pushed them to clear my name check last yr. Pls feel free to reply back for more details.
GOOD LUCK!
take care
A

hi nc_victim_7,

The fact is if you have a pending I485 for more than 15-18 months with USCIS then you should expect a FP notice from them. I must say they are pro-active and SMART to send FP notices if your case is pending with them for more than 14 months or so. Even...you should expect another FP notice from USCIS in case your last FP was done more than 13 months old. Hope this information will help.
GOOD LUCK!
take care
a

I called USCIS just now, they are saying all they have on my file is receive date and nothing about name check :(. I mentioned my pd is current and want to know whats happening, she was saying curently TSC is processing cases which were received before Sep 2006 and I have to wait for some more time.

I called USCIS just now, they are saying all they have on my file is receive date and nothing about name check :(. I mentioned my pd is current and want to know whats happening, she was saying curently TSC is processing cases which were received before Sep 2006 and I have to wait for some more time.