Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Lud

Hi I had 2 luds: 11/30 and 12/01. Is it due to namecheck?? any one had LUDs while namecheck in pending(well, not due to address change)??
My case details:

EB2, India.
PD : Feb 2002,
I-485 RD: Jan 2005.
FP (Code3) : Apr 05.

I had LUDs too

nc_victim_7 said:
Hi I had 2 luds: 11/30 and 12/01. Is it due to namecheck?? any one had LUDs while namecheck in pending(well, not due to address change)??
My case details:

EB2, India.
PD : Feb 2002,
I-485 RD: Jan 2005.
FP (Code3) : Apr 05.

I had two consecutive LUDs without message change on 11/07 and 11/08 on my I-485. My RD is 05/01/06 EB2 Non-retrogressed. It seems my name check hasn't cleared yet either.

Yes, I called NSC

nc_victim_7 said:
Hi bubble23, did u called USCIS to findout abt your namechcheck after LUD? Pl let me know..
Thanks

Yes, I called NSC and the lady told me everything was fine with my case but that my name check results hadn't been received from the FBI yet, so, in a way I will have to wait!

Not sure whether i belong to here

EB2, Dec 2003 PD, i140 approved, waiting for PD

I and my wife gave finger prints nov 2005. We haven't received the finger print notices this year. Is that normal or I have to schedule? My LUD is not updated even after finger prints last year. Is that mean, mine is also stuck? TIA

Central processng for security checks

www.ohlaw.com

12/05/2006: USCIS Proposes to Operate Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

The immigration and naturalization proceedings have witnessed a substantial delays in some cases because of the so-called background check delays. In naturalization proceedings, such backlog has produced a substantial number of federal district court litigation in the form of Mandamus action to force the agency to perform the job.
In order to process and adjudicate immigration proceedings, USCIS conducts three different background checks on applicants/petitioners applying for USCIS benefits: (1) A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Fingerprint Check, (2) a FBI Name Check, and (3) a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Treasury Enforcement Communication System/Interagency Border Inspection System (TECS/IBIS) Name Check. In order to assist in this task, USCIS established a new
system of records that will consolidate all background check requests and results on immigration benefit applicants/petitioners. This new system of records is called the Background Check Service (BCS). The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making. As a centralized repository containing all background check activity, BCS will provide the status and results of background checks required for completion of immigration eligibility petitions and applicationdeterminations from one web-based system to geographically dispersed field offices. This system supports USCIS's initiatives to reduce immigration benefit/petition case backlog and provide significant efficiencies in vetting and resolving the background checks that are required for USCIS benefits. Prior to BCS, information relating to the FBI Fingerprint Checks and the FBI Name Checks were stored in the FD-258 system and FBI Query system respectively.
Information relating to the TECS/IBIS Name Checks was not stored in any system.
USCIS asserts that this consolidated and centralized Background Check Services will contribute to the reduction of backlogs. This established system of records will be effective January 3, 2007 unless comments are received that result in a contrary determination. For the full text of the notice, please click here.

Dear me. Yet another centralized set up. I burnt 2 years in BEC Labor blackhole. Not another blackhole.

- Neeraj

Indianavictim said:
www.ohlaw.com

12/05/2006: USCIS Proposes to Operate Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

The immigration and naturalization proceedings have witnessed a substantial delays in some cases because of the so-called background check delays. In naturalization proceedings, such backlog has produced a substantial number of federal district court litigation in the form of Mandamus action to force the agency to perform the job.
In order to process and adjudicate immigration proceedings, USCIS conducts three different background checks on applicants/petitioners applying for USCIS benefits: (1) A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Fingerprint Check, (2) a FBI Name Check, and (3) a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Treasury Enforcement Communication System/Interagency Border Inspection System (TECS/IBIS) Name Check. In order to assist in this task, USCIS established a new
system of records that will consolidate all background check requests and results on immigration benefit applicants/petitioners. This new system of records is called the Background Check Service (BCS). The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making. As a centralized repository containing all background check activity, BCS will provide the status and results of background checks required for completion of immigration eligibility petitions and applicationdeterminations from one web-based system to geographically dispersed field offices. This system supports USCIS's initiatives to reduce immigration benefit/petition case backlog and provide significant efficiencies in vetting and resolving the background checks that are required for USCIS benefits. Prior to BCS, information relating to the FBI Fingerprint Checks and the FBI Name Checks were stored in the FD-258 system and FBI Query system respectively.
Information relating to the TECS/IBIS Name Checks was not stored in any system.
USCIS asserts that this consolidated and centralized Background Check Services will contribute to the reduction of backlogs. This established system of records will be effective January 3, 2007 unless comments are received that result in a contrary determination. For the full text of the notice, please click here.

Ok. Let's see...
It's a lot of words in this message.

Let's try to understand, what the hell does it mean.

"The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making."

Ok, it'll be easier for immigration officers to initiate background checks.
So what? For me - it doesn't matter much, 'cause my background checks were initiated a long time ago.

"BCS will maintain the requests and results of all background check activity for USCIS."

"The above systems will send necessary and relevant information to BCS in order to generate a Name Check Request for both the FBI Name Check and TECS/IBIS Name Check. Both the requests and results will be stored in BCS."

Well, this is what I understand:
How it was before: Results of background checks were stored in individual files, and in order to access them one needed to open this file.
How it will be after: These results will be stored in the centralized system, and there will be no problem accessing them from any service center.
Doesn't matter for me either, 'cause it will not accelerate my Name Check.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess before the move, name check takes an average of 2 years, and after the move, it will take on average 1 year and 364 days, since it used to take 1 day to consolidate data from different databases. What a big improvement!

Cmapocma said:
Ok. Let's see...
It's a lot of words in this message.

Let's try to understand, what the hell does it mean.

"The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making."

Ok, it'll be easier for immigration officers to initiate background checks.
So what? For me - it doesn't matter much, 'cause my background checks were initiated a long time ago.

"BCS will maintain the requests and results of all background check activity for USCIS."

"The above systems will send necessary and relevant information to BCS in order to generate a Name Check Request for both the FBI Name Check and TECS/IBIS Name Check. Both the requests and results will be stored in BCS."

Well, this is what I understand:
How it was before: Results of background checks were stored in individual files, and in order to access them one needed to open this file.
How it will be after: These results will be stored in the centralized system, and there will be no problem accessing them from any service center.
Doesn't matter for me either, 'cause it will not accelerate my Name Check.
:D

I am new to Name check club. Yesterday my husband who is the primary applicant just called TSC and confirmed that our case is pending in FBI. However, when we called 2 weeks ago, the officer did not tell us that we stuck in name check, but only told that we should get it within 2 months.....That's really a shock when we heard that yesterday. As my husband stuck in name check, do I (as a spouse) need to call to check my name check status or the primary applicant need to call?

dragonhead said:
I guess before the move, name check takes an average of 2 years, and after the move, it will take on average 1 year and 364 days, since it used to take 1 day to consolidate data from different databases. What a big improvement!

:D

Doe it mean, than if my NC was pending for 3 years during I-485 process - since now, it will be done in 1 day while citizenship process in future? Or it will again take 3 years :)

compass said:
Doe it mean, than if my NC was pending for 3 years during I-485 process - since now, it will be done in 1 day while citizenship process in future? Or it will again take 3 years :)

Well... It doesn't.
Because some time will pass after your NC completed and before starting citizenship process. And I believe that there will be absolutely no difference.
So, it's 3 years.

Unless in 5 years that you'll be waiting before citizenship application FBI finally scan all documents related to the NC.

Background check conundrum

Well, personally i've been waiting for my background check to compelete for more than a year. All the reading and researching i've been doing told me that it takes atleast 6months upto 4 yrs for it. I was surprised when i heard from two of my friends that their green card was approved on their interview within 2 months in sacramento. i though applied in san francisco. We belong to same place and had same profile (our spouses are us citizens). So notion of background check from native country being delayed doesnt hold. Also one of my friend's interviewer had all the information pertaining to both him and his wife and told him that fbi does not want his information.

So i wanted to know, if there is a profiling system to pick on whom to perform thorough checks? Also my FOIPA request to fbi came back with no records. I just want to know y my case is being delayed while others are lucky enough to get their green cards within 2 months of filing it. Atleast i should had been notified where the bottleneck is. should i move to sacramento and transfer my file there?

pal001 said:
Well, personally i've been waiting for my background check to compelete for more than a year. All the reading and researching i've been doing told me that it takes atleast 6months upto 4 yrs for it. I was surprised when i heard from two of my friends that their green card was approved on their interview within 2 months in sacramento. i though applied in san francisco. We belong to same place and had same profile (our spouses are us citizens). So notion of background check from native country being delayed doesnt hold. Also one of my friend's interviewer had all the information pertaining to both him and his wife and told him that fbi does not want his information.

So i wanted to know, if there is a profiling system to pick on whom to perform thorough checks? Also my FOIPA request to fbi came back with no records. I just want to know y my case is being delayed while others are lucky enough to get their green cards within 2 months of filing it. Atleast i should had been notified where the bottleneck is. should i move to sacramento and transfer my file there?

The background check is not done through your native country. It's performed by FBI. Here is what I posted in another thread:

FBI uses two databases for name check: the main database and the reference database. The latter contains not only names of criminals, but also any names that FBI came across during their investigations, including witnesses and all kinds of innocent people. For most of us who are stuck in name check, it's because part of our names matched that from the reference database, not the main.

I don't know if there is a profiling system, but the fact that your friends came from the same country as you and got through the check easily didn't mean anything. As long as any part of your name got a hit in FBI's two databases, it requires a manual investigation by an FBI agent, which takes time, especially if some of the related files are not stored electronically and have to be retrieved from other field offices across the country.

I am happy to report that my name check cleared. It was initiated December 2003 and this month I received a confirmation from a congressman that it's cleared. 3 years. and now retrogression...

Civil Case affects 485 Process!

My 485 is in pending and struck in Security Check. My former employers filed a case (break of aggrement) and still in pending. Does these civil cases affects 485 process?