Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

hp18 said:
if cases are stuck 1-2 years in the name check, how come USCIS claims i485 processing dates of Aug05 (VSC) and Mar06 (others). Also, the recent USCIS memo indicated that the new method of projecting processing dates are reflective of the USCIS targets based on when they can approve cases.

What is the relation between the two.

USCIS has no control on SC/NC. So they will not wait for every one's NC clearence, approve it and move the processing dates.
So, Processing dates you see is for the applications for which NC and other Chceks were cleared and waiting to be worked by USCIS officer.

Dear all.

I was very happy to notice a LUD on both my case and my wife's today. It says the following:

~~~~~~~~~~
Current status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
~~~~~~~~~~

Is the name check part of the fingerprint review ? Does this message mean that the FBI has cleared my name check and that my case was returned to VSC for final review? Or is my name check still pending with the FBI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

karatekid said:
Dear all.

I was very happy to notice a LUD on both my case and my wife's today. It says the following:

~~~~~~~~~~
Current status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
~~~~~~~~~~

Is the name check part of the fingerprint review ? Does this message mean that the FBI has cleared my name check and that my case was returned to VSC for final review? Or is my name check still pending with the FBI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Check this out. http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=231934

attorney for law suit in boston

I am new here. NIW EB2 140/485 RD May, 2004. 140 Aproved in 03,2006. 485 has been stuck in name check since 05/2004. I want to file WOM. Does anyone know a good attorney resource in Boston area?

hmattaparti said:
Hi Guys,
my Priority date is 12/21/2000 and EB3. so I applied for my I-485 in Feb 2006 and I got
finger prints on 8/16/2006 and the LUD is 8/17/2006. so I think my case is stuck in name check
for the past 3 months. So I called the FBI no and they said that name check is pending with
Washington DC backlog center and it may take like 1 or 2 years.
I know for people who apply 485 without the priority date(in case of concurrent filing), their name checks
are transferred to this backlog center. but my case is I have the priority date and I dont
know why they have sent my name check to Washington DC backlog center.
so any suggestions and any ideas as to what should I do to speed my process for name check.
thanks
Krishna M<

Dear hmattaparti: What is the FBI number you called? Where did you get that info?

Thanks.

desi_boy_usa said:
Not sure if there is anything other than filing WOM to speed up the NC process. Many have contacted Senators and Congressman and most of them got back with the status("Pending").
I filled 485 in the first week of March 2006 and FBI got it on March 6th(according to NSC CSR) but still waiting. PD AND Processing dates are current. I will file WOM on the eve of first annivarsary(if i don't do it know, i anyway have to do it after three years).

Dear desi_boy_usa:

How did you get the date when the FBI got your case? You mentioned NSC CSR. How did you get that info?

Thanks!

karatekid,

When I called NSC, they told me that my NC/SC was not cleared, so I asked her, when did you send it to FBI?

If your PD and Processing Date's are current then NSC people are willing to give detailed status on your case, if not, they will not give out much info(unless you get lucky and got conected to one of those cool ladies out there).

Thanks

desi_boy_usa said:
karatekid,

When I called NSC, they told me that my NC/SC was not cleared, so I asked her, when did you send it to FBI?

If your PD and Processing Date's are current then NSC people are willing to give detailed status on your case, if not, they will not give out much info(unless you get lucky and got conected to one of those cool ladies out there).

Thanks

Thanks desi boy usa.

I will try that... But it seems that there is a way to check DIRECTLY with the FBI.... The information is out there but no one has told me yet...

Good luck!

Dear Gurus :- It appears all of you have i140 cleared and 485 (ND on both Dec 22, 2004) struck in SC/NC
but my case is different my i140/1485 both stuck in NC/SC. I got this info via my sentor.
Could you please tell me what can I do to move my case ? Can I call NSC myself ? How can I can get help to get my i140 cleared so I can move on from my blood sucker employer ?

Thanks

Hi guys,

My senator informed me that my NC was cleared on 3/31/06. How long does it take after NC process is complete? USCIS told my senator that the NC process completion does not mean that all the checks are done. There are still other security checks.

Any idea about the possible timeline?

thanks,

Family based I-130/I-485: ND: 2/20/04

IT looks like there is no use of just fighting on retrogression alone you have to raise the voice against FBI Name check delays which is also taking 1 - 3 years. Is any agency/organisation filing any case against these delays in regards to NC?

Issues:
a) Labor BEC - 3 years
b) I 140 - 2 weeks to 1 year
c) Retrogression - Typically will stop you and you might have to wait for 6 months to 3 years
d) New thing - FBI Name check (under 485) is taking around 1 - 3 years

support.gc said:
IT looks like there is no use of just fighting on retrogression alone you have to raise the voice against FBI Name check delays which is also taking 1 - 3 years. Is any agency/organisation filing any case against these delays in regards to NC?

Issues:
a) Labor BEC - 3 years
b) I 140 - 2 weeks to 1 year
c) Retrogression - Typically will stop you and you might have to wait for 6 months to 3 years
d) New thing - FBI Name check (under 485) is taking around 1 - 3 years
My dear support.gc
You will NEVER hear voice for this. Some body wrote "owner crying on burning house and stranger lits his cigar"...

PD July2002(will be current Dec 2006)
RD Jan 2003
EB3 worldwide
Name check pending since March 2003 and is still pending as of Nov 2006 thru senator inq
so no hope even after a long wait

my case also stuck in name check

Hi folks, even my case stuck in name check.

EB2 - PD - June 13th 2002
--------------------------
485 RD: 05/15/06
140 - Approved Sep'06

Checked with USCIS - Infopass, name check still pending and for wife it is cleared.

I'm not sure how long it is going to take, I don't wanna wait for long time like I waited for my labor - 4 years.

Please help me understand what is WOM and what ways we can file a case?

Sending Money to Motherland could cause issue ?

Guys,
Heard a rumer that sending Money to Motherland of amount $5000 or more could cause your name to be put in the watch list. Which will cause an hit.

This sounds logical as most of the Indians send money to India and most of the Indian's get caught in the NC.

what do you think about this rumor?

Gurus, Is it time for me to schedule infopass appointment?

What is the chance that I am stuck in Name Check? Should I schedule infopass appointment?

rockme said:
Hi folks, even my case stuck in name check.

EB2 - PD - June 13th 2002
--------------------------
485 RD: 05/15/06
140 - Approved Sep'06

Checked with USCIS - Infopass, name check still pending and for wife it is cleared.

I'm not sure how long it is going to take, I don't wanna wait for long time like I waited for my labor - 4 years.

Please help me understand what is WOM and what ways we can file a case?

do u know when ur wife's namecheck has been cleared?