Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

belle said:
the number should be on your receipt

No Sir. The Only number on the receipt is the National Center ( 1800).

I think the MSC doesn't have a number to contact them :(

clean fbi record

Does a clean fbi record (no arrest) meant for canadian immigration men anything in name check for greencard?

Thanks,
Fasahat

k1_visa said:
No Sir. The Only number on the receipt is the National Center ( 1800).

I think the MSC doesn't have a number to contact them :(
try this number. as long as you have your receipt number, they should be able to help you

just spoke to the uscis representative. the lady was nice. but, both my wife's and my name are pending with FBI. It has been 4 months. Contacted with congressman, no results. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't know how long we have to continue to wait? any more suggestions? Thanks!

Please be patient

forxp said:
just spoke to the uscis representative. the lady was nice. but, both my wife's and my name are pending with FBI. It has been 4 months. Contacted with congressman, no results. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't know how long we have to continue to wait? any more suggestions? Thanks!

I would like to suggest to people who have been waiting for relatively short period of time: please be a little patient. There are thousands of people who have been waiting for many years. If everybody starts to exhaust all means such as congressman and senator after four months, then soon those means will become non-effective or useless for everyone. Keep your hope high and also keep your expectations a little lower. Please do not complain just because you are not the luckiest.

nobigdeal said:
I would like to suggest to people who have been waiting for relatively short period of time: please be a little patient. There are thousands of people who have been waiting for many years. If everybody starts to exhaust all means such as congressman and senator after four months, then soon those means will become non-effective or useless for everyone. Keep your hope high and also keep your expectations a little lower. Please do not complain just because you are not the luckiest.

thanks your thoughts, but If you have been stuck in name check for more than 3 months, you will most likely be stuck for ever if you don't do anything about it. Why do we have to wait another one or two or three years before we start to make noise.

Most of the people here who have been stuck for 2 or 3 year in name check may found this situation recently. If they know this and do something about it long time ago, they may already have GC in hand.

anyway, best luck to all. everyone should do their best to move their case forward. if congressman or senator hear too much noise. I believe they will do something about it, not just ignore it. Just like we make noise to ask for more visa numbers.

forxp said:
thanks your thoughts, but If you have been stuck in name check for more than 3 months, you will most likely be stuck for ever if you don't do anything about it. Why do we have to wait another one or two or three years before we start to make noise.
Most of the people here who have been stuck for 2 or 3 year in name check may found this situation recently. If they know this and do something about it long time ago, they may already have GC in hand.
anyway, best luck to all. everyone should do their best to move their case forward. if congressman or senator hear too much noise. I believe they will do something about it, not just ignore it. Just like we make noise to ask for more visa numbers.

don't agree... making noise too early doesn't help you. because 99% of people that senators/congressmen are trying to help have an older case. they are well aware of the issue already.
you can sue USCIS after 120 days though. and then they will ask FBI to expedite the name check.

belle said:
don't agree... making noise too early doesn't help you. because 99% of people that senators/congressmen are trying to help have an older case. they are well aware of the issue already.
you can sue USCIS after 120 days though. and then they will ask FBI to expedite the name check.

I agree one should not make noise too early...
and, not sure about after 120 days, there was a message somewhere on this forum that someone sued USCIS after 2 years name check pending and lost the case...court decided it is still 'reasonable' time... and someone else did after 4 years (!) and won the case....

what is average wait time for those who delayed ?

Well it looks like my name check has been taking longer than 6 month by now.

I'm wondering how long this will take on average if you're not one of
those whose name check cleared within 90 days...

If it simply depends on how many hits you have, it will depend.

But if there is a backlog of name checks, there must be estimated
waiting time...

fdfd said:
Well it looks like my name check has been taking longer than 6 month by now.

I'm wondering how long this will take on average if you're not one of
those whose name check cleared within 90 days...

If it simply depends on how many hits you have, it will depend.

But if there is a backlog of name checks, there must be estimated
waiting time...

believe it or not, there isn't one... if you saw the time table in this thread you will see what i mean.

Stuck in Name check

All,

Miy 485 and my wifes were filed in Dec 2004 VSC, and recently when I moved I sent them the updated address. I got a letter saying my case has been delayed due to security check.

So I called VSC and spoke to a representative and she told me that the security check is the background check and she cannot give me any estimated time when it will be completed. she said it can take anywhere between 2 months to 2 years. all I was trying to get was the date when the Name check was initiated and she said they dont have this information. How are other able to get it?

Thanks. :mad:

sr_srikanth said:
All,

Miy 485 and my wifes were filed in Dec 2004 VSC, and recently when I moved I sent them the updated address. I got a letter saying my case has been delayed due to security check.

So I called VSC and spoke to a representative and she told me that the security check is the background check and she cannot give me any estimated time when it will be completed. she said it can take anywhere between 2 months to 2 years. all I was trying to get was the date when the Name check was initiated and she said they dont have this information. How are other able to get it?

Thanks. :mad:

You can get plenty of information if you read this thread.
People used to get the initiation date by e-mailing to FBI, but looks like recently FBI stopped responding (and before response time was 6 months). You may write to FBI but I did in Feb, no response yet.
Normally, this check is initiated after one month after filing your I-485, but sometimes something happens and they initiate it later.
This can easily take more than 2 years...

Define "funny"

Is it funny or what?

On news yesterday. A news-caster (female) and her family (husband and 10-month-old baby (boy) was travelling recently. They were informed that they could not aboard the flight because someone in the family has a hit and is on the FBI watch list. Guess who?

You've guessed it right, the 10-month-old baby boy. The officials admitted that their system is not nearly perfect, but they are working very hard to make improvement to avoid this kind of mistakes in the future.

** HOAP FLOATS **

sillious_mk said:
Is it funny or what?

On news yesterday. A news-caster (female) and her family (husband and 10-month-old baby (boy) was travelling recently. They were informed that they could not aboard the flight because someone in the family has a hit and is on the FBI watch list. Guess who?

You've guessed it right, the 10-month-old baby boy. The officials admitted that their system is not nearly perfect, but they are working very hard to make improvement to avoid this kind of mistakes in the future.

** HOAP FLOATS **

P.S. You should've seen the look on the face of the 10-month-old boy :eek: :eek:

Response from the congressman

I did write to two senatros and a congressman using a tepmlate from this forum (thanks a lot folks!) and today a lady from the congressman's office called me and told:
- they can do nothing, this is an internal check and it goes as it supposed to;
- (my Q: it is pending more than 2 years - maybe some paperwork is lost or misplaced?) - No it cannot happen, if it happens they (? hmm who) will contact me;
- my case is pending due to the security check and such cases are reviewed ONCE a WEEK to check if the security check is over (wow);
- all I must do it WAIT.
:eek:

compass said:
I did write to two senatros and a congressman using a tepmlate from this forum (thanks a lot folks!) and today a lady from the congressman's office called me and told:
- they can do nothing, this is an internal check and it goes as it supposed to;
- (my Q: it is pending more than 2 years - maybe some paperwork is lost or misplaced?) - No it cannot happen, if it happens they (? hmm who) will contact me;
- my case is pending due to the security check and such cases are reviewed ONCE a WEEK to check if the security check is over (wow);
- all I must do it WAIT.
:eek:

same boat. i guess you contacted MD senator and your local congressman?

GC (family based) approved after NC clear - total time 27 months

Hi all,
On my biggest surprise, I received email today that My GC is approved yesterday. :D Message changed to
"after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

My namecheck was pending since Nov- 2003. I think all request letters i wrote to FBI 2 months ago did help. According to my experience, senetors, congressman didn't help much to clear namecheck.. You are on your own.. and just handle this issues yourself without expecting helps from anyone.. I am really thankful to god for helping me to clear this biggest mistery of my life.
Now, I really belive in news that "FBI working on backlogged cases".. so, hold your breath.. you are all in line to hear good news from USCIS.
good luck to everyone. :)

Name Check Cleared

HI,
i emialed Pittsburg office today and recieved that my Name check has been cleared and i will be getting approval very soon.

Country of residence: Pakistan
Application Type: 1485 Marriage base
Application Date: Nov. 24, 2004
FP1: Dec 8, 2004
EAD APproved: Jan 24, 2005
Interview: Aug 25, 2005
Email recieved today that name check has been cleared....

I hope it will help some folks.....