Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

It seems encouraging.

belle said:
compass, i really hope what you said is true! (that all 2002 and 2003 are cleared...)
hehe. so it looks like i should wait for a little more? i am preparing WOM with lawyer help but saving that $5000 is pretty appealing too.
so sick and tired of renewing EAD...

Name check is still pending!

Name check initated in 04/2005. Senetor told just last week it is still pending

EB1
485 RD 04/2005

I m back since my last post in Dec 05 ( you know you got hope and after a long time of waiting you became a comfortable numb) I am from Jul 03 pending..... Last month we went with my wife ( yea still happily marry) to the federal building and my wife got in confidence with a lady working for INS, and she said, after called whoever is behind this name check, the load is in March 2003........ so I got my two cents..

My wife's name check is cleard. Should she get 485 approved?

Hi, buddies,

Name check issue is really frustrating. It's difficult to understand throughly and clearly. Would you experts qucikly give me some points or links for my questions below. Thanks.

Our EB2 PD Jul, 2003
I140 was approved in Nov, 2004
I485 filed Dec, 2004
FP Mar, 2005
EAD1 Feb, 2005
EAD2 Feb, 2006
Our filing date has passed VSC I485 processing date by 6 months. The visa number becomes available for a month now. Our I485 case is still pending.

I called VSC and was told my security check was sent to FBI the same time as I filed (Dec, 2004). Still waiting for it. My wife's security check was cleared in Dec, 2004 (seems the same date as we filed.)

I have some questions here:

1. Is it true that security check sent to FBI immediately when we filed? Why my wife was cleared in the same time as filed? (Maybe VSC does not have the clearing date, so just gave me the sending date.) Last time in Sept I called them, and was told the security check was sent in Aug. So, which is true?

2. All materials are ready for my wife. Will she get approved 485 soon?

3. The VSC representative let me send an security check enquiry to FBI. FBINNCT@IC.FBI.GOV, 202-324-2399. Are they correct? Because there is no response.

4. I learnt that many people asked senators or congreemen to initiate such enquiries to FBI. Will it be better? How can I find a senator or congreemen locally? Are they willing/nice to help? What should I tell them? Hope I can have my security check expedited soon

5. When I filed I485 after I140 approval, I already included an employer letter as required. Will such a letter be asked again when my I485 is approved in the future? Will an interview needed to check if the validation is still good? I am a little worried because my case is EB2-NIW, and I like to change work field soon. Will that affect my I485 approval if they find I change my working field?

My I485 case should not be very special: I just changed employer 2 months after I485 filing (because my case is EB2-NIW, I do not need to be stuck in one employer), and changed address from VSC to NSC. My case is still in VSC, and I am still working in a similar field. (I just plan to change the working field soon.)

Please help!

colonel said:
I m back since my last post in Dec 05 ( you know you got hope and after a long time of waiting you became a comfortable numb) I am from Jul 03 pending..... Last month we went with my wife ( yea still happily marry) to the federal building and my wife got in confidence with a lady working for INS, and she said, after called whoever is behind this name check, the load is in March 2003........ so I got my two cents..

What do you mean "the load is in March 2003"? I filed my I485 March 2002 and had interview Sep 2004. I485 approved but waiting name check result. How do you know when USCIS initiated the name check to FBI? I know my nc intiated on Dec 2004 from the FBI email on March 2005.

I think it meant FBI is now working on the name check requested in March 2003, which makes some sense. There are some I-485 approved with RD 2004. It seems FBI is clearing 2003 case and moving onto 2004 cases.

Your 485 was approved without name check cleared?

fightback said:
What do you mean "the load is in March 2003"? I filed my I485 March 2002 and had interview Sep 2004. I485 approved but waiting name check result. How do you know when USCIS initiated the name check to FBI? I know my nc intiated on Dec 2004 from the FBI email on March 2005.

If you are the primary applicant, and you are stuck at name check, your wife's I485 will NOT be adjudicated until your name check is cleared even her name check is completed.

oxa1 said:
Hi, buddies,

Name check issue is really frustrating. It's difficult to understand throughly and clearly. Would you experts qucikly give me some points or links for my questions below. Thanks.

Our EB2 PD Jul, 2003
I140 was approved in Nov, 2004
I485 filed Dec, 2004
FP Mar, 2005
EAD1 Feb, 2005
EAD2 Feb, 2006
Our filing date has passed VSC I485 processing date by 6 months. The visa number becomes available for a month now. Our I485 case is still pending.

I called VSC and was told my security check was sent to FBI the same time as I filed (Dec, 2004). Still waiting for it. My wife's security check was cleared in Dec, 2004 (seems the same date as we filed.)

I have some questions here:

1. Is it true that security check sent to FBI immediately when we filed? Why my wife was cleared in the same time as filed? (Maybe VSC does not have the clearing date, so just gave me the sending date.) Last time in Sept I called them, and was told the security check was sent in Aug. So, which is true?

2. All materials are ready for my wife. Will she get approved 485 soon?

3. The VSC representative let me send an security check enquiry to FBI. FBINNCT@IC.FBI.GOV, 202-324-2399. Are they correct? Because there is no response.

4. I learnt that many people asked senators or congreemen to initiate such enquiries to FBI. Will it be better? How can I find a senator or congreemen locally? Are they willing/nice to help? What should I tell them? Hope I can have my security check expedited soon

5. When I filed I485 after I140 approval, I already included an employer letter as required. Will such a letter be asked again when my I485 is approved in the future? Will an interview needed to check if the validation is still good? I am a little worried because my case is EB2-NIW, and I like to change work field soon. Will that affect my I485 approval if they find I change my working field?

My I485 case should not be very special: I just changed employer 2 months after I485 filing (because my case is EB2-NIW, I do not need to be stuck in one employer), and changed address from VSC to NSC. My case is still in VSC, and I am still working in a similar field. (I just plan to change the working field soon.)

Please help!

Z2 said:
I think it meant FBI is now working on the name check requested in March 2003, which makes some sense. There are some I-485 approved with RD 2004. It seems FBI is clearing 2003 case and moving onto 2004 cases.

are you speaking of the facts or you heard something from CIS or FBI? Mine is still stuck since Dec. 2002. Paid a visit to local office last Friday and got the same reply "PENDING"...

Read the above post by colonel.

and much more 485 were approved recently, not because of the retrogression, since all of them PD have been current for a while, so I must be the name check.

buzzhd said:
are you speaking of the facts or you heard something from CIS or FBI? Mine is still stuck since Dec. 2002. Paid a visit to local office last Friday and got the same reply "PENDING"...

Z2 said:

Sorry. what i mean approved is approvable(the interview officer said). If they are working on the name check requested March 2003. I do not know how long it will take to work on the name check reqeusted Dec 2004. Another two years? Damn FBI.

Missed Finger Print Appointment

missed my finger print appointment. The reason being that the appointment was on 05/19/2006 and I received the notice letter on 05/19/2006. I am right now in a different place from the location mentioned in the notice. Can I go to the nearest Applicant support center to get my biometrics. Someone please advice.

Have you talked to senator/congressman? Did you try hard to get the name check done? I doubt that name check will be done by itself if it has been there for long. Also, in your case, I think you should file WOM if your PD is current.
buzzhd said:

waitingclear said:
Have you talked to senator/congressman? Did you try hard to get the name check done? I doubt that name check will be done by itself if it has been there for long. Also, in your case, I think you should file WOM if your PD is current.

contacted senator and congressman and both turned deaf ear to me...Filing WOM will be too costly for me either economically or personally...

But I am still pushing by writing to senator, CIS and faxing inquiry to FBI. I don't know if it is going to work.

Name check cleared and 485 approved

Hi there,

I got 6 emails of my 485 approval today! Looks like my name check was cleared some time this month. Here are my details and some analysis. Hope it helps

EB3 PD Oct 2000 India

April 14 2004 -> I-485 ND
April 30 2004 -> Name Check initiated
April 09 2006 -> 485 LUD for spouse (No message change)- name check may have been cleared for spouse on this date.
May 09 2006 -> 485 LUD for primary and spouse (No message change) - This must be the date when my name check was cleared.
May 26 2006 -> 485 Approval emails

Who knows if FBI is working on 2003 or 2004 namecheck requests, but i feel part of the delay for some of us could be based on how long you have been in the US, the more the addresses you have changed, the more the states you have lived, the more the countries you have visitied, the more the time it takes. I have lived in 3 states at 5 different addresses and visited like 5 countries outside of my home country in the past 5 years . I have heard that some of the FBI requests wait for some state agencies to send them certain reports that are generally sent by mail, etc not electronically, since it is of low priority to FBI.

Sending mails to senator, etc will not affect cases like mine, unless there is a real emergency with your case. I did send emails, letters to senator's offices. They all came back saying that they would do an enquiry with USCIS, but can not do security check enquiries with FBI. The USCIS enquiries did come back with the usual answer "pending security clearance", and suggested I wait till 120 days for my next enquiry with USCIS.

This is all a speculation, jsut hope for the better, thanks to all the people in the forum.

Good Luck

Congrats! Your info. is useful. This means that at least FBI is working...

divsan said:
Hi there,

I got 6 emails of my 485 approval today! Looks like my name check was cleared some time this month. Here are my details and some analysis. Hope it helps

EB3 PD Oct 2000 India

April 09 2006 -> 485 LUD for spouse (No message change)- name check may have been cleared for spouse on this date.
May 09 2006 -> 485 LUD for primary and spouse (No message change) - This must be the date when my name check was cleared.

Who knows if FBI is working on 2003 or 2004 namecheck requests, but i feel part of the delay for some of us could be based on how long you have been in the US, the more the addresses you have changed, the more the states you have lived, the more the countries you have visitied, the more the time it takes. I have lived in 3 states at 5 different addresses and visited like 5 countries outside of my home country in the past 5 years . I have heard that some of the FBI requests wait for some state agencies to send them certain reports that are generally sent by mail, etc not electronically, since it is of low priority to FBI.

Sending mails to senator, etc will not affect cases like mine, unless there is a real emergency with your case. I did send emails, letters to senator's offices. They all came back saying that they would do an enquiry with USCIS, but can not do security check enquiries with FBI. The USCIS enquiries did come back with the usual answer "pending security clearance", and suggested I wait till 120 days for my next enquiry with USCIS.

This is all a speculation, jsut hope for the better, thanks to all the people in the forum.

Good Luck

Congrats!!

BTW, did you had any RFE or recent FPs?

My EB2 case is current from Feb-06 but soon I came to know that my case is stuck in name check.

Recently, myself (also little bit later, spouse) appeared for Bio CODE 1. Also we got RFE on birth certificates and we responded too(confirmed by LUD on cases which appears papers are received and processed by USCIS). my question is - DOES THIS SOUND LIKE MY NAME CHECK IS CLEARED? I am hoping the name check is cleared but the activity could be as well due to PRE-ADJUDICATION nuisance by NSC

I have not made additional enquiries about the status of name check after the initial inquiry, which is some 3 months ago!! (just lost interest )

Thanks

divsan said:
Hi there,

EB3 PD Oct 2000 India

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
divsan said:
Hi there,

EB3 PD Oct 2000 India

Good Luck

congrats to you!
Please update the NC tracking list above.