Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Update my status - An happy ending!

This forum has be the great comforting place for me during the past waiting years, and finally I went it through. Wish everyone the best luck! Thanks!

• To edit the list, please reply QUOTED and remove the "quote" (and other additional) tags, to preserve the format

================================================== =============
NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared---- I485 Approval
NAMABER ---------------18-MAY-02--------
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05--------09/03/2005
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
buzzhd--------------------Dec-02--------
khanhammad----------------Jan-03-----07-Dec-05--------02/09/2006
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt-----------------------Mar-03--------
Barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------Oct-05--------02/20/2006
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
Mayseventh2003------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
mmz-----------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
wait789 ------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
15th_year_in_US-----------Oct-03--------
BoFromUkr-----------------Oct-03--------
oh_god_why_me-------------Oct-03--------
Belle2?-------------------Nov-03--------
VP2003--------------------Nov-03--------
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mila2006------------------Dec-03--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------unknown--------02/09/06
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
ishturkish----------------Mar-04--------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
Spam70--------------------Apr-04--------
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05---------08/29/05
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
shareef_aadmi-------------Dec-04--------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc-----------------Feb-05--------
EB1UB------------------15-Mar-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
light3222004--------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
MYGC_APRIL----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
Madss---------------------??????--------
Steve31415----------------Jul-05--------Sep-05 (I-485 Dec-02)
al_aos--------------------??????--------late 2005
Pinturicchio-----------22-OCT-05--------Jan-06---------01/31/06

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the longest NC process, I think:

started in 11/01, and completed in 9/05.

Beat that, :)

qili said:
I have the longest NC process, I think:

started in 11/01, and completed in 9/05.

Beat that, :)

close to 4 years, but not exactly 4 years. I do hear ppl around this forum had waited 4 years to get NC cleared. But anyway it was good to hear your NC got cleared as it is most bothersome in the entire GC process...

Although it took quite long time for my NC to get cleared, I am still lucky compared to your case, and some others. I did everything I learned from here, congressman, email, FIOA(spell?), etc. But the final clearance date showed that my FIOA was not a factor at all. The guy at my Congressman's office has been very nice, and kept checking my case status regularily like once a month with his FBI contact. That should be the point, but again, there is no logic exist when talking about the immigration process as we all learned in the past years.

Just sincerely wish you good luck, having your case done in a short period of time.

buzzhd said:
close to 4 years, but not exactly 4 years. I do hear ppl around this forum had waited 4 years to get NC cleared. But anyway it was good to hear your NC got cleared as it is most bothersome in the entire GC process...

miumiu1977 said:
helponline1 said:
Hello everyone. Finally I got my green Card in the mail.
For last several months I am a regular reader of this thread and I learnt a lot from this forum,therefore wish to share my experience for the benefit of others.
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your experience!

I am also stuck in name check process now. I applied through my USC husband. We had AOS interview in Nov but my case is still pending. Now it has been more than 6 months since USCIS sumit their request to FBI in Aug 2005.

I just found this forum and spend couple of hours everyday to investigate what should I do. Here are things in my mind:
1) send fax to FBI to inquire name check status.
2) ask my friend who works in FBI to call them.
3)I am thinking to write letters to senator, but you said congressman is better. How can I find congressman in my area? And in your letter, what did you say to check my status at FBI? If you could share a sample, that will be the best!
4)If all of above fail, I will try writ of Mandamus, althought I have no idea on this procedure. Anyone could share me a link on how to do writ of mandamus?

Well, that is all I can do. I cannot imagine some of you waited one or two years on name check clearance, I would be insane then :mad: :mad:
Miumiu,
I am sure that sending FAXes to FBI / USCIS will not result into anything. I do not know whether contacting your friend from FBI will work. The best way is to visit the office of your local congressman along with a written letter ( you can develop a personal rapo by visiting in person than by sending letter by mail). The congressman can be easily located by going to website "house .gov" and typing you zip code there.
Write a letter to congresman, that your have been waiting for a long and assure that your never have had any issues with the law and enforrcement agencies anywhere in the world. Explain the hardships you are undergoing due to this delay. Include your DOB, Receipt No, Alien number, tel number etc. Attach a copy of the last notice received from USCIS. Urge the congresman's staff to send FAX to the congressional office in Washington DC. (There is one lady named Kanishk who is congressional contact in FBI office in DC). Ask the congressman to enquire on the status of your case. That way they will pick up your file from the pile of files lying there. 99 times the hit is so minor that it can be resolved on the spot and they do resolve it if there is a congressional query.
In my opinion your local congressman is the only source of help in this situation.
Best of Luck.

barney_hi said:
I also just got the approval letter from my local office, finally a happy ending of long long dark years!

My question is that how long it takes for you to receive the plastic cards after you received your approval letter?

I just try to gauge the time frame, and see if I need to get the stamps first.

Thanks a lot!
Barney, I got my Green Card within a week after receiving Approval Notice ( Welcome Notice). They are reluctant to stamp your passport even when you show the notice becasue they send the Green Card very soon after that. They probably want to omit the step of stamping 551 in the passport becase they send the GC so quick after that.

helponline1 said:
Miumiu,
I am sure that sending FAXes to FBI / USCIS will not result into anything. I do not know whether contacting your friend from FBI will work. The best way is to visit the office of your local congressman along with a written letter ( you can develop a personal rapo by visiting in person than by sending letter by mail). The congressman can be easily located by going to website "house .gov" and typing you zip code there.
Write a letter to congresman, that your have been waiting for a long and assure that your never have had any issues with the law and enforrcement agencies anywhere in the world. Explain the hardships you are undergoing due to this delay. Include your DOB, Receipt No, Alien number, tel number etc. Attach a copy of the last notice received from USCIS. Urge the congresman's staff to send FAX to the congressional office in Washington DC. (There is one lady named Kanishk who is congressional contact in FBI office in DC). Ask the congressman to enquire on the status of your case. That way they will pick up your file from the pile of files lying there. 99 times the hit is so minor that it can be resolved on the spot and they do resolve it if there is a congressional query.
In my opinion your local congressman is the only source of help in this situation.
Best of Luck.

do you write to the congressman in local office or to the office in DC? If you contact congressman, will your case be transferred to congressional office in DC or stay in CIS local office or Service center?

Last edited by a moderator:
buzzhd said:
do you write to the congressman in local office or to the office in DC? If you contact congressman, will your case be transferred to congressional office in DC or stay in CIS local office or Service center?
You should personaly drop in the local office of your congresman meet the staff there and explain your case to them ( you do not need to contact the congressman in Washington DC). FBI has a congressional office in Washington DC, which is a contact point for congressional enquiries. After you have explained your case to the congresman's staff, they send FAX to this congressional office and that office responds back to your congresman's office.
Contacting your local congressman does not affect the place where your case is being processed. The case stays at the same office where it was being processed ( USCIS local office or service center).

helponline1 said:
You should personaly drop in the local office of your congresman meet the staff there and explain your case to them ( you do not need to contact the congressman in Washington DC). FBI has a congressional office in Washington DC, which is a contact point for congressional enquiries. After you have explained your case to the congresman's staff, they send FAX to this congressional office and that office responds back to your congresman's office.
Contacting your local congressman does not affect the place where your case is being processed. The case stays at the same office where it was being processed ( USCIS local office or service center).

thanks. got it...

Gili,

I can easily beat that: started in December 2002 and NOT completed yet after three congressional and one senatorial inquiries.

udacha6 said:
Gili,

I can easily beat that: started in December 2002 and NOT completed yet after three congressional and one senatorial inquiries.

please try to add your name to the tracking list, so ppl can get a better idea what's going on with the NC process.

udacha6 said:
Gili,

Try to find some сompassionate souls in local FBI. Forget about the congressmen and senators, it is just a waste of time.

What tracking list?
I never visited this forum, mostly VSC.

PD June, 2000, EB3
I-485 Feb, 2002
NC for primary - cleared in Dec, 2002
AP for primary - Nov, 2004
NC for dependent - pending

NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared---- I485 Approval
NAMABER ---------------18-MAY-02--------
Udacha6-----------------20-Sep-02-----21-Dec-02--------16-Nov-04
Udacha6 (dep)-----------20-Sep-02-------
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05--------09/03/2005
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
buzzhd--------------------Dec-02--------
khanhammad----------------Jan-03-----07-Dec-05--------02/09/2006
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt-----------------------Mar-03--------
Barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------Oct-05--------02/20/2006
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
Mayseventh2003------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
mmz-----------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
wait789 ------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
15th_year_in_US-----------Oct-03--------
BoFromUkr-----------------Oct-03--------
oh_god_why_me-------------Oct-03--------
Belle2?-------------------Nov-03--------
VP2003--------------------Nov-03--------
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mila2006------------------Dec-03--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------unknown--------02/09/06
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
ishturkish----------------Mar-04--------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
Spam70--------------------Apr-04--------
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05---------08/29/05
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
shareef_aadmi-------------Dec-04--------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc-----------------Feb-05--------
EB1UB------------------15-Mar-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
light3222004--------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
MYGC_APRIL----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
Madss---------------------??????--------
Steve31415----------------Jul-05--------Sep-05 (I-485 Dec-02)
al_aos--------------------??????--------late 2005
Pinturicchio-----------22-OCT-05--------Jan-06---------01/31/06

Warning letter to FBI and USCIS

I am going to send warning letters to FBI and USCIS CSC director Don Neufeld before the end of next week, including a copy of formal complaint letter and exhibits. If I don't hear back from them within a month, I will file formal complaint in the court. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Pharmboy,

Threatening the FBI would probably be unwise. They (the FBI) are not violating any laws by delaying your name check, so any warning or threat towards them may result in even longer delay for you because instead of just a name check they would also have to do a criminal investigation for you.

To Pharmboy

Y would they start a criminal investigation on any one trying to sue the fbi !!?
Just because they r one of the law agencies dont mean that everyone has to be scared of them and that no one can question them. I feel that "PHARMBOY" is actually from FBI or just too nerdy. Who ever is complaining and warning them about the legal implications if they delayed the process is not wrong. If they feel it is baseless; then they can choose to just igore it. I think someone has to take the responsibility. The USCIS is blaming the FBI and the FBI saying that it has huge backlog. So whose causing the long wait then. Rite now the FBI has to take up steps to clear the backlog. It is not only good for us and itself but mainly for the safety and security of this country, which by the way is its main job. U cannot keep arguing that people being stuck in name check is safer for the country. It really is not. Say there is an unwanted person stuck in the name check and is in the country, who actually is supposed to be caught and put away. This person can b already involved in some antisocial activities or might b involved in much more sinister plans.
Let me also tell this. What ever b the reason; as an individual all the people stuck in this Name check CRAP has every right to make someone take responsibility and be cleared. Because, we were not told about this problem before. And so many people are being denied their right or put through trouble for no good reason of theirs. Waiting for 4 years is too long. It is ridiculous. A person cannot function to his or her full potential with such a long and uncertain conditions. There might b many jobs which prefer green card holders. So all those jobs are being kept away from a person stuck in name check process for 4 years or more. What is this person,s mistake. Is this because, his name came up with a "hit". And by the way; we r talking about well into a few 10s of thousands of people. All these or atleast 99.99% of these people are in this crazy situation for no justifiable reason for such long periods of time. What happens if someone was married and applied for adjustment of status 5yrs ago and now the marriage has ended with the person's name still stuck in "check". What happens to him or her??????
Did someone even have a review if this name check process has been of any good help. Dont know. They dont care about us because we cannot vote anyways. If we had the right to vote here and decide on someone winning in elections; all this problem would hav been solved a long time ago.