Strange email after GC is Approved

Sri4GC

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I got my GC approved and passport stamped on 03/23 in SJ, CA after interview. But today I got an email from USCIS saying:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On April 4, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence
or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking
between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail
you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Any one else is in the same boat? Appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Sri

Sri4GC said:
Folks,

I got my GC approved and passport stamped on 03/23 in SJ, CA after interview. But today I got an email from USCIS saying:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On April 4, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence
or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking
between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail
you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Any one else is in the same boat? Appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Sri
Should call and find out whats going on .....

Same thing has happened to me & my family after stamping in AZ & case has got back to CA. Local officer said not to worry, I guess it just means it has arrived back at the CSC.

I called the CSC since it is now >30 days since stamping (& they say to call if nothing recieved after 30 days) & it was a total waste of time. The officer I spoke to could not understand why I was calling after 'only a month'. I got no answers to any of my questions & the officer decided the conversation had ended & put the phone down. They said something about having to verify the cases but could not tell me what had to be verified since they are all approved (!).

Cases online still don't say approved :rolleyes:

feel_so_low said:
Same thing has happened to me & my family after stamping in AZ & case has got back to CA. Local officer said not to worry, I guess it just means it has arrived back at the CSC.

I called the CSC since it is now >30 days since stamping (& they say to call if nothing recieved after 30 days) & it was a total waste of time. The officer I spoke to could not understand why I was calling after 'only a month'. I got no answers to any of my questions & the officer decided the conversation had ended & put the phone down. They said something about having to verify the cases but could not tell me what had to be verified since they are all approved (!).

Cases online still don't say approved :rolleyes:
Did you do the biometric FPs before the interview? I know that they've changed the methods recently for the actual GC generation. I wonder if you're case just got approved around that transition time and got stuck somehow.

maybesomeday said:
Did you do the biometric FPs before the interview? I know that they've changed the methods recently for the actual GC generation. I wonder if you're case just got approved around that transition time and got stuck somehow.
FPs were done in Feb 04. Just seems to be yet another delay in this ridiculous process.

This message means your case was simply "transferred back" to CSC after interview at local office to finalize the paperwork. Nothing special.

feel_so_low said:
I wonder if this is the reason for the holdup. Have you contacted your attorney? Maybe mention to them that you didn't get biometrics done and that they might want to request them so they can issue your cards. I also found out there's some sort of hotline in Phoenix now for attorney's to call/e-mail and make these types of requests for cases at the local office. If you case has already been shipped backed to CSC, then I suppose the attorney can call that attorney phone line.

maybesomeday said:
I wonder if this is the reason for the holdup. Have you contacted your attorney? Maybe mention to them that you didn't get biometrics done and that they might want to request them so they can issue your cards. I also found out there's some sort of hotline in Phoenix now for attorney's to call/e-mail and make these types of requests for cases at the local office. If you case has already been shipped backed to CSC, then I suppose the attorney can call that attorney phone line.
What do you mean by 'biometrics'? They took a fingerprint/signature after the interview - is that it?

feel_so_low said:
What do you mean by 'biometrics'? They took a fingerprint/signature after the interview - is that it?
They recently switched to doing digital photographs,fingerprints at the FP office. This is what is required now before they generate the physical GC.

My status now says that my card was ordered on 4/28. My wife's said the same a day earlier and has now changed to say an approval notice was mailed on 4/29 :confused:

feel_so_low said:
My status now says that my card was ordered on 4/28. My wife's said the same a day earlier and has now changed to say an approval notice was mailed on 4/29 :confused:
Congratulations! Hopefully you'll both see the cards soon. We got called in for our 2nd FPs. Like yours, it doesn't seem to indicate it's the biometric kind.

For maybesomeday

maybesomeday said:
They recently switched to doing digital photographs,fingerprints at the FP office. This is what is required now before they generate the physical GC.

Hi, I see your post as above, could you please tell me where did you get the info? could you give me a link? I got the appoval letter but it does not ask me to go passport stamping, so I am worried about that. :eek:

gkrish02 said:
Hi, I see your post as above, could you please tell me where did you get the info? could you give me a link? I got the appoval letter but it does not ask me to go passport stamping, so I am worried about that. :eek:
This is what I read here somewhere (probably in the FP forum). My attorney also mentioned this. I have my second FP due this week so I'll report back and let you know what type was done. It seems a little inconsistent so far as feel_so_low didn't get the biometrics type but they appear to have ordered his cards as is.

feel_so_low said:
My wife's card arrived today(5/3) - fast! Hope to see mine in the next day or two.

maybesomeday said:
This is what I read here somewhere (probably in the FP forum). My attorney also mentioned this. I have my second FP due this week so I'll report back and let you know what type was done. It seems a little inconsistent so far as feel_so_low didn't get the biometrics type but they appear to have ordered his cards as is.
I just got back from doing the second FPs. They were the same as the first batch, strictly for criminal checks. Maybe we'll get called in again for the biometrics later.