strange case

greencardfreak

Registered Users (C)
hey,

i have come to usa in 2000; i was in a bridge course and i have 15 yrs of education in India. I completed my graduation and applied for my opt. I got my opt and it expires in dec 2005.
But now my graduate advisor says that i have one more course left. The school authorities overlooked the fact about my courses and applied for my opt.

now as i have one more course to go; i cant get my certificate of MS completion from my school. I am presently working for a fortune 100 company and they want to sponsor my h1. And even if i want to complete the course. It is offered only in fall 05 and it will be completed only in dec 05

I am in a fix and i dont know what to do and what is the procedure if any to get h1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

greencardfreak said:
hey,

i have come to usa in 2000; i was in a bridge course and i have 15 yrs of education in India. I completed my graduation and applied for my opt. I got my opt and it expires in dec 2005.
But now my graduate advisor says that i have one more course left. The school authorities overlooked the fact about my courses and applied for my opt.

now as i have one more course to go; i cant get my certificate of MS completion from my school. I am presently working for a fortune 100 company and they want to sponsor my h1. And even if i want to complete the course. It is offered only in fall 05 and it will be completed only in dec 05

I am in a fix and i dont know what to do and what is the procedure if any to get h1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
check with your company attorney, you may qualify for an H1 with your foreign qulaification + US credits.Do an educational credit evaluation with Foreign degree.

Thanks a lot Great Guru. I asked my attorney and she did an education evaluation and got a positive reply.

My company attorney says she will apply for my H1 start date after my PT card expires; do you think considering my case the INS will have any problems and I have another question actually is the quota still open and do u recommend that i push for premium processing.

Thanks a lot in advance

regards

greencardfreak said:
Thanks a lot Great Guru. I asked my attorney and she did an education evaluation and got a positive reply.

My company attorney says she will apply for my H1 start date after my PT card expires; do you think considering my case the INS will have any problems and I have another question actually is the quota still open and do u recommend that i push for premium processing.

Thanks a lot in advance

regards
Go for premium to see the results within 15 days.

HI,
I came to usa on F1 visa, i had to complete 21 courses but completed only 20, due to an error on the side of my university and their erroneous count they said that i completed all my courses, i applied for my OPT and received it from INS. My OPT expires in december of this year.

I applied my H1 and got approval (this is from a consulting company) and my H1 start date is the day after my OPT expires. Now on OPT actually i am working with another company, my present company offered me a full time position and are willing to transfer my H1.

My question is Can i transfer my H1 to my new company now or ever. If yes, can i do it right away, even though i didnt join my consulting company yet and the H1 starts only in december. If no then what are my options.

regards

reply to green card freak ( ur qs dont suggest ur a freak )

greencardfreak said:
HI,
I came to usa on F1 visa, i had to complete 21 courses but completed only 20, due to an error on the side of my university and their erroneous count they said that i completed all my courses, i applied for my OPT and received it from INS. My OPT expires in december of this year.

I applied my H1 and got approval (this is from a consulting company) and my H1 start date is the day after my OPT expires. Now on OPT actually i am working with another company, my present company offered me a full time position and are willing to transfer my H1.

My question is Can i transfer my H1 to my new company now or ever. If yes, can i do it right away, even though i didnt join my consulting company yet and the H1 starts only in december. If no then what are my options.

regards

yes ur current company can apply for H1B RIGHT NOW !!!, but a new H1B ( dont care about the quota , u already got into it by ur H1B)
The Porsche Guy

yes ur current company can apply for H1B RIGHT NOW !!!, but a new H1B ( dont care about the quota , u already got into it by ur H1B)

The thing the company which i have my H1 from is threatening to cancel my H1, and not ready to give my H1 papers.

I want to know if my current company can sponsor my H1 without any problem.

thanks a lot for the answer.

regards