strange call from INS

[*]Some IOs are more efficient than others, and prefer to call applicants from their cell for quick answers. The faster they get an answer, the less files they have open. If an IO has 50 case files open, it's faster to call the applicant directly than to send out an RFE.
[/LIST]
If they want to call, how is it more efficient to call from their cellphone than from their USCIS office phone?

I had received a call from IO back in 2002. My husband and myself were scheduled for an interview (GC based on marriage,) but we moved and INS failed to change the address. Thus, we have never received an interview letter. I was home one sunny morning and got a call from IO who was supposed to be interviewing us. He asked why we did not show up at the interview and whether we were still married. I explained the whole moving situation and he promised to transfer the file to new local office, which he did 6 months later :((

If they want to call, how is it more efficient to call from their cellphone than from their USCIS office phone?

Portability..perhaps IO is in a shared office with only one landline phone..with a cell phone the IO can call from any area..whether it be from USCIS office or from home.

BOBSMYTH, I do know for a reason that whoever called might be a Supervisor and their phones are paid for by Homeland Security. I did see the Supervisor at Houston DO do that. He just took his mobile phone off his belt and called without even considering the office phone. But when he left a number for my wife, he left the Interviewer's office number not his.

But by the time we were done, he was sure I was still married because of all the information I shared with him in the office. And though I was scared and did not think that was in the code of Ethics, I do now believe that these guys can call and they do. Not that it is okay to accept any call like that, his phone number is still on our house caller ID.

Nelsonyiga, the supervisor at Houston sounds like a nut case..trying to intimidate you by flashing the lights of and on.;)

I think he made a terrible mistake doing that. My wife wanted to sue them for putting third parties into our business and mentioning all he said to her secretary which is supposed to be confidential but she kept is off because she wanted me to get my citizenship.
But they do call, we do need to address that issue to the officials. I wrote everything that happened that day and I am inserting it in my book that is getting published next year. I believe that was not in order. When you look at how they make me drive there because of a name on my son's birth certificate without looking at the dates, then it makes me wonder how many things go wrong in there.
Otherwise I think the tactics to entrap someone and get information is way off. Otherwise, it is always to take the calls I guess and record them and or write down what happens.