Strange and unexpected RFE

santosh_30

Registered Users (C)
All:

I finally got my RFE today on my 485 (my RD is 4/14/05).

It says..."Submit a copy of your civilly registered birth certificate that reflects a timely registration and indicates both parents full names."

When I checked my birth certificate, I noticed that it was issued ~11 yrs after my birth and my mothers full name was not written (only her first name).

SO what shoudl I do now? I dont even know where to start. Has anyone had similar experience. I would really appreciate any tips. How long will it take o get such a documen or a suitable alternative. I have to respond soon and get this out of the way and get my 485. We have had three rounds of layoffs in the company and things dont look good in the near future.

I had had DWI 8 yrs ago and so was worried about that and instead I get this.

Thanks in advance,

Santosh

I think you can use the BC that you have along with affidavits form your parents, not sure though.

santosh_30 said:
All:

I finally got my RFE today on my 485 (my RD is 4/14/05).

It says..."Submit a copy of your civilly registered birth certificate that reflects a timely registration and indicates both parents full names."

When I checked my birth certificate, I noticed that it was issued ~11 yrs after my birth and my mothers full name was not written (only her first name).

SO what shoudl I do now? I dont even know where to start. Has anyone had similar experience. I would really appreciate any tips. How long will it take o get such a documen or a suitable alternative. I have to respond soon and get this out of the way and get my 485. We have had three rounds of layoffs in the company and things dont look good in the near future.

I had had DWI 8 yrs ago and so was worried about that and instead I get this.

Thanks in advance,

Santosh

Was the Certificate issued by local municipality/panchayet?
Certificate issuing date is not a problem. When was your birth registered? Certificate should mention "registration date" too. If registration date is much later than your birth date and that is not acceptable for USCIS, then you need to provide TWO affidavits (on Rs. 10 stamp papers) from your parents/relatives. Here some info regarding affidavit.
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/birth_affidavit.html

In addition, attach a copy of your school leaving certificate as secondary proof (most of the Indian school leaving certificates contain date of birth). If you have hospital record or cencus records, you can attach them too. But these are all secondary proof. You need two affidavits as primary proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the same RFE both for my wife and me. I read somewhere in this board that whoever got the similar RFE they just replied with the same birth certificate and got their 485 approved. We got our birth certificate 2 years back from the corporation office. I replied the RFE with same birth certificate. Don't knwo whats going to happen now ?

All:

Thank you very much for your supportive replies. I really appreciat them.

I am going to see if I can get my birth certificate (original) from the municipality in Bombay. If I dont get it, I will try to get anew certificte with my mothers full name on it and then submit it with affdavits form my parents. I hope they will forego the fact that the registratin would be many many years after the birth date.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get it fom Bombay municipality? Any experiences?

I cant believe they gave me RFE on such technicality. I was more worried about my DWI. I just hope the ensuing delay does not lead to my getting stuck in retrogression (I am EB2 and concurrent with RD of 4/1/4/05).

Regards,

Santosh

BMC Sucks

I tried to get my father's name correct on my BC legally for 6 months and could not succed.

They have computerized everything and it's difficult to get correction without proper proofs.I would say just catch some BMC clarke and give him some money (It cost me 4K INR) and get it done instead of wasting time in getting it done proper way, b'couse that will take for ever.

All the best.

Mr. India said:
I tried to get my father's name correct on my BC legally for 6 months and could not succed.

They have computerized everything and it's difficult to get correction without proper proofs.I would say just catch some BMC clarke and give him some money (It cost me 4K INR) and get it done instead of wasting time in getting it done proper way, b'couse that will take for ever.

All the best.

Actually at this point getting affidavits from parents will be easiest thing do. This is not a serious RFE. If you provide affidavits and school certificates, that should work. But if you can get your municipality birth certificate quickly without getting into too much hassles, go ahead and get it. But don't waste too much time for this kind of RFE.

Pralay, ERICS will affidavits from the USA work

What if my parents are visiting me in USA ? Will affidavits from USA work ? Or must they be from India/stamp papers ? Will I need to write additional stuff on the affidavit explaining why the affidavit is being done in USA ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

pralay said:
Was the Certificate issued by local municipality/panchayet?
Certificate issuing date is not a problem. When was your birth registered? Certificate should mention "registration date" too. If registration date is much later than your birth date and that is not acceptable for USCIS, then you need to provide TWO affidavits (on Rs. 10 stamp papers) from your parents/relatives. Here some info regarding affidavit.
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/birth_affidavit.html

In addition, attach a copy of your school leaving certificate as secondary proof (most of the Indian school leaving certificates contain date of birth). If you have hospital record or cencus records, you can attach them too. But these are all secondary proof. You need two affidavits as primary proof.

qwerty1111 said:
What if my parents are visiting me in USA ? Will affidavits from USA work ? Or must they be from India/stamp papers ? Will I need to write additional stuff on the affidavit explaining why the affidavit is being done in USA ?

Affidavits can be made anywhere in the world. They just have to follow local rules for making affidavits. Every country has its own rule. For example, in India it has to be on stamp paper and then notorized by notary certified by local court. In USA it can be on plain white paper notorized by state licensed notary service.

You don't need to write anything extra. When the document is being notorized, that itself is a good proof that the document and the content in that document is authentic.

Santosh - FOIPA response from FBI.

Santosh,

Did you get FOIPA response from FBI.

I am worried I did not get, I just sent one day advance to you i.e on July 21st 2005.

But I get response for my wife on 27th July, 2005.

What about your case.

Will you please send your response to softjob123@yahoo.com.

CLUB-4

All:

I have gotten the wheels turning on getting my affidavit and a new birth certificate from Bomby Municipal Corporation. But things have sloweed down due to the floods in Bombay and the courier service is down (local airport is closed).

So I was wondering if I can just get scanned copies of all the documents and have them e-mailed to me. Do we have to submit the original affidavits or can we just send copies?

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Santosh

pralay said:
You don't need to write anything extra. When the document is being notorized, that itself is a good proof that the document and the content in that document is authentic.

Notarization only means that the person who is making the affidavit is not faking the identity. Notarization has nothing to do with the contents of the documents.